To the Devs - Chromie Mode is my new favorite feature

I used to hate going from the relatively well designed Cata 1-60 zones to the comparatively dismal and inefficient BC/Wrath zones at 60-80. I never minded the old 1-60 zones. That said, they should be different than the 80-90 CATA zones.

1 Like

They’re well designed for sure, but I’ve done them so many times now and I just wanted to experience the Cata story for once rather than the ones I’ve repeated over and over.

1 Like

They’re not exactly all equal though. I would say, for exemple, Desolace is amazing. It is hub based, so you can chose to do any little pocket of quests in any order. Stonetalon? Short linear story that skips half the subzones is bad. Doesn’t make me feel like an adventurer, more like I’m on rails.

Plus, a lot of the Cata 1-60 visuals and setpieces got really broken from the Cataclysm. Places like Darkshore now full of interuppted pathways, open air torrents and cliffs (whereas the inner woods used to be delightfully covered and creepy), or the way most of eastern Ashenvale got logged down, or the Alliance entirely being gone from Hillsbrad, or Silverpine being paved over by a two lanes highway, or Thousand Needles and the salt flats and a large swatch of Tanaris being filled by useless water, are just depressing to look at.

Other changes just neuter exploration and make the world feel smaller and less mysterious, like the tunnel in Arathi straigth to the Hinterlands (they used to be semi-secret, reached through a back trail in Hillsbrad), or the big bridge highway from Theramore straight to the Barrens, rather than Theramore feeling isolated at the very end of the marsh. Now instead of feeling deep and lost in the swamp, you just feel like you can get back to Theramore from anywhere in seconds.

I thoroughly dislike a lot of the Cataclysm revamps. If 80% of them went away, I wouldn’t shed a tear (except Desolace and the Barrens, those are great).

Yah the only thing that sucks are the exploiters are using to it to invite level 50’s to group now. Low level invites level 50 then starts party sync, phases them into chromie time, they then exploit world bosses and rares by having the low level hit the mob, then the high level toon dots it and leaves group. Cheap tricks, i hope blizzard patches this crap and gets these bugs out, so this isnt just another extra farming spot for these multibox/bot/druid POS’s

OP, hope you feel the same about Chromie time when you hit level 50 on your alt. lol

Lol. Wait, I don’t get it.

OP, we are also having a great time with Chromie Time. I’m making a ton of new allied race toons and leveling like crazy!

The only issue we seem to have come up against is being able to quest with friends who might be in different parts of the quest chains.

The party sync / quest replay feature should set the group to the “lowest quest state” so friends can just group up and level together. We are finding we might want to play say, Warlords and quest in shadowmoon valley together, but we have to switch to a different timeline and start a new zone together so we all have the same quests.

Not sure if we are doing something wrong, but it does seem to be an area Blizzard can improve this system. Overall, Chromie Time is GREAT!!

1 Like

Leveling is finally in a good place for my tastes. I love leveling in Legion because I can work on all the class hall stuff at the same time. Plus I got the Ren’dorei heritage armor unlocked. Now my plan was once I reached max level to race change to Pandaren. Or maybe Gnome or Dark Iron Dwarf. But maybe not :thinking:

I never experienced most of that since I only started playing 3 years ago and I have not gotten into Classic yet. However I would really enjoy it if the devs decided to take the world of classic and modify it to enable flying. How wild would that be?

I do realize that it would probably break the game and I am not seriously suggesting that such a thing happen. But imagine the initial coolness of it.

1 Like

I LOVE Chromie time as well and think its a HUGE step forward for the game, just like Exile’s Reach.

One thing I was disappointed on though. I though EK and Kalim should not have been 1 path. Imagine if we actually got something like this:

Human path: Elwynn > Westfall > Redridge > Duskwood > Stranglethorn > well you follow the path.

Dwarf path: Dun Morough > Loch MOdan > Wetlands etc.

Break out a path based on the original race leveling expectations

One of the major attractions of Classic is that there’s no flying.

I won’t be. I’ve got a couple of characters I’ll be freezing at level 49 so that I can continue to take advantage of Chromie time and the new leveling/crafting systems. I’m fully aware that Chromie-mode shuts off at level 50, which is unfortunate but it is what it is. It’s why I hope Blizz considers expanding it.

Well, to be fair, it’s not just Chromie-mode that I am enjoying but it alongside the new leveling changes and the crafting changes.

One of the largest issues I’ve had with the game is how every expansion (and lately, every new content patch) replaces rather than expands on everything that came before. With the new changes, up and until level 49, that is no longer the case. If I decide I want to change gears and go adventuring in a different expansion (up and until Shadowlands), I ca just back to Chromie and change to the appropriate timeline.

Now true, I don’t need to do that if I want to just quest but changing the timelines lets me que up for the dungeons of that timeline.

It’s almost the Tamriel Anywhere experience I’ve been waiting and hoping Blizzard would consider implementing. Most of my characters I will be taking into the Shadowlands but the two characters I’ve made (A Shaman for the Horde, Paladin for the Alliance) will freeze at level 49 and remain there. That way I’ve got characters that can go back to any part of the game pre-Shadowlands and have it remain mostly relevant.

It’s entirely ideal, but it’s much closer to the type of game I’ve wanted to play than we’ve come before.

I would love the system… if it actually worked as advertised. I have multiple level 50s, for starters, so I shouldn’t have any issues activating Chromie Time. But not only can I not activate it despite having level 50s, I also can’t activate it even after doing the BFA intro for the “Come Sail Away” quest, nor can I activate it after porting somewhere far away from Stormwind and disabling the tutorial after it pops up. Chromie Time is needlessly clunky, when it should be extremely easy to activate.

An even bigger turn off is no way to always have the dungeon finder search for dungeons from the entire game. Queue times are atrocious as a result, even for tanks and healers, to the point of waiting 20-30 minutes before the tool decides to finally ask you if you want to include dungeons from other expansions in its search.

Chromie Time needs a lot of work at this point in time.

I have literally never played a horde character beyond level, 30ish. Once I get a max level character (and unlock kul tirans for the sweet druid forms). I’m going to make a horde character (either hunter or Paladin) and run through the expansions in Chromie time, so I can experience everything at level. So much content that is brand new to me. Just freeze xp at 49 and the entire world is my oyster.

I was really looking forward to Chromie Time as something to do. It does that in most ways quite well. As many said during the PTR, it really needs to not throw you out at 50, and preferably later.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dont-force-us-out-of-chromie-time-timewalking-journey/617686/

That said, there needs to be a major balance run, and a need to avoid borrowed power from affecting the character IN Chromie Time. If you let level 60s with full borrowed power and equivalent gear, they will trivialize the content and you will see power leveling from max levels. Unfortunately, you can already see that from level 10s.

I can keep having fun with characters by freezing exp at level 49. But, not needing to do a janky thing like that would be amazing, if for no other reason than have a level 50 talent I got used to before the patch.

Per our experience, the group finder asks if you want to expand the search to all dungeons after 15 minutes.

Seems reasonable, I think.

Actually, I was referring to the post right before me, not the OP. I hate that the forum only shows who you are responding to if it’s not the post right before yours. Makes it impossible to tell if it’s directed at the OP or the previous poster.

The phasing changes to stuff like the transmog area… and the outside world feeling more alive, feels really nice. Shame I can’t join in on your excitement OP.

I’ve done the leveling so many times, and so many specs at lower levels feel just boring that I’ve spent most of my time on the character selection screen watching the animations, then weaving through different specs for some allied race or w/e before deleting it.

Finishing up Loremaster atm, really wish I could do Chromie Time on my level 50 main :confused: