Tiragarde Sound on Kirin Tor dreadfully laggy

The whole zone on realm Kirin Tor is painfully lagged. The entire general chat was having the same issues and it seemed to be relegated to that place - I left to Stormwind and it’s fine and someone else in the chat said Drustvar was fine also.

2 Likes

On Steamwheedle Cartel it’s happening too. Pings in the 50s like normal for Home and World, my internet speeds are 50/10 like normal. Any other continent there is no lag. Just in Tiragarde Sound! It takes about 3-5 seconds to get on a mount. Just trying to exit the game took more than 10 seconds.

Just like Kerii said, on Steamwheedle Cartel the lag in Tiragarde Sound is awful! I am questing on my alt in MoP and everything is fine. It’s just happening there. Mounting, spell casting, and even exiting the game there is noticeable 3 to 5 second lag. I think Kirin Tor is in our realm group.

1 Like

Yup! Our whole guild is having issues and people in general chat are complaining too. I have multiple ISPs I’ve tried too. It’s happening on my Fiber connection from SECOM, my cable internet from Rise, and my hotspot from T-Mobile all the same.

1 Like

Hey all,

Thanks for the reports! I went ahead and verified the issue in-game in Tiragarde Sound on both Kirin Tor and Steamwheedle Cartel realms. It does seem like the server that zone is hosted on may be having some issues. I’ve sent a report up internally about this so it can be checked out.

As a note when this happens, if you want to work around it and avoid the problem try turning on War Mode and then return to the zone. We’ve seen that show improvements. That way you can still play while the issue is being worked on.

2 Likes

Thank you Jambrix! As of today the lag is still there. Turning on War Mode didn’t help for anyone in the guild. The lag is still present today.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that as well Kerii. War Mode didn’t work for me either.

I used war mode last night and it made a big difference. I switched it off today and am having the same lag issues. I notice that it’s not just in Tiragarde Sound but is also happening in Boralus Harbor.