To craft or not to craft gear

Hello, I returned a few weeks ago but I am still learning about some of the systems in the game.

My question is about crafted gear. Are there any limitations to using crafted gear outside of the embellishments? I already have two pieces and I have a few more slots that are still on 379/389. I was thinking about replacing them with crafted gear, is there any reason to not do this? I was thinking it might be bad because crafted gear doesn’t seem to be upgradable with crest and flightstones but by the time I get better gear, it would be a on a different track anyways, Am I thinking about that right?

Thanks.

at this point in the expansion, catch up gear is going to get you pretty well geared.

there are world quests and weeklys that will get you 415 gear. you can still farm the forbidden reach to get your onyx annulet. yes, it was nerfed, but it is still very competitve until you get 430+ rings.

also, run low level mythics and LFR.

I would do all that before crafting anything. that way, you can craft the holes you want to fill.

crafted gear is upgradable with the enchanted crest system. that system feels clunky to me, but it more or less works.