Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

Could you post this on your main?

To that end my best piece of gear is my crappy 420 Back piece. It is a titanforged from a +14 that I 1 chested. So you are saying that is overpowered?

Granted it sucks that somebody can get the same thing without doing anything that doesn’t mean they can clear a M+ key above a 5.

Just because you have it doesn’t mean it helps you.

6 Likes

You very well could do just that. You could also push harder content because you might find the challenge in itself enjoyable. Plus (unless I’m mistaken) people doing harder content will be better geared than your average world quest, pet battler type player.

7 Likes

I mean I dunno if it’s worth it. A lot of mythic raiders were asking themselves that last expansion I think. I had a friend who gave up because it wasn’t worth it when you can do anything lower and still get high drops.

3 Likes

If it’s not worth the effort, it’s not worth it. Comes down to the individual and why they play the game. For me gear is the product of playing. Playing the game and doing different things is why I play, things that drop are a byproduct of that. I’m here for the entertainment and enjoyment over what I might get.

Probably why most people cannot see eye to eye on the gear item level debate. It seems a lot of people play the game for high gear item levels and not because they find it entertaining.

edit: To be perfectly clear (well as best I can) I think the titan\warwhatever forging is a good idea. It adds replayability to the game for a lot of people. It gives people struggling with harder content a boost they might need. I see more good than bad. So put forward a good argument in either direction, it’s Blizzard’s call in the end.

17 Likes

I love the Titan Forge system. It rewards you for playing the game. Raiding and M+ are both parts of the game, so is questing and PVP. All avenues reward people for their time, sometimes the reward is amazing, other times it’s not.

10 Likes

There really isnt a good argument against it. Most that try to, usually sound selfish and egotistical. Claiming those that play a different part shouldnt be rewarded with loot that’s an upgrade.

13 Likes

I am in both camps. I like doing content for the entertainment factor, but I like having rewards that come with it. Even Ocarina of Time had things you got along the way that marked your characters progression and made you feel stronger, but the tasks weren’t always easy based on the standards back in the day. So yeah, it baffles me that they have switched to a system where rewards don’t match the difficulty.

As for replayability… not really for me either. I don’t go back and do normal dungeons, or heroic dungeons, or WQs. Rarely an emissary if at all. Haven’t bothered with invasions, and I only do WFs if I have a slot that could be filled or just to kill rares for mounts.

I do normal if the occasion rises, but I avoid LFR like it’s the plague even though there’s a chance I could get upgrades from it.

2 Likes

And the problem is your personal expectations.

Don’t expect WF or TF to happen. it’s like finding a $20 on the street – sweet when it happens, but you don’t focus your life around it.

14 Likes

One time, someone got, like, literally, a really good drop, and I was like, “I literally need that,” and they, like, didn’t give it to me regardless of how much more I totally deserve it. I told my dad, but all he could do was give me $100 and a new iPhone, so I locked myself in my room and posted how hard my life is all over Tumblr for, like, literally five hours straight.

25 Likes

It is like everything in the game that isn’t a certainty.

.1% drop rate for a rare mount/pet/toy
Crit chance on a hit
etc…

For some reason, we are all okay with those things, but forging a piece of armor is different… It is a % chance, just like the rest of the game.

4 Likes

…Nailed it right there.

I disagree. This appears to me, to be entirely a “you” problem.

Peace, out.

13 Likes

But does hurt the people that cannot play hours on end raiding, but still want to progress their character and make them stronger. Which blizz does well. I don’t have to raid to become stronger, just patient. There is nothing wrong with giving people a chance to grow. You just get more chances at gear than us.

3 Likes

I literally shed a tear reading this…

3 Likes

Best way to look at it is how it works without titanforging. Mythic raiding still gives the best gear in the game.
Once you realize that, then realize all gear has the same chance to upgrade.

So knowing that the chances of a heroic item titanforging to a mythic item level is tacked on.

So to get a 425 from mythic is much more likely than doing so from a heroic.

So on average, the statement is still true: the best gear in the game comes from the hardest content always.

However, it’s of course still possible, so now look at that possibility this way.

It WASN’T possible before. Meaning that difficulty was useless to you. Now it’s not. So you have more things to do in the game to increase your characters power level.

But you are upset about other people getting it?
No need to be. They are either your friends or associates and helping you killing things. Them having more gear is good for you.

If they aren’t, then you don’t need to be concerned with some one you don’t interact with. There are also people out there who win the Powerball, while you are working your 9 to 5. But no need to be upset about that because you don’t know them.

So, tldr. Gearing works the same way it always does at a base level. Do the hardest content and get the best gear from it. But if you really want, you can do other content and actually have a chance at getting player power, where you used to have no use for that content.

If some one else gets an item you want, don’t covet. Celebrate their luck if they are your friends, put it out of your mind if you don’t know them.

I think that is the healthiest way to look at this topic, whether you enjoy it or not.

Hope that helps.

40 Likes

I don’t believe you are happy for them because there is ‘no situation’ involved. Your friend won a 1/10000 roll and that will be the only piece of gear he gets that high if he logs on that rarely and plays at that level, and it is eating you alive.

Meanwhile if you are doing content at that level you will be all decked out in that gear in a few months.

I have been doing that ‘welfare’ content every day on 5 characters for months and I have never seen a 425 piece. The most I have seen is 410.

3 Likes

I see you’re posting on an alt so your friends won’t know it’s you that is upset that lesser mortals get gear.

3 Likes

Personally I do enjoy when I get a good Warforge or Titanforge on something. It could easily be on yet another pair of gloves but it keeps me guessing on what will happen next.

I really don’t think much about what gear others have as I never feel like I am out-gearing someone who does higher content and from doing some PvP, they make it quite clear that they can crush me.

96 Likes

Sure. I’ll give you that; however, like a slot machine though, you know you’re spinning the wheel for a prize when you turn in for a loot box, or emmisary reward, or when the boss health gets to 5%… etc.

This is not the same as watching your damage meter, IMO.

1 Like

My Problem with Warforging and titanforging is there is no system in place to allow you to upgrade your gear over time to match the warforge/titanforge.

Like say you have the random chance of getting the WF/TF just like you do today, but you also have a chance from all gear that is ilvl 350+ to drop increasing amounts of currency depending on ilvl(similar to the residuum) that you can then dump into your gear to increase its ilvl by 5 ilvl increments into whatever the max amount is for that tier.

So uldir was what 400? or 395? then season 2 starts and its 425 now right?

But no its just a slot machine rng mess and thats really unfortunate.

5 Likes

Getting a good forge is exciting in the moment, but overall it makes getting gear feel boring.

I remember seeing the unbreakable will drop in hyjal and I was so excited to win it. (this was THE BEST tanking wep pre sunwell). Im pretty sure I had a big grin on my face for months after that. Gear can be exciting, and gear should be exciting. But when all of it is exciting, nothing is exciting.

34 Likes