Tips for shield drop?

Stuck at 462 ilvl. Had my shield drop when I was probably 430s. Ran idk, 40 mythic and keys combined and nothing. Am I doing something wrong here? I am farming ONLY the mythics that drop a shield.

Is there better chances in raids? Or will I just be stuck with this shield for the next 6 months?

Or do I need to buy one off the AH to proc a drop? Really getting discouraged here. Feels like I should just shelf my pally and work on something else.

You’re not more likely to get from raid as there’s only 1 in the raid. If you try to get one like you are you eventually will; it’s not gonna take 6 months.
If it’s urgent like you’re trialing for a guild now or working on a hard boss and have the spare gold you can buy a boe, but otherwise just keep at it.

is your loot spec set to protection? I have to ask :stuck_out_tongue:

Just keep grinding and one will drop eventually. I got lucky and got a 445 from an emissary that awarded equipment.

(or holy)

Yes, that is true thank you.

I’ve had the shield in Freehold drop several times for me. Twice, just this week. The last one was like 450 when I was doing it at +5, I think…

The big one that looks like a door off the hinges. Siege Shield or something.

I know Rng is Rng but maybe try there.

Or the AH.

If you haven’t capped on conquest points this season first Cap will give you an option of a 440 or 445 weapon or shield

2 Likes

Biggest tricks. Push the mythics that run have the piece you want. With other people who can wear it (usually guildies).

Use extra roll on those bosses or mythics.

Make sure your weekly mythic chest, comes from a mythic that has the piece you need.

Use the weekly events for dungeons from the turtles.

Dailies have a chance to drop random caches that can even upgrade. 445-460 .

Push conquest caps in pvp, they can also drop shields, weaps

Don’t give up