Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

Exactly! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same is true w/o titanforging once you get your Mythic drop in that slot you will never get an upgrade in that slot again until next tier.

3 Likes

So he needs to not sure his true thoughts on the system just because it doesn’t agree with your viewpoint?

2 Likes

That is the most shallow reason I have ever read on the forums… well, next to… “You fired my favorite GM, I can’t ever play any of your games ever again”. That one is #1.

2 Likes

Because it is RNG not 100% guaranteed. Random is Random.

1 Like

Replacing an item with zero effort? How do you get the item in the first place then if you aren’t doing anything?

In what ways do you personally feel that you truly earned an item? Like what game feature qualifies for this and which don’t?

When you have been playing regularly and you see someone who has a higher item level, let’s just say full Mythic Raid gear, how do you react to that? Do you care?

I am looking through all the posts to try and understand people while also giving my personal thoughts. It does have some back and forth so please try and understand that the entire community doesn’t necessarily agree on the topic.

21 Likes

And that is the overall problem with the game. EVERYTHING is RNG now, when are they going to realize that putting RNG into every facet of the game is not fun. There have been multiple threads about it but seems no one is listening. WoW has never had this much RNG in it. It is not fun and does not inspire me to give 15 dollars a month to a company for a small chance to win an item. This is not a lottery it is supposed to be a game and fun. RNG is not fun when it is at the level it is now.

2 Likes

Umm in gambling, if u lose; you lose something( like money) The WF/TF to “gambling” you compare it to; you lose nothing. Its a dumb comparison.

4 Likes

You may be doing it wrong, my friend. If all you are playing for is a random drop, then you are going to be disappointed and frustrated. The game is so much more than that.

Try getting Uuna, then B’aal, then the Waist of Time! A wonderful secrets quest line that only a very few folks even complete. Try it. You will love it.

Lucid Nightmare and Riddler’s Mind-worm are also very enjoyable.

3 Likes

There need to be some hard limits to the system though, Bornakk. If you created a system where it only went up to the next-level-of-content you could loosen up the chance of it happening while not inflating gear proportionately. This would encourage more guilds to linearly progress through the content and not continue to do normal when they should be focusing on heroic; or mythic rather than still clearing heroic week to week.

It would fully alleviate feeling like you’re leaving something on the table for not doing lower-level content. It would be a system that promotes graduation rather than quantity of play.

2 Likes

It does…

Mythic+ cap can go up to 425 ilvl

But to compensate for that chance the base 10+ loot sits at 400 instead of 415 like mythic raid gear. SO no matter what unless you’re on drjay’s team or one of the other top first key runners that do mythic raiding anyways you will never get their ilvl without running hundreds of 10+ keys a month for a higher chance at rng rolls.

The game still comes down to playing your best for the best rewards. If someone who runs pure mythic+ managed to have the same ilvl as an on farm mythic raider, they would probably be the only one in the world, due to just how insanely lucky they would have to be.

Last tier was much closer though, 385 was the 10+ base reward. Looks like they did a better job making sure mythic raiders have their top spot for gear again with the wider gap and increased mythic+ difficulty this season.

And yet Loot council, Master loot, EGPG, DKP were all forms of lottery. The eligibility is just controlled by the groups loot rules rather then by the games rules. It really is all a perception thing.

1 Like

People are trying to get you to understand but you refuse to listen. If you are an unlucky player like myself what can I do to get the best gear? Why would I want to keep going into a raid when I get no upgrades every week? Before the changes were made to world quest to give 370 ilvl gear I was 367 through 2 months of Uldir. How is that fun? How is fun to see people who play less then you pop in the raid and walk away with titanforged gear and BiS items? It burns you out when you realize you will not get the items who want because you just aren’t luck enough to get them. You have made the gearing system into the power ball lottery and the chance to win are slime and none for some of us.

1 Like

Were you downing bosses and progressing in the raids? Did your groups accomplish the objectives?

Then, you did it! Getting gear is bonus, not the end.

5 Likes

Once you are geared enough to do Mythic content it is only your choice to keep doing Heroic to keep fishing for Titanforges. You don’t have to if it is a waste of your time. It is all personal choice…

I personally think they should change the bonus rolls. Instead of giving you an extra chance at loot the weekly tokens should give you an extra chance at forging or allow the tokens to function both ways. Extra loot if nothing drops or an extra chance at forging.

its not like the extra loot chance is all that wonderful now when you can still go an entire run with no upgrades. And azerite only goes so far.

1 Like

IRL why do people continuously keep playing the lottery…There must be something in the mind that keeps people on the endless quest to remain having the opportunity for wishful thinking. RNG in game, is basically the same concept .Why is this any harder to understand …

1 Like

This is really not true at all. Many casual mythic guilds encourage you “(encourage)” to run heroic in a pug through the week to inflate your gear. This is only a problem due to the forging system. I cannot tell you how many guild members I saw chastised for not doing it. Across multiple guilds no less. So it’s not a concentrated problem.

Two sides to this issue.

For those that want TF/WF for each piece of gear, this becomes just another attempt by Blizzard to create a grind and stretch out content and subscriptions.

For myself, I don’t care what other gear people get and it’s fun to get TF/WF once in a while.

4 Likes

I would love to spend more time doing things in game. Work and family prevent that. Before BFA it wasn’t a problem because the RNG was controlled to a point. Even though I couldn’t be online 20 to 25 hours a week like I did 10 years ago I could manage 6 hours a week which was 2 raid days and maybe an additional 2 or 3 hours. It worked for me and never felt like I was missing anything. Now it seems like I can’t play the game the way I had played for the past 7 years. Now my way of playing the game is excluded.