Tired Of the New Expansion Formula

I’m not understanding what you mean, are you saying they should split wow into 3 games?

They’ve kind of already done this. A WoW subscription gets you four different MMOs currently.

2 Likes

It’s not the same. Zones, Dungeons and Raids are the base of an expansion. All the other features are the difference:

• Pandaria: New class and race, The scenarios, chalenge mode, return of the world bosses, Mythic raid birth, new talent system.

• WoD: Garrison, Races update.

• Legion: new class, the artifacts, class halls, mage tower, M+ birth, Zone invasions, world quests birth, megadungeon birth.

• BfA: the Allied races, Warfronts, Island expeditions, Visions of N’Zoth, Azerite powers.

• Shadowlands: Renown birth, Torghast, Covenant powers.

• Dragonflight: new class and race, new talent trees, dragon riding, dragon races, open world events, follower dungeons, Plunderstorm, Pandaria Remix.

• TWW: New Allied race, delves, warband, hero talents and probably more later.

5 Likes

True, but they are all trying too hard to pretend to be the other.

the first 8 years of wow DISAGREE.

1 Like

They’re just copying FFXIV. You don’t actually have to put in effort to make money anymore.

if this is your opinion, i kinda feel like you didn’t actually do the content available in both of these expansions in order to make a comparison.

1 Like

It’s an advertisement, what else would you expect an advertisement to do if it shouldn’t advertise?

1 Like

Everyone should be happy that they showed the roadmap and actually stuck to it, then.

Going forward you can know if you want to stick around or not ahead of time and avoid subscribing when you’re not vibing.

the proper advertisement for a proper expansion pack;

legion announcement trailer or wotlk announcement trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6CWue7voA0

notice the zones were not even 1/4 of the trailer and they were called the broken isles altogether.

Vanilla: 40 zones, 20 dungeons
The Burning Crusade: 15 zones, 16 dungeons
Wrath of the Lich King: 11 zones, 16 dungeons
Cataclysm: 22 zones, 14 dungeons
Mists of Pandaria: 11 zones, 9 dungeons
Warlords of Draenor: 8 zones, 8 dungeons
Legion: 9 zones, 10 dungeons
Battle for Azeroth: 14 zones, 10 dungeons
Shadowlands: 7 zones, 8 dungeons
Dragonflight: 6 zones, 10 dungeons

1 Like

… im very curious what metric for zone you’re using

1 Like

new or significantly changed. You could argue every vanilla zone for cata since all the quests were updated, but some zones didnt get touched so I didnt.

BFA had zuldazar, nazmir, voldun, Tiragarde sound, Drustvar, Stormsong Valley on launch (6), then Mechagon and nazjir (2), then the warfront-ied Arathi and Darkshore (2).

I don’t count the black empire invasions events for Uldum and Valley of Eternal Blossoms but even if you do that’s 12.

DF had Waking Shore, Onharan Plains, Azure Span, Thaldraszus, Forbidden reach (5), then Zaralek, then Emerald Dream, so 7 there

I included Boralus and Dazar’alor because they are so massive. They have entire questlines within themselves and are bigger than some other zones.

But regardless the point still stands even if you count a few more or a few less than I did, the amount of dungeons dropped around MoP (but then could you call Scenarios dungeons? :thinking: )

I think ultimately however that the OP is right, they have this formula and it seems like this is gonna be what they stick with going forward.

1 Like

Guess what that formula works for the team and guarantee more content and faster release cadence for new expansions.

We also used to get two entire story campaigns, one for each faction.

2 Likes

I would love a much, much more medieval-ish feel to WoW again.

2 Likes

Weill have to see if they make things different in midnight and the last titan…

Hopefully they make those zones canonically bigger, updated and better…

Even if it’s probably just gonna be a rehash of said zones, it’s size definitely has to improve to a more modern standard…

Honestly I don’t know about anyone else but I’m more interested for those two expansions then the one we are getting now.

The old devs were way more creative, this includes the old artists as well. Modern WoW feels like a milk toast Disney adventure now.

4 Likes