To the Devs - Chromie Mode is my new favorite feature

Hello Devs,

Just wanted to offer some positive feedback and say that Chromie mode is, by a mile, my favorite new feature you’ve added in a long time. Along with the new level system, I feel like my new characters have the entire World of Warcraft to go play in. I am having a blast playing my two new alts that I intend to keep at level 49 so I can do all of the dungeons and quests that I want too.

I hope you guys consider expanding Chromie mode and letting me opt in at later or max levels, but for the moment, I’m enjoying myself again thoroughly.

Thank you guys! Keep up the good work

20 Likes

Yes please to this!

6 Likes

the fact that legion and wrath content has become lively again brings feelings of utter joy to my heart and soul . . . no lie I got a fresh hunter to the order hall and saw quite a few other people and it was pure bliss.

3 Likes

Leveling while questing in BFA is amazing, i really enjoy it !!!
But, i get more gear for my non heirloom slots while questing in old zones (Cata revamp).

I’m here to shatter your happiness, the devs don’t read the forums.

1 Like

I still think they need to improve the Cataclysm option. It should take you straight to the juicy stuff rather than the regular quests you would have done before Chromie time.

I honestly had to look online whether it was working because it didn’t seem like anything had changed.

2 Likes

Yes they do, sorry to burst your bubble but they do read these forums.

Yeah, I will admit that I wish Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor were separate from the Cata zones.

I feel like the reason that is not the case is that there are quests/areas that kinda require flight to access.

I do agree though.

2 Likes

What would be amazing is some world quests for each appropriate expansion, flipped On during Timewalking weeks. Not a gigantic amount, just 2-3 per zone, for extra TW badges.

WQs to capture Halaa in Nagrand or the forts in Hellfire would be especially neat.

2 Likes

Oooooh, I like that as well! I would love to see time walking weeks expanded upon more.

I’ve been doing a lot of Legion stuff lately to get my alts their Class mounts, and as I cruise about one shotting everything, I really do keep thinking: “Man, I wish I could scale that stuff to at least BFA’s overworld equivalent”. Blizzard could really reinvigorate their entire world space, with minimal tweaks.

1 Like

The dude that makes sure nobody is saying the n word? Yeah he reads these. The guy who puts code and makes the game? He doesn’t. They only acknowledge those with a high crowd around them (streamers, youtubers), a strong man in a point of content (Preach, Rextroy), or people who’re chosen (private forum users). I guarentee you that they don’t come here to read the forums. Heck even the bug forum is overseen by a bug team which then tells the devs about the bugs in the game, they probably don’t even check the one forum you’d expect them to check.

If they do see the forums why is it that we would see the rise and fall of threads with overwhelming amounts of support, but fall into dust with nothing being done about it? Topics with hundreds to thousands of people behind it, but no answer; no reply? Why don’t they answer to any of the class feedback or at the very least answer to the very percentages themselves, the rates of specs and classes? Destro, cried out for years and years to be op but barely adjusted Legion - BFA, and untouched throughout all of BFA? The answer to all these questions is quite simple. They don’t read these forums.

1 Like

Yeah, I have been happy being able to go to old expansions to level new characters. I personally wish Blizz would allow alts to reach max level through Chromie time if you have taken at least one character to max through the current expansion. I would actually prefer to just pay for the expansion but level all characters in any expansion I want but I do not think Blizz would allow that, so forcing one and then allow the rest to choose might work…

They just need to be carful of phasing issues and quest givers that overlap expansions…

1 Like

I used to hate going from the relatively well designed Cata 1-60 zones to the comparatively dismal and inefficient BC/Wrath zones at 60-80. I never minded the old 1-60 zones. That said, they should be different than the 80-90 CATA zones.

1 Like

They’re well designed for sure, but I’ve done them so many times now and I just wanted to experience the Cata story for once rather than the ones I’ve repeated over and over.

1 Like

They’re not exactly all equal though. I would say, for exemple, Desolace is amazing. It is hub based, so you can chose to do any little pocket of quests in any order. Stonetalon? Short linear story that skips half the subzones is bad. Doesn’t make me feel like an adventurer, more like I’m on rails.

Plus, a lot of the Cata 1-60 visuals and setpieces got really broken from the Cataclysm. Places like Darkshore now full of interuppted pathways, open air torrents and cliffs (whereas the inner woods used to be delightfully covered and creepy), or the way most of eastern Ashenvale got logged down, or the Alliance entirely being gone from Hillsbrad, or Silverpine being paved over by a two lanes highway, or Thousand Needles and the salt flats and a large swatch of Tanaris being filled by useless water, are just depressing to look at.

Other changes just neuter exploration and make the world feel smaller and less mysterious, like the tunnel in Arathi straigth to the Hinterlands (they used to be semi-secret, reached through a back trail in Hillsbrad), or the big bridge highway from Theramore straight to the Barrens, rather than Theramore feeling isolated at the very end of the marsh. Now instead of feeling deep and lost in the swamp, you just feel like you can get back to Theramore from anywhere in seconds.

I thoroughly dislike a lot of the Cataclysm revamps. If 80% of them went away, I wouldn’t shed a tear (except Desolace and the Barrens, those are great).

Yah the only thing that sucks are the exploiters are using to it to invite level 50’s to group now. Low level invites level 50 then starts party sync, phases them into chromie time, they then exploit world bosses and rares by having the low level hit the mob, then the high level toon dots it and leaves group. Cheap tricks, i hope blizzard patches this crap and gets these bugs out, so this isnt just another extra farming spot for these multibox/bot/druid POS’s

OP, hope you feel the same about Chromie time when you hit level 50 on your alt. lol

Lol. Wait, I don’t get it.

OP, we are also having a great time with Chromie Time. I’m making a ton of new allied race toons and leveling like crazy!

The only issue we seem to have come up against is being able to quest with friends who might be in different parts of the quest chains.

The party sync / quest replay feature should set the group to the “lowest quest state” so friends can just group up and level together. We are finding we might want to play say, Warlords and quest in shadowmoon valley together, but we have to switch to a different timeline and start a new zone together so we all have the same quests.

Not sure if we are doing something wrong, but it does seem to be an area Blizzard can improve this system. Overall, Chromie Time is GREAT!!

1 Like

Leveling is finally in a good place for my tastes. I love leveling in Legion because I can work on all the class hall stuff at the same time. Plus I got the Ren’dorei heritage armor unlocked. Now my plan was once I reached max level to race change to Pandaren. Or maybe Gnome or Dark Iron Dwarf. But maybe not :thinking: