To Horde Looking to Unlock Mechagnomes

You need to do the requirements for the unlock on an Alliance character.

I did everything on a Horde, so I guess it’s grind time :pensive:

Edit: On the PTR it shows Horde exalted rep counts, but you still need to do “The Mechagonian Threat” achievement on Alliance which requires revered rep.

3 Likes

yeah! More smarmy timesinks! Need 2 x120’s now instead of just 1 to grind! Having fun yet apologists?

3 Likes

Please tell me you’re joking.

I don’t wanna go back. Don’t make me go back Blizzard!

6 Likes

I wish I was :sob:

That’s horrible! Why couldn’t they have said this when they announced Mechagnomes?

Gosh i hate Blizzard sometimes. :disappointed:

4 Likes

Wish i could have received this info while the Anniversary event was active

(coz human racial + 15% rep = win)

1 Like

its probs like the ones from legion, you can do the requirements (rep and dungeon) on any character, but to do the unlock quest you need a max level alliance

Source?

This cannot be real.

1 Like

Hmm you mean that it’s not like other races where you only needed to do the actual quest on the faction, this time the requirements don’t count if it’s not done on the Alliance?

Blizzard really, reaaaaaaallly don’t want people playing the alliance new races uh?

4 Likes

Look at the post I linked. It’s from a blue. It’s kinda vague, but I’m pretty sure the “it” is the requirements and not just the unlock quest.

Perhaps they misunderstood.
It does seem crazy that they would have the legion alliance races work regardless of faction but mechagnomes won’t.

1 Like

alright just saw the link ouch

good thing i farmed the rep on horde

thanks blizz

To unlock Vulpera I cannot get the faction rep on an alliance character I have to faction change so whats the problem?

4 Likes

That is so stupid.

I wanted to make a Mechagnome priest.

I suppose i can hold off on expanding my large number of alts :frowning:

Because everything related to the Alliance must make people feel dissatisfied, displeased, and failing.

Have Mercy

7 Likes

Yeah; as much as I’d like Neth’s “it” to mean the just the quest, I’m leaning heavily against it, especially considering what she was responding to.

Also, I didn’t realize she was still around. I thought she’d left.

to unlock the mechagnomes you must have done the mechagon threat on a alliance character and to finish it you have to be revered

the rep you can have it on a horde character

Yeah but you need like revered or something for the last quest.

well there are a couple of problems.

1. the content is the exact same on both factions so the grind would be literally the same on both factions. No variety like you would get if you worked on the Voldunai rep.

2. it goes against the rule of shared rep that legion had. In legion you could have the reps on the opposite faction and still unlock the character. There was a precedent set.

3. Blizzard never said anything about it changing until far too late for any Horde players to be able to play a Mechagnome at release. Where as all players had plenty of knowledge on how to get Vulpera.

7 Likes

Eh… sucks but Mechs the easiest rep to grind so whatevers.