Tired of the boosting scene in PvP

Yea it’s not so bad now with the gear gap not as big too. I’ve played against more boosters in 3s than 2s but the 2s matches against a booster are much easier than 3s with two boosters on the other team. They seem few and far between anymore though. Rat leagues are fun again lol.

I feel like if there were no boosters there would be 90% less queues over 2400 mmr though

Boosting is an overblown issue. It does happen, but not to the degree you guys who constantly complain about it think it does. I promise you the majority of “boosters” are people queing with friends on alts.

1 Like

Always fun running into a certain ww or spriest with like 10-20k games played and wondering how they can get away with being so overt about it

3 Likes

What blue post? I’m trying to find it. I don’t pvp at all, but just curious on the blue post. =)

OH NO! I just realized what DN means! D:

This is the original blue post, theres been a few clarification followups:

1 Like

Oh I know on that one. Thank you for linking that though I appreciate the thought and time of looking that up and posting it.

I saw the DN and remembered one of his other posts… he is being clever lol

Lol he almost got me.

1 Like

um idk people always say this but ive q’d every day this season especially around 2.4k, literally thousands of games, and i run into at least one of the 10-20 blazingboost workers that are blatantly doing it. I report them everytime and nothing happens. Meanwhile I report someone in my rbg for botting and they get banned the next day. Blizz is literally ignoring banning RMTers.

1 Like

I think that the difference here is that one actually takes place in-game, whereas the other they need to kind of go off a bunch of stuff like

Sharing third party link/disc
Not in contact with them prior
Playing exactly to a goal then immediately stopping
Having zero contact after that point until the next season
No in-game chat or gold exchanged

Which I don’t imagine are as conclusive

yeah youre right I’m hoping they are just gathering tons of evidence and such and will issue ban waves at season end/during the downtime.

Cause theyve been doing tbc bans at the end of seasons so one can hope. Absolutely no reason Leo/caccie should be running around a free men

The problem with boosting isn’t the boosters themselves; rather, it’s the fact that we’ve got a pay-to-win system in place, affecting a competitive aspect of the game. People can literally swipe a CC, buy their gold from Papa Blizzard and spend it on a PVP carry. That should not be happening.

It’s one thing if people actually earned their gold in-game and buy a carry. That’s no biggie. That’s been a thing since forever. If they earned the gold by playing the game, and they want to waste it all on pixels that’ll be irrelevant in a few months, that’s entirely up to them. The problem is the fact that gold can be purchased with RL money; basically, people can buy anything now with little to no effort outside of swiping a CC. That destroys the integrity of the game. The titles are meaningless, the rating is meaningless, the transmog is meaningless, the mounts are meaningless, etc. I mean, if this is ok by the community, then Blizzard might as well just offer a “Glad boost” token in the online store!

1 Like

1000s of arena games this season across my toons and i can honestly say boosters were the cause of me losing maybe 3% of the time

1 Like

this is the most fried post I’ve ever seen

do low rated players genuinely think every game is a boost? how do you not recognize how delusional that is

the ONLY places you’re actually going to see boosts is like 1600-2100 in 2v2 OCCASIONALLY with it being like 10x more likely that you’re just qing into a good player on a new alt playing with a geared friend

I’ve played prob 5,000 games this season and I think less than 50 of those games were against “boosters” doing boosts
and maybe 20 of those games were higher than 2200 glad win self plays

I promise if you aren’t specifically at 1800 in 2v2 you aren’t constantly encountering boosts

1 Like

One day. One day. But today is not that day.

I guess every third word in chat being about “boosting and gold only” is cause it’s not that big a deal. Right >?

Trust me, if I have to download a buddy spam addon because all i see are players selling boosts, It’s a problem.

1 Like

seeing the spam doesn’t mean you’re seeing constant boosts

for every 12 hours they spam they could find one person even willing to pay them

The amount of people who sell boost is vastly more than the people who buy boost. Not to mention most of the people selling boost in lfg are just botters using new accounts trying to sell for actual money instead of gold so they get banned faster.

Again boosting happens. It will always happen since it’s not currently a bannable offense but that doesn’t mean it’s as common as you think it is. You could literally check pvp everyone you que into for the next week and more than likely only 4 are boosters. You guy’s just scream booster at anyone who beats you or ques with friends.

For a while people have been conflating boosting with “carries”. I swear we need a stickied post with definitions or something to keep everyone on the same page.

• Boosting = paying (via gold, RMT, etc.) to improve your rating in pvp or pve

• Carrying = using more geared and/or more skilled characters to carry the lessr geared/skilled one(s) to higher ratings (usually done between friends, guildies, etc. for no fee)

The former is a plague and anything to stamp is out is welcome (such as banning actual boosting communities).

The latter happens in every online game and from a gear/ilvl pov there’s very little to do about it short of setting an ilvl template in pvp (uh oh I said that 4-letter word!). WoD gearing and removal of multi-layered borrowed power systems would go a long way to fixing things, but you’ll still have some ilvl gap, though greatly reduced, and good old fashioned skill / meta comp to contend with.

One can dream I suppose…

they are not dumb. when it comes to carrys at higher ratings they fake lfg invites and ingame conversations.
with the tools blizz has its basically impossible to disprove that the boosters just wanted to q and help lower rated people for fun.

the boosters just use ghost accounts they dont care if it gets banned. until they find out the real boosters and get quicker at bans then they can regear it just wont go away