Tired of Ninja/No Notice given nerfs to Hunter/Armor reduction and loss of boon to pets

I don’t know why, but I pictured Captain Kirk saying this post with dramatic pauses between each word.

2 Likes

More nerfs will be coming. Before phase 2, we will be up to a total of 15 hunter nerfs since launch. Totalling to at least 50 nerfs by end of SoD.

If they were all good decisions I could sit through 1000 nerfs to any class, and another thing nerfs before launch do not count as nerfs btw (they told you these were experimental)

Chimera was probably the equivalent of an instant cast aimed shot before the nerf because it ignored armor, AND it procced serpent dmg, the change was warranted and I’m enjoying it on my hunter.

Stealth nerfs are bad and everything should be transparent, justified hunter nerf or no.

That was the point of the nerf

I seriously doubt that, I have played many hunters. You are not going to be stacking druid leather for “soloing”, tell me otherwise but this is nuts. Are you tanking world bosses?

I’m open to hearing about it, but honestly you just stack agility for soloing and raiding, and then you stack agility/stam for pvp.

my mage has almost a full set of pvp/pve gear each
same for priest, more if I choose to go shadow
and shaman
and hunter
shaman also has enhance set which will branch into dps/tank as it improves, also elemental gear.

If something gets 50 nerfs, and it’s still broken/dumb, chances are they needed the original nerfs.

3 Likes

We are at 14 confirmed nerfs already for hunter. This is just incompetency, hunter isn’t even represented more than 3% of top 100 dps.

Hot off the presses:

Are we sure this was a stealth nerf or something unintended that they’ll hotfix tomorrow? Pets receiving the boon was not breaking PvE in any capacity. PvP is where everything is blown out of proportion, but once the pet or player die, the boon is lost so it’s not that big of a deal there.

Read above. Blizzard made a bluepost for the 14th time nerfing hunters… ONCE AGAIN LOL.

A class that is bottom tier dps.

Im sorry your Cat/ Wind serpent Class was nerfed…You might actually need to learn how to press your keys now

4 Likes

We don’t have any keys to press. Unlike Paladins we didn’t get three extra buttons to use. We didn’t even get one.

5 Likes

Not true, they gave us 2 extra buttons, and nerfed them both, lol.

They haven’t updated their title so I didn’t check the thread. Rip.

Yeah we had those for one day. How does that count?

i assume the dev gets ganked in ashenvale 1v3 then goes to work the next day and nerfs hunter.

no time to give notice when you’re nerfing hunter based off pure emotion at this point :couch_and_lamp:

1 Like

At this point with the amount of Hunter nerfs, I’m more inclined to think this has something to do with Warlocks.

I say that wearing rose-tinted lenses.

1 Like

who was asking for this nerf, so random. whoever did the coding for how the chronoboon interacted with pet wbuffs was really impressive it seems like something that would easily not work at all but they got it working seamlessly. what a waste

2 Likes

People were complaining about hunter pet damage in WSG not being mitigated by 25% like everyone else’s damage. So they nerf their pve damage which isn’t even that high unless you melee weave which is not a preferred playstyle, just a sweaty obligation.

The move speed on my pet was great, and the hit chance for wind serpent was also great. If they kept that and lost the straight damage increases aspects that’d be cool. I understand more hit % = more damage, but it’s a spell I’ve seen resisted. Part of the class fantasy is having your own tank and the challenge to push the limits on what you and your pet can do together, the boon actually contributed to that.

Bestial Swiftness talent does the same in wsg/ashenvale :wink:
(bliz pls dont nerf)

Good.

They need to keep doing it, because we’re nowhere close to achieving balance.

When Hunters no longer nearly outnumber Warriors and Paladins combined, we can think about slowing down on the nerfs.

Until then, I hope they make all the hunter cry babies rage every patch.

1 Like