Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

Once you are geared enough to do Mythic content it is only your choice to keep doing Heroic to keep fishing for Titanforges. You don’t have to if it is a waste of your time. It is all personal choice…

I personally think they should change the bonus rolls. Instead of giving you an extra chance at loot the weekly tokens should give you an extra chance at forging or allow the tokens to function both ways. Extra loot if nothing drops or an extra chance at forging.

its not like the extra loot chance is all that wonderful now when you can still go an entire run with no upgrades. And azerite only goes so far.

1 Like

IRL why do people continuously keep playing the lottery…There must be something in the mind that keeps people on the endless quest to remain having the opportunity for wishful thinking. RNG in game, is basically the same concept .Why is this any harder to understand …

1 Like

This is really not true at all. Many casual mythic guilds encourage you “(encourage)” to run heroic in a pug through the week to inflate your gear. This is only a problem due to the forging system. I cannot tell you how many guild members I saw chastised for not doing it. Across multiple guilds no less. So it’s not a concentrated problem.

Two sides to this issue.

For those that want TF/WF for each piece of gear, this becomes just another attempt by Blizzard to create a grind and stretch out content and subscriptions.

For myself, I don’t care what other gear people get and it’s fun to get TF/WF once in a while.

4 Likes

I would love to spend more time doing things in game. Work and family prevent that. Before BFA it wasn’t a problem because the RNG was controlled to a point. Even though I couldn’t be online 20 to 25 hours a week like I did 10 years ago I could manage 6 hours a week which was 2 raid days and maybe an additional 2 or 3 hours. It worked for me and never felt like I was missing anything. Now it seems like I can’t play the game the way I had played for the past 7 years. Now my way of playing the game is excluded.

Was just about to post this! The whole point of raiding is playing as a team and beating the big bad. At least that’s what it was back when I raided in a guild. Getting gear in MC was a luxury, but nobody expected it. That’s why we ran dungeons all the time on non-raid nights for things like Draconic Deflector for our tanks and the dungeon tier sets

6 Likes

Change your luck?

Go run 10+ keys once or twice a day to fill in those gaps you got unlucky with. You have alternative paths you can use to shore up your weak pieces. The game is no longer raid and die and skilled individuals such as yourself can easily do no brainer content like high mythic+ keys.

Or do mythic raiding so those who aren’t as deserving as you cannot pass you up because that would mean they are deserving for doing the hardest content in the game.

If random people are showing up once in awhile and walking away with better loot than you… it means you’re not doing challenging content.

The zero effort argument comes in because TF/WF is governed by RNG. For instance, I defeat boss A = scenario 1: item drops at its base level, scenario 2: item titan forges through RNG. This is what it’s meant as zero effort. You put the same amount of effort on both scenario but one outcomes is more favorable.

I feel like I truly earn an item when it drops and there is no other chance of that item becoming something else, specially through RNG. The problem with TF/WF is that the item reward always has a chance to upgrade in every content, so that feeling of accomplishment you get when receiving an item is diminished by the fact that there is an external factor governing whether the item you get will be the base or the upgrade version. It takes away agency from the players when doing content.

A full mythic geared raider, I find it impressive, but otherwise, I really don’t pay much attention to others.

The point is, whether you are a normal raider, heroic raider, or mythic raider. It never feels good to get an item because that item is not the full potential that item could be. I don’t agree with people argument that normal raiders are walking around with mythic raiding gear. My argument is much more personal and having to do with my own character and how it does not feel like I have control over the loot I get.

2 Likes

So, basically, w/o titanforging these “casual” mythic guilds would die because they can’t progress w/o over gearing… gotcha…

1 Like

People still ran lower difficulties before forging was even a thing. It is less about the forging system and more about guilds forcing members to get every little advantage they can just because. Even if that advantage isn’t even needed.

4 Likes

Just delete the item if it warforges or titanforges?

5 Likes

Effectively? No. Try convincing the guild leaders and raid leaders that though. Their progression would look about the same with or without the extra runs. They’ll still attempt to strong arm you into running the content anyway. Forging exasperated the whole thing.

I usually have my fair share of negative things to say, but Warforging and Titanforging isn’t one of them. My only gripe would be if it eventually becomes a standard means of gearing (like, all gear drops at a certain ilvl and your only hope for upgrades is a titanforge), but as it stands its a nice treat sometimes. It would be nice if there were more definitive means of securing an upgrade sure, but that’s a more macro problem than -forging

Its about time, and I realize they are changing the game for a different generation of players. I just don’t have the time I used too. That is why I unsubbed last month. As much as I didn’t want to quit I knew the game had passed me by and was not going to be the same again. When you play a game for 14 years and made great friends and relationships through it you hope there will be place for you in it. I know this game is not as inclusive as it used to be it just sucks to know that this is it and a chapter is closing in life.

1 Like

Time. Time is the most valuable resource anyone has, much more than money. We are all on a timer.

I would leave the guild myself. I do what I want when I want. That is how I play the game.

That’s what I actually ended up doing. The endless pressure to run content I didn’t want to was too much.

Despite averaging 80-97% parse rates and having a top item level, they still pushed hard for going for every possible forge to over gear the content as much as possible. I never understood needing to over gear content to make up for mechanical failures to such extremes. It’s exactly why I hate the forging system. It encourages over gearing encounters over just playing better. It fosters the belief in many raid leaders that just getting more gear will make up for bad play.

Wait, wouldn’t being 367 overall from 2 months of doing a raid that drops 370 be pretty standard?

Most of your gear would be 370+ and a few items you still need bringing it down 3 item levels.

That is like an ideal gear scenario.

It sounds like you do a decent amount of raiding, but of all the avenues for gear, how many of them do you do regularly? Like faction assaults, emissaries, conquest capping, warfronts, etc.

If someone is doing all of these avenues for gearing how do you feel your overall gear item level should compare to them?

The chance is technically the same for you to get things compared to others, but I do understand how some people get like the awesome weapon on their first run - I have been seeing this since Molten Core though so it isn’t a new development. If others keep getting items, do you trade with them at all?

10 Likes