Tips or planning for 1k pet achievement?

I have 605 unique pets and want to start going for the 1k achievement pet. Was wondering if there is a good way to plan how to start acquiring a good amount of pets. I have alot of my collection just looking and buying the cheapest listed on the AH till they get up to a few k. I suppose the easiest way would be wild pet hunting, but don’t even know where to start or if there is a good plan to follow. How did you guys/girls that have that many pets go about getting them? Any high population areas with a good amount of pets to capture? Thanks.

1 Like

Take a look at the Wild Pets By Zone page on WarcraftPets, maybe it’ll help.

I went zone by zone, continent by continent, capturing wild pets that I didn’t have.

7 Likes

Figured this might’ve been the most common strategy. I figured I could jist get the areas with the highest number of pets 1st to bulk up quicker.

1. Definitely check the AH frequently as you mentioned. I usually look for anything under a certain threshold in the unlearned filter.
  2. Capture bad quality ones just for the achievement. You can always come back and find better ones or use upgrade stones.
  3. If you have any pet currency to spend, make sure you prioritize purchasing the ones that cost fewer charms first.
  4. For wild pets, the PetTracker addon will tell you how many pets you still need from a zone and I believe it also shows the spawn locations on a map if you choose, but I turn it off because it’s a little overwhelming.
  5. Many of the pet battle achievements also give pets as rewards, so getting more pets will get you more pets in the long run haha. Some of those achievements will be a bit slower to obtain than capturing wild pets, though.
  6. Try not to stress about it or let the achievement consume your enjoyment. :slight_smile: I’m at 969 pets at the moment and do so many other things in the game, so it’s not my main focus, but it has been going up organically from doing other things!
7 Likes

Don’t miss out on the Qiraji Guardling. That only appears during Summer around the AQ entrance in Silithus. Also the Midsummer holiday has four pets. Looks like you got the Frigid Frostling already that drops from Ahune, the other 3 can be bought with blossoms, or off the AH later.

4 Likes

Hi. Something I did was inspect the various Achieves for pet collecting.
The achieves state an area or expac, and have a list of the various pets required, showing what pets I had, and what pets I still needed.
As I caught (or bought) a listed pet, the list would update, an easy way to keep track of my progress.
Using an Achieves list for my pet collecting had several benefits. I earned Achievement points and rewards. I added many, many pets to my Stable. I got to see ALL of Azeroth, seeing things I otherwise would have missed.
Last thing, it was at my pace, it was fun, not a grind. A little pressure, sneaking into Horde strongholds… totally worth it though, I really was there just for the pets!

2 Likes

I didn’t know about the pets by zone page on warcraft pets so I was using Trapping Round the World guide on wowhead as I did the Eastern Kingdoms Safari achievement.

As for buying pets off the Auction House, use the Magpie tool on wow-petguide. Enter your identifying information, region, character name/server and it will generate a list of the pets for sale that you don’t yet own (among other options). At this point, I have all the pets that are for sale for less than 1000g and am slowly working my way through the pets in the 1000 to 2000g range.

I’d link them but it appears I’m not allowed.

1 Like

Thanks - I didn’t know about the magpie tool. Picked up around 20 for pretty cheap…

:grinning: I really AM smiling. I’ve bought a few pets, at times it has been easier to throw money at a pet, rather than the time it would take to get a drop. I’m not lucky with pet drops, but am lucky with mount drops. And if I had the option, I’d trade my mount drop to a Battle-pet every time… maybe… probably.
Anyway, chasing pet drops can be time consuming. Buying a pet, does that establish a price for time?
No, It just means you have enough gold to meet the sellers price.
The most I’ve ever paid for a pet was 80,000 gold for a Knock-off Blingtron. A steal… On the AH too.

2 Likes