Tired of the boosting scene in PvP

The amount of people who sell boost is vastly more than the people who buy boost. Not to mention most of the people selling boost in lfg are just botters using new accounts trying to sell for actual money instead of gold so they get banned faster.

Again boosting happens. It will always happen since it’s not currently a bannable offense but that doesn’t mean it’s as common as you think it is. You could literally check pvp everyone you que into for the next week and more than likely only 4 are boosters. You guy’s just scream booster at anyone who beats you or ques with friends.

For a while people have been conflating boosting with “carries”. I swear we need a stickied post with definitions or something to keep everyone on the same page.

• Boosting = paying (via gold, RMT, etc.) to improve your rating in pvp or pve

• Carrying = using more geared and/or more skilled characters to carry the lessr geared/skilled one(s) to higher ratings (usually done between friends, guildies, etc. for no fee)

The former is a plague and anything to stamp is out is welcome (such as banning actual boosting communities).

The latter happens in every online game and from a gear/ilvl pov there’s very little to do about it short of setting an ilvl template in pvp (uh oh I said that 4-letter word!). WoD gearing and removal of multi-layered borrowed power systems would go a long way to fixing things, but you’ll still have some ilvl gap, though greatly reduced, and good old fashioned skill / meta comp to contend with.

One can dream I suppose…

they are not dumb. when it comes to carrys at higher ratings they fake lfg invites and ingame conversations.
with the tools blizz has its basically impossible to disprove that the boosters just wanted to q and help lower rated people for fun.

the boosters just use ghost accounts they dont care if it gets banned. until they find out the real boosters and get quicker at bans then they can regear it just wont go away