Titan Training Matrix is useless

Not sure who decided that Titan Training Matrixes were a good idea, but who ever it was hasn’t a clue. They don’t work, they are totally useless. By the time one actually drops, your gear is better than they create.

If you are going to have them in the game, they should be account bound and able to be used by alts. Once the gear is made, they should not be BOP but should be BOE. Makes them totally useless they are. And why would you make the IV drop from a world quest when you can’t even do the world quest with gear superior to what the IV creates.

2 Likes

They’re great if you’re building ilvl. Especially matrix IV. 100 gold or less in mats then guild or public order. Most people… just don’t understand.

Heck, when someone brings a training matrix piece to me, I do it for free. Get strong, bring me sparks…

1 Like

These are fueling my alt army and are far from useless. I make sure each alt has 5 or 6 of the 343 ones (several are offered from WQs at level 64 I think) to upgrade the wrist, boot, chest, neck, ring, and cloak and make the rest of the gear at 343 to hold till 70. Once I’m 70, I get some rank two and three matrix from world quests and upgrade some gear.

At a certain point, they’re not useful, but they’re great for new level 70s. I got this character to 70 last night and got up to 349 earlier today without much effort. It’s a good foundation to start getting better world quest rewards. I had surgery on my hand recently so spamming dungeons as melee can be rough.

This is just one option to get gear, but I like having options. Account bound could be a nice feature. There are lots of ways to fill the gaps currently, too. I have characters with all the professions so I can make work orders for these items for myself which is even nicer.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Still trying to figure out what their point is. Maybe more casual players use them when they juggle a dozen alts? I dunno. When I was working on maxing/mastering Blacksmithing, I basically jumped from 343 to 392 in a single week, nullifying the point of the matrixes pretty quickly - which is probably why no one ever uses them in any non-ironic capacity.

Correct. TTMs are not really intended for mains because of how most people choose to gear them out, with singular focus and dedication. That said, even mains can get occasional use out of them depending on actual gear drops and player choices from crafting. I used a IV for a pair of boots because I could not get boots to drop from anything else for over a month.

Since my main went over 382 ilevel, the highest a IV goes, I haven’t seen a TTM as a quest reward.

My alts though, use TTMs all the time because I play, level, and gear them without the singular focus I spent on my main. If you gear your alts the same way you did your main, you are once again unlikely to get any use out of them.

My second alt broke ilevel 369, and is now only being offered TTM IVs.

My third and fourth alts broke ilevel 356, and are now only being offered TTM IIIs.

Also, TTMs make a great complement to crafted gear requiring Sparks. Your mileage will vary depending on your playstyle, but to other players there remains good value to TTMs.

The only issue I’ve noticed is that even though gear drop rewards will increase in ilevel throughout the 3.5 day WQ duration if you increase from other sources, TTMs will not even if your character crosses the ilevel threshold. A TTM III stays a III even if you go from 355 to 375. The loot algorithm also seems to pay no attention to whether the item slots holding your ilevel down are Trinkets and your second ring slot creating an interesting disconnect between whether the current TTM offerings are actually able to upgrade the items they can affect.

BOA would be nice since it is unlikely people would artificially hold their iLevel down just to allow ‘farming’ of TTMs for their alts.

1 Like

They’re mostly for the first two weeks when everyone is in 300 gear and crafted gear cost an arm and leg.

But ya, 4 months in when everyone has fully leveled mains and crafted gear and mats are really cheap, they don’t have much of a place.

Basically they’re BoE gear tokens. It’s just that the vendor you take them to is a crafter. It would be nice to be able to funnel them to alts. And it would also be nice to funnel BoE gear to alts even though they weren’t in the instance. Which is what that would equate to.