TL 3, is it reobtainable?

So, I recently had an action against my account for reasons I’m not going to get into; however, due to this infraction, I ended up losing trust level 3. I’ve browsed the forums, google searched, and asked in a ticket from a GM regarding this and was provided a link which did not really help (even though the effort provided by said GM was truly appreciated.) They stated something to the effect of how they (the GM’s) are unable to reinstate it, or something, which I’m not really asking for.

So, now I’m resorting to asking here. I utilized my TL 3 quite a bit in assisting others with links etc, and frankly I put a lot of effort into obtaining it. Whether I agree or disagree with the circumstances behind losing it are irrelevant; however, I’m wondering if/how I may go about getting it once more? Am I better off starting over on an alt and working my way back toward it?

Any relevant information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I’m hoping my stating I received the action against my account is not against the ToS, as I am not truly discussing it - more asking how to re-obtain something I lost because of it.

In the event this is against the TOS, I apologize. Please feel free to remove my thread.

2 Likes

I am curious as well.

I guess there’s no answer? :confused:

It’s only been two hours, and it’s a weekend to boot.

4 Likes

Thanks, but I can see the time stamp. Blues were active during the time I posted this. I wasn’t only shooting for a blue’s response necessarily though either. I was hoping someone else (or anyone for that matter) might have some insight into the issue.

Which is why I provided the follow up response. Hoping anyone could provide some information. Because maybe I missed something somewhere on the internet regarding the topic.

CSF isn’t staffed normally during the weekend, aside from moderation events.

2 Likes

I don’t actually think it is clear what the answer to this is.

From what we can tell, losing trust level 3 isn’t permanent, if something like a suspension happens it functions more like a reset of your qualifications and you should be able to re-earn it over time. But we don’t know this for sure, I don’t think anyone it has happened to has ever verified it.

You should at least be able to earn trust level 3 on a different character.

Additionally, the functionality is still a work in progress. The ability to regain trust levels, and different characters having different trust levels, are both things that could be altered in the future.

5 Likes

I’ve literally searched all different forms of search engines and the blue provided me a link from an individual who had “reverse engineered” how the TL 3 works, but it didn’t discuss anything relating to my initial question.

I’m beginning to think your assessment is accurate in it not actually having a valid answer at this point in time. I appreciate your input. Thank you.

2 Likes

Have you tried reaching out to Discourse directly, or their forums?

I’m not arrogant enough to claim I’ve exhausted all forms of searching, but I’ve tried as many as I’m aware of to try to find the answer.

I’m also not going to lie and pretend I know what you’re referencing either though. Could you send me in the direction of what your talking about with a link? I’d really appreciate it. I’ll be more than happy to reach out to whomever I have to in order to get an answer.

Based on my own searching, I’ve seen several others ask the same thing as me and all I’ve found were dead ends. This might be a solution I’m willing to try.

Discourse is the vendor that has provided Blizzard with the forum software for this current iteration.

My understanding from some things I’ve read recently is that, if the action taken against your account was a suspension, TL3 is not reobtainable. There’s a thread somewhere on the forums that seems to document the new layout pretty thoroughly, I’ll see if I can find it.

If the action doesn’t line up with either of those two bullets, I think it’s at least safe to say that you’re good to try reacquiring it, but I’m not aware of anything being definitively stated by Blizzard.

1 Like

How do you check that?? Ive never heard of this before lol

I was silenced, not banned. I could still read the forums and give hearts etc. I just couldn’t respond or make a thread. Again, I’m not going to go into the details surrounding the silence, but I will say it was my first legitimate action against my account on the forums (or in game) since 2006.

Either way, I’ll do as Teufelgott has said and look up Discourse and see if they have any feedback regarding this.

I appreciate the information though, thank you. I’ll take this into consideration too.

EDIT:

I just reviewed my trust level and it’s saying I’m now at level 2.

So, now I’m even more confused. I was under the impression it knocked you back down to zero or one.

I just got off a 12 hour shift and my brain is mush.

Thank you everyone who has responded. I’ll update this if I find out anything relevant to it.

It should also be noted that Blizzard’s philosophy towards punishments favors education and rehabilitation rather than blacklisting and banishment, except in the case of the more extreme violations, or players who can’t or won’t be educated or rehabilitated. So I find it unlikely that they would permanently remove the chance for redemption.

Ok, so just read through all of this.

First off, I fully understand where you are coming from. TL3 takes a lot of time to earn.

It is my understanding that a forum silence, or suspension of posting rights, removes the abilityto obtain TL3.

This would be account wide. Your account was suspended, not your posting toon. Trying to build it in another toon is still a toon on that account.

All of this said, I do believe it was Vrak that said there were plans in the works, no ETA on forgiveness. As Teufelgott stated, Blizz believes in education and rehabilitation.

The response was in he old version of the forums on the CS forum if you want to go digging.