Tiragarde Keep Project (Classic)

Tiragarde Keep Project

What It Is:
A low-level RP-PvP experience. Man the fortifications of Tiragarde Keep in Durotar with Level 6 Alliance alts, providing a fun and immersive experience in the Horde starting zone.

How It Works:
Characters are capped at Level 6 to provide a fair challenge to the Horde in the starting zone. You are issued standard uniforms and summoned to Tiragarde Keep in Durotar. Protect the grounds just like the Kul Tiras Sailor and Marine NPCs do. Participants are required to stay in-character in this survival mini-game where we do battle against the Horde and collect the meager resources of Durotar to make potions, ammunition, armor, etc.

FAQ:

Q: WTF?
A: We did it for years between Vanilla thru Wrath of the Lich King and it provided many fun memories for both KTM and our Horde enemies on the Maelstrom server. One group of troll RPers even made their own set of Level 6 alts to come fight us. It was fun!

Q: Lol
A: Don’t laugh, 4-button RP-PvP is serious business.

Q: Why only Level 6?
A: The Kul Tiran NPCs are Level 5 and 6, and so are the Horde players who come to kill them. We want to provide a fun and challenging experience not only for ourselves but for the Horde who we encounter. If they come in and just get one-shot, that’s not a challenge nor is it fun for anyone.

Q: Won’t you just get camped?
A: It usually takes a while for the Level 60s to show up, and when they do we just switch back to our mains. It is meant to be a side-game, so to speak.

Q: Do I have to lock my XP?
A: No, but if you accidentally level up to 7 you will have to create a new character and get re-summoned out to Tiragarde Keep. This only takes about half an hour, but it’s not something you want to do over and over. For this reason, we recommend those who are not Level locked to not stray far from Tiragarde Keep, because you may eventually level up just from exploring the surrounding area. You can also ask to get summoned at Level 5 instead, and then proceed to explore the surrounding areas and use that exploration XP to get to Level 6, at which point you can hearth back to Goldshire, buy any new ability ranks, and get summoned back to Tiragarde Keep.

Q: Who can sign up?
A: It’ll be freely available to members of Kul Tiras Marines and we will accept members from allied guilds who agree to abide by the rules of the project.

Q: When can I sign up?
About a week after launch day. We have to get a guild charter up first then get a couple level 20 Warlocks out there to facilitate summoning the Level 6’s out to Durotar. It’s a huge PITA to get a Level 6 out to Tiragarde Keep otherwise.

Q: But I’m gonna play Horde :frowning:
A: Please make a Level 6 alt of your own, station him at Razor Hill and come fight us then!

Classes Available:

Allowed Races: Human, Dwarf, Gnome. No Night Elves.
Classes Allowed: Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Mage, Hunter. No Druids or Warlocks.

About Tiragarde Keep (excerpt from the RPG)

Tiragarde Keep is the only Alliance outpost in Durotar. These soldiers loyal to Admiral Daelin Proudmoore, father of Jaina Proudmoore, man Tiragarde (much like Northwatch Hold in the Barrens). Since Daelin’s death, they have continued their crusade against the Horde. While Jaina does not approve of their actions, the majority of the Alliance accepts the dangerous philosophy of these troops. Although there are some who view them as being almost as fanatical and stupid as the Scarlet Crusade.

http s://wow.gamepedia.com/Tiragarde_Keep

More information on Kul Tiras Marines at our forum link, including information on our website and Discord.

8 Likes

Omg this is awesome can’t wait! Any idea if they have lists of server names? I’m guessing most of ED is gona try to stick together

1 Like

Yes there’s a Discord for ED players wanting to play Classic. The link is in one of the threads around here…

No server names yet but Blizzard stated in a blue post that they’re going to be releasing a list of server names & types soon.

They will allow players to reserve their names on the respective servers on Monday 8/13.

https://discord.gg/sBJNFAQ

This is the discord that seems to be drawing in a lot of people that want to find a PVP server and make it RP-PVP.

Hope to see you there!

Are you doing this at launch or later on?

Not at launch day, we have to get a guild charter up first then get a couple level 20 Warlocks out there to facilitate summoning the Level 6’s out to Durotar. It’s a huge PITA to get a Level 6 out to Tiragarde Keep without some kind of assistance.

I would expect it’ll be about a week after launch day.

I’ll add your question to the FAQ, thank you!

2 Likes

Im in Captain!

2 Likes

Interesting idea. Maybe join it on an alt.

1 Like

Those who might be interested in making an Alt for this, remember to pick up professions too!

These are the resources that can be found in Durotar:

Linen Cloth
Peacebloom
Silverleaf
Earthroot
Ruined Leather Scraps
Light Leather
Copper Ore

Hunters should pick up Mining/Engineering so you can make ammo.

Fishing/Cooking are also handy given our proximity to the sea.

Approach this as a survival mini game. You’re part of a small force far from home and deep behind enemy lines - we need to utilize the terrain as best we can and help each other out to survive in the harsh Durotar terrain.

Abilities at Level 6:

Warrior: Battle Stance, Battle Shout, Heroic Strike, Rend, Thunder Clap, Charge, Pummel.

Paladin: Holy Light, Seal of Righteousness, Devotion Aura, Divine Protection, Blessing of Might, Judgment, Seal of the Crusader.

Rogue: Stealth, Eviscerate, Sinister Strike, Backstab, Gouge, Pick Pocket, Pick Lock.

Priest: Power Word: Fortitute, Smite, Lesser Heal, Shadow Word: Pain, Power Word: Shield

Mage: Arcane Intellect, Conjure Water, Conjure Food, Fireball, Fireblast, Frost Armor, Frostbolt.

Hunter: Aspect of the Monkey, Raptor Strike, Track Beasts, Serpent Sting, Arcane Shot, Hunter’s Mark, Aimed Shot.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie this is cool as hell.

1 Like

Count me in. I’ll likely roll a human rogue.

1 Like

The FAQ has been updated as I’ve been getting some questions/comments in Discord.