"To Be Horde..." quest shows how sickening the Horde faction truly is

I was leveling a new Horde character and felt disgusting after I completed the quest mentioned in the title. Pretty much what happens is you help this crazy orc general do all these horrible things, some of which includes bombing a bunch of young druids. Because that is what the Horde is about! It’s all about killing and doing whatever you want for the “betterment of the Horde.”

And the funniest part? GARROSH comes in at the end and is like “What is this? This is not honorable!” He is somehow pissed, the very same guy that goes on to bomb Theramore and do horrible things to others of his same faction like a total hypocrite. Talk about honorable, right? This is on the same level of Sylvanas evil, which the Horde was all about during BfA, and it just gets me wondering what type of warped individuals play on the Horde and are just like “This is fine.”

64 Likes

No one IRL is “warped” for playing horde.

We all play bad guys in videogames all the time, is not a big deal.

It is pretty dumb people still pretend the horde is not evil though.

81 Likes

But… Theramore was a valid military target?

…That said, Stonetalon Garrosh and everywhere else Garrosh are effectively two different characters. Blame the disconnect between the writing teams at the time.

122 Likes

What do you expect? The horde was born out of blood and bones and the bodies of their “enemies” aka anything that they felt like killing, they could never get along with any other race that didn’t help them. Saurfang’s words spoke true…the horde warchief position is all about either weak leaders or terrible psychopath serial killers without restraint and unquestionad actions until its too late. There’s never been a truly good warchief that wasn’t evil and wasn’t too weak except Thrall.

11 Likes

yes.

Have you tried Tirisfal and Silverpine? They’re great and show real forsaken

15 Likes

Isn’t there an interview with the man who did the storyline for Stonetalon saying there was lack of communication with the rest of the team as far as Garrosh’s story development went?

11 Likes

The entire zone is a result of game developer miscommunication because the person in charge was under the impression that Garrosh was meant to be developed to become a good character, so the zone was written to fluff him up over it. It’s all but non-canon.

20 Likes

Was literally just typing this, I remember hearing that too. This specific questline was a mistake or something, I forget exactly what they said.

2 Likes

You say that, and yet every time I have to lay the spirits of the Tauren at Camp Taurajo to rest I get disgusted at the Alliance.

Honestly if they wanted to make it more in-line with his story it would have been him being pissed off that they wasted a bomb…

7 Likes

Nah, it’s more Cataclysm Garrosh and MoP Garrosh. People were upset not too long ago when they found out that he no longer called Sylvanas a “b_____” during their argument over her use of the Valkyr. He was the stereotypical honorable warrior during that expansion. They just decided to make him a villain in MoP for some reason.

19 Likes

No one who plays Horde is a bad person for playing Horde. I have never met a single person in all my long years of playing that thinks that questline is good. During BFA I (along with a large number of my pals) quit playing Horde because I didn’t want to continue to be the lackey to a genocidal maniac. People who play Horde are tired of this nonsense and it would be nice if Blizzard didn’t continually force us to be evil to fit their narrative.

34 Likes

Ones that can tell the difference between reality and a video game.

54 Likes

Don’t take factions seriously uwu

11 Likes

Ah yes, Stonetalon. The one time that showed Garrosh developing and becoming a Warchief worth following. Only to have it all flushed away.

26 Likes

Wasnt that before he went crazy with power and likely corrupted by the Sha of Pride?

3 Likes

The entire zone is a result of game developer miscommunication

This specific questline was a mistake

Isn’t there an interview with the man who did the storyline for Stonetalon saying there was lack of communication with the rest of the team as far as Garrosh’s story development went?

I would love to see if that is actually true, I tried looking it up and could not find anything. If that is the case, why would they not remove or change the quest around a little? Leaving it in is a HUGE mistake and makes no sense.

People who play Horde are tired of this nonsense and it would be nice if Blizzard didn’t continually force us to be evil to fit their narrative.

You say that, and yet every time I have to lay the spirits of the Tauren at Camp Taurajo to rest I get disgusted at the Alliance.

I can agree with Wakia, I would love for the Alliance to be actually evil for once. Pokes Turalyon. Come on, do something!
This whole “yEaH bUt CaMp TaUrAjO” response is getting ridiculous and just stretching. The Horde have done way more heinous things compared to the Alliance.

11 Likes

Garrosh has always represented everything that was wrong with the Old Horde. From the day we met him to the day he died screaming pathetically that it was all someone else’s fault.

3 Likes

LOL, except the part that upset the writing team, what is considered non-canon, ISNT the bombing of innocents, but rather the fact Garrosh got mad about it!

They were basically mad Garrosh wasn’t evil like the Horde.

1 Like

The guy who wrote the Stonetalon questlines for Cataclysm was obviously on a different page from the rest of Blizzard.

Or maybe it was written early in development for Thrall and they made a character change at the last minute.

5 Likes

After Teldrassil there is literally nothing the Alliance can do that could be considered even morally questionable to the Horde that isn’t deserved.

19 Likes