Tips for healing M+?

This is an utterly meaningless statement- for a bunch of reasons.

My point was twofold:

1. It’s harder to justify calling a spec “a mess” when said spec is, as a matter of fact, completing the highest key levels
  2. Spec doesn’t matter at all in the key levels the OP is talking about, so even if Holy was quantifiably “a mess,” the key level is waaaay too low for “play prot or reroll” to be any kind of reasonable advice.

Now, sure: calling HPals “a mess” is subjective- you’re entitled to your own opinions- but it’s also really unhelpful to the OP who is just trying to improve.

In a traditional build, I would agree. However, if you run with BoV because it’s Bursting, or because PuG DPS require unpredictable and high amounts of healing sometimes, or because tanks usually get super beefy in the last patch, then the transfer from the 2-piece if you can hit the tank and one melee is just stupidly high. 4-piece isn’t so much awkward…more just low value in M+

2 Likes

Enough, your argument is dishonest and I dont care anymore.

This means absolutely nothing and holds no weight in trying to prove or disprove anything.

This statistic is relevant because it is an objective example of Holy Paladins being represented in the highest keys. If they were not viable or “a mess” there wouldn’t be 1/5 of them in the top 40. Especially due to the known fact that the highest key pushers reroll to play a more advantageous class.

Wow this is getting very dramatic. OP if you need some help getting your bearings, add me and I’ll tank for you.

1 Like

Ya thats fascinating

Sounds like a bad group, it’s almost impossible to keep a bad group up when your new to the spec , but with experience it should get easier.

1 big tip, tell your group to stack up in front of you so you can use your cone heal that uses HP. That should be your main heal, if you’re spamming flash to keep everyone up you’re going to run out of mana and that’s a big sign of a bad group. when I heal good groups its my DPS that shows through, usually 2.5-3k dps and 3k hps is good enough to heal a 10 with a good group.

1 Like

I’m realizing it may have been mostly the tank/groups skill level, though I definitely can improve in my end. My wings frequency was very low leading to first boss, for example.

Being new to mythic (only starting from April 2022), I’ve recently run mythic with my shaman and druid this week (druid was easiest for me, but given affixes it makes sense i think). Just to see a difference.

But I realized, after running up to +10 on those classes, that this week’s affixes terrify me to run with my paladin! I’ll give it a go tonight, but bursting on a potentially bad group, along with the previous weeks bad experience, definitely make me hesitate from trying!

I enjoy healing on H. Paladin so I’m determined to learn and push past bad experiences and improve my own skill. Great (though a couple wierd) feedback posts, thank you.

Another thing not mentioned, is covenant choice. I think the 2 best are Venth and Kryian.
Venth gives you a CD to throw down some big heals while Kryian’s divine toll is a sweet 1 minute oh SH*T button.

1 Like

I’ve been using Necro for the on-demand holy power and how it compliments the tier set forcing light of dawn. Seems to naturally work with Maraads lego.

I remember using Kyrian early in the expansion and loving its simplicity and burst. It’s interaction with shock barrier is nice for some small shields.

Admittedly, I avoided Venthyr because of the long cool down and finding easier muscle memory with the above two covenants in rotation than off-setting every 4m

sanguine depths is one of the hardest dungeons for a hpal also. on tyrannical week it can be a pain if your group isnt playing the fights close to perfect.

1 Like