To all the quit posts

Go on the main wow reddit, right now. Like literally right now, and make a post with the exact whiney complaints you have now.

You won’t get past a handful of upvotes if that, with the majority commenting they disagree.

Yall here kept parroting each other and so you FEEL like you’re in the majority. Jump on Twitch, jump on youtube, jump on reddit, jump on the numerous gaming websites with articles about SL out there and they ALL DISAGREE WITH YOU.

The majority of players are enjoying SL. Period.

SLAMS GAVEL

Imagine going on the forums to tell everyone their opinions are void, and how great this expansion is from a 194ilvl toon that has done almost none of the content that you’re saying is so great. lol

1 Like

Why do you think Reddit is some how more meaningful then the official WoW forums? Why do you think Reddit represents a majority view? Like I said you can go to meta critic and SL is now at a 5.5 user score.

It is also weird how you need to be affirmed by your claim that the majority enjoy it w/o anything to back it up. Everyone I know IRL hated it. Everyone I know in game hated it except for 1 person who says it is OK and still plays. I am not going to say “the majority hates it”, I am going to say “I hate it and most everyone I know hates it”. IF you and your circle like it, great. I liked BfA, I like Wod, I am fine if most didn’t.

1 Like

I didn’t just use reddit as the example. I also said Youtube with the main personalities, Twitch, countless articles written all over. Numerous individual forum sites all over the net.

This is the only place where collectively the hatred just perpetuates itself in a big circle jerk.

You are not the majority.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-shadowlands/user-reviews

I never claimed I am. What I said is that your claim is opinion only because you do not know and you only know about your little world. One of use NEEDS affirmation of their views while I do not.

I think he’s trying to gaslight. Seriously why though. People are free to feel how they want to feel about a game. If they don’t like it - so what? They won’t pay for it. Stifling opposing voices isn’t going to magically augment MAUs. Trust me, if there were no forums, people would still be either staying or walking away.

The only reason people put something out here is in the faint hope somebody somewhere at the company registers it and it leads to some positive change.

What are you talking about “my little world”? It’s you who lives in your little world thinking that what yall keep circulating amongst yourselves here is what the majority of the WoW playerbase is feeling…

I literally just read one of the main threads on reddit yesterday warning new players not to come here because of this negative toxic bullcrap yall keep spinning.

If you don’t enjoy the game, then walk away. Plenty of other games. But don’t for one second assume your sentiments are majority shared. They’re not.

I have zero issues with people hating on the game. There are certainly things I wish were different and want changed. But what is not OK is constantly crapping on the game at every turn and then excitedly displaying your “I unsubbed” threads like we’re supposed to care.

It doesn’t foster a healthy community and it certainly doesn’t make it inviting to new players.

I saw this post and, against my better judgments couldn’t stop myself from responding on the off-chance (long shot, I know) that perhaps someone with some clout may do something actionable with it.

Long story short: I’m letting my sub run out. I’ve not made it into some spectacle. In all honesty, it is the consummate Irish goodbye to many people I have played this game with. Perhaps I’m a minority. Perhaps I’m not. But this expansion pack categorically does not “rock.”

For context, I was here at the very beginning. Not the very very beginning mind, but I played on release. I remember coming to these very forums seeking help because my little Gateway desktop couldn’t handle Ironforge. This game had me absolutely enraptured. I loved all of it, and enjoyed it more than I care to admit. Even when I was dying one thousand times in Westfall. I couldn’t say if it was the community, the story, or what, but it truly was a great game. I quit well before the release of Wrath of the Lich King, as I was going off to college and other things took precedence.

I came back, off and on, but never terribly seriously. The game was always more of a guilty pleasure, and however brief my return I always enjoyed the time I spent.

Then I came back for the tail end of Battle for Azeroth. I had finally realized that the game that I was playing had long since died and been replaced with a festooned money racket. There isn’t a conspicuous care for the story anymore, or the classes, or the races, or the base mechanics. Hell, a huge chunk of Highmountain STILL has not been properly squished for leveling purposes. All the bells and whistles of an expansion appear to exist for a singular purpose: to wring out every last consumer dollar they can. I’m not talking just about grinding (I remember well grinding Timbermaw rep years ago. I actually have found memories of my Paladin with a shield spike and redoubt just standing against a horde of enemies,) it seems almost everything in the game is a thinly veiled effort to keep people hooked, rather than genuinely entertained. I partook, and it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I just can’t bare it any longer.

Beyond that, so many people on this game are vicious, and I do mean vicious, even as regards the most mundane things (for instance a general chat discussion on the Kyrians as a covenant from a lore standpoint; the insults I saw casually thrown around were completely disgraceful.) Constant are the polemics, weird venereal discussions, and vituperations, even in the context of small set-backs or trivial complications (Random battlegrounds on Alliance. Oof, you will see a comically ridiculous spiral there in minutes.) And let it be said, I don’t think they themselves are entirely to blame. As I was transitioning back into healing many a person offered the advice that at one point I would be inured to the musings of people in pick-up groups, and I found myself growing resentful and mean spirited. I am sure that if you have been experiencing that environment consistently for a decade, it would make you behave as reprehensibly as I have seen many a person behave.

As to this specific expansion pack, I won’t be entirely negative. There ARE aspects that I found entertaining (and often concurrently mind numbing.) Covenants are at once great and terrible. There is something to work with there, but it is too encumbered by the aforementioned effort to draw things out. The music is, as always, phenomenal. So much of the design and environment is great. Balancing? Abysmal. Meaningful reasons to stick around? Non-existent.

At the end of the day, you are absolutely right. People have a right to quit. Some of us are acting on this. For the first time ever, I can confidently say I will not be returning. Because the Blizzard deleter-thing is obviously designed to try to drag out the process, I went through and deleted characters myself, many going back to the beginning. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, it should scare the pants off of Blizzard that people like me are doing this. I am not some plugged-in super user, but I was the old guard who consistently came back. That’s done. World of Warcraft probably reached the inevitable point where it fully assimilated into general internet culture. It is encumbered by many of the same problems that a LOT of online communities face, but Activision/Blizzard seems content to let those problems fester or multiply.

I won’t be missed, and that’s okay. To those of you that genuinely enjoy the game, that’s great. I only hope that your relationship with it is as healthy as it may be entertaining (those two things do not always go in accompaniment.) While I met many not-so-great characters here, I also saw some who are truly wonderful (for all of the negativity it receives, Moon Guard DOES have a wonderful positive community… just stay away from Goldshire.) Boat loads of people on the Shaman forums shared wonderful advice as I looked to get back into healing with Resto, many offering to roll with me in-game to help out. That was an awesome experience. To all of you who DO act to try to make this game better, well done to all of you. I hope the magic of yesteryear perhaps can be enjoyed again. Just not by me.

2 Likes

What do you mean i see more complaints about this expac then good ones. Also lots of shatposting om forums idk wth you talking about.

If peoplw hate it that is their opinion if they like it then their opinion. Simple as that
Not sure why people get worked up over others opinions

So about that Metacritic link I provided? Only the two of you are trying to claim a majority. Nobody else is. Nobody else needs affirmation.

So you do understand that this is the Blizzard official feedback forum? You do realize people don’t care if you care? You do realize they ARE NOT FOR YOU? Also nobody forces you to read them AND people aren’t writing them for the fun of it.

You seem way too upset about the idea of people not liking the game and posting feed back on why they unsubbed.

Also it is funny seeing your post here and you claiming other people post toxic bull.

1 Like

more subs?
no there isn’t. stop listening to blizzard, they are saying it to get more money… if you actually were around on day 1 of BC for example there were a TON more people online. lol this exp… lol

They did announce how fast SL was selling, plus with lockdown, Blizz had said they had more active subs then previously, but were placing that on covid.

They however have not said anything since SL’s launch, and my friends list witch was full that first week with people on and active… has dwindled quick… now maybe 1-2 people on my FL at anytime, and my guild went from 30 man raid team to 16, and as far as im aware since no one usually knows what im talking about, im the only one who reads the forums all that much.

Not everyone quitting is posting a thread, a vast majority are not, but many people have stated situations similar to mine, witch points to subs getting bled out.

If you and your friends are enjoying the game? Thats great, and i hope you continue to do so, but that doesn’t change Blizz bull headly going forward with many things the community and beta testers warned them about, and many of us are feeling the sting of now.

And pray tell, what did yours?

See, claims like this are exactly why the lot of you have zero credibility.

Yes, what Activision-Blizzard says DOES matter because they can’t make baseless claims on their earnings calls. Furthermore, when the annual reports get filed, they are attested to by the CEO/CFO and these companies go through an independent audit both from a financial and operational perspective.

The management assertions made are FACTUAL and you, some amateur, saying they aren’t, does not make it so.

Done with this thread.

kind of like the “i’m quitting, who’s with me!” threads?

Is this the bait shop? I saw the sign on the subject and want to go fis…hic! drinking…err…fishing…hic!

The last one i saw, had to do with SL’s launch, witch was a high number of users, i don’t think anyone has denied that.

Current however is what we all question.

EDIT: And the current number might be inflated, since it would count people who have the 6 month sub or the like, but are no longer logging in unless i misunderstood how they are reporting it.

That’s not what I was responding to. If you read what the user I responded to was saying, he was being a conspiracy theorist making false claims.

you do realize it become more corporate.
they will lie for money… because… “money”

Or they just silently left because they stopped caring.

1 Like