Tinker/Machinespeaker Class (MEGATHREAD) - Now is the time!

It’s Blizzard’s fault that I got hyped for Tinkers tbh, I never cared until I met these 3 in an island expedition:
Gazlowe
Skaggit
Lady Sena

5 Likes

Thank you! :saluting_face::sparkling_heart: Much appreciated!!

Sure! :arrow_down: Here’s a write up I did on how I’d personally design the class, though there are many other great ideas from other people here too.

If you’re short for time, I also included this in that class write-up;

(But I also go into detail how the Tank spec would wield 1-handers + shields for when they’re outside of their exo-suits). I also think they’d likely roll on Intellect Plate too, as thematically this is a class that is metal-proficient while also being on the smarter end of the IQ scale.

Cosmetically, there are also many plate (and cosmetic) sets that are heavily themed off of forge/gears/machine imagery. Small few that come to mind would be:

• Iron Horde Plate Transmog set (from Garrison Bunker/War Mill)
  • Mythic Blackrock Foundry Warrior set lookalike (Buzzsaw shoulders, flames)
  • The newest Recruit-A-Friend Helm, Fist Weapon, Backpiece (Goblin tinker-themed)
  • Gnome, Goblin, Mechagnome Heritage sets
  • Uldir Plate set
  • Amirdrassil Plate set lookalike (heavily reinforced metals, chains, flames and smoke)

There are also a ton of guns & one-handed weapons (and more) that match the Titan technology/Mortal technology themes across Ulduar, Uldir, Isle of Mechagon/Dungeon, Trial of the Crusader, Gnomeregan, profession weapons, etc.

2 Likes

Also doesn’t have to be a Plate class.

At least with the direction I have crafted with my ideas and angle I would take it, it could fit just about any armor type.

But if I had to pick just 1… I would think Mail would be best. Even though we just got another mail armor type in Drakthyr, I still think it would fit best because outside of the Mech Suit theme and it obviously being a heavy metal substance, I think the Tinker needs to be a bit mobile.

I think of a ranged Tinker spec to be running around and shooting and plate and mobility just doesn’t make much sense.

I also think the healer to be having a lab coat and pulling out all kinds of tech science and vials and beakers and that sort of stuff from inside his clothes.

Honestly, I think of Cad Bane a lot from Starwars as being my inspiration for a tech savy Bounty Hunter with kinds of tricks and tools to play dirty and get the job done as my Vision for my Technican and Chemist crafted specializations and he wears a trench coat with some tech and light armor all around him.

He had rockets in/on his boots to fly around, laser pistols, grapple, lightning shocking attacks, explosives and even had a robot that assists him flying around lol.

Then that same light armor type person just jumps inside a mech for tanking and as such, doesn’t need to be armored himself that much.

Also it could be an opportunity to add a clothie class that can actually Tank… is designed to tank.

That would mean that for the ranged and melee specs, the Tinker is VERY reliant on his tech and gadgets to be both his defensive and offensive utility and controls the targets and plays keep away.

Can just straight up have tech that slows incoming damage directly or attacks themselves and use other tech to recover from those attacks or reduce the damage altogether through tech.

So instead of cladding yourself in armor, you are more free flowing and you let your tech and inventions do the heavy lifting to assist you and your playstyle and role.

Yea so after chewing on that a bit… I would think having a cloth class that is not a caster/Magic based and can tank is definitely possible and adds a bit that just doesn’t exist in the game at all.

1 Like

I encourage you to read the entire post, instead of one line and going “HAH GOTCHA”.

Let me help.

It’s important to read the entire post before trying to “UHM WHELL ACHKTUCHUALLY” someone.

2 Likes

Or in other words, I have lost my personal headcanon argument so supremely badly with the various posts proving it is incorrect, that I need to try to move the goal posts again to saying the equivalent of ‘show me a monk player class in wow before the monk player class is added to wow’ to show how absurd my stance is.

6 Likes

the same GARBAGE… and over and over again, it’s as if he’s saying that rogues are skinners, Warriors are blacksmiths, and mages are enchantings.

But it is far from being a totally forgotten profession just to grind and abuse the use of AH of others professions that make armor or gears.

The Tinker would be the key to a magi tech class seen in Mechagon and Ulduar, something very special between a wizard engineer, hunter, a driver who uses a vehicle such as the guardian druid transformation or DH Vengeance, and an alchemist healer with uses of potions, healing bullets and heal pods as shaman or monk

A while ago in a recent post what would be a four or 3 specs depending on how Blizzard develops a version of the very futuristic tinker seen in Auchidon Dranei technologies, your arcane golems and technology of the Belfs, the engineering of the gnomes and dwarves, alchemy and science advanced of the goblins, and the most futuristic science seen from the titans in Uld structures such as Ulduar and Uldim.

All that simplified in a new tinker like your specs.

• RDPS caster spec - GEAS or Sage: you would use weapons to improve them and use them as magical attack weapons, you would launch drones with lasers and send powerful meta lasers via satellite, it is very similar to the one seen in Final Fantasy XIV’s Sage but more futuristic, somewhat more set to the JRPG with high-tech content.

• RDPS hunter spec - Sapper: they would use mines, TNT’s, bombs, drones something similar to Rapture Bioshock that would launch lasers, rockets and machine guns shots, I would prepare better traps than the Survival hunter and I would use only mechanical pets to attack, it would be a variant from Survival hunter, only it would be more technological.

• Tank Spec - Mech Rider: they would use backpack robots like Gazlowe in HotS or drive powerful robots, reavers, golems and Lightforged Warframe like D.va in OW, depending on which race the use varies how his robot would look, he would launch missiles, defense shield, and AoE attacks, it would be a variation between DH vengeance or the Druid Guardian but in the tinker style.

• Healer support spec - Medic engineer: they would use the power of alchemy to launch healing potions, some increase the power of the raid or group, he would use healing drones, his weapons would be guns that shoot healing bullets, he would launch pods that heal a large number of players, in pvp I would throw blinding and smoke bombs to avoid damage and the range vision for the RDPS would be between a shaman healer, the Monk, with the support of the Evoker Augmentation, would be a healer support since they gave that new class focus in DF.

In short, there is much more to give to this class, far from a forgotten Blizzard profession, but a very different class that will change the vision that Azeroth needs, and already existed through other areas, dungeons, Raids and the same lore that changed the medieval aspect with something more futuristic like being a good fantasy RPG, not another Game of Thrones where we see a Boy King crying for what everything has suffered yeah… like your father life are nothing.

4 Likes

Oh I read it and it wasn’t a gotcha. You asked, I linked.

High Tinker Mekkatorque (In WoW and his class is literally in his title)
Look at his abilities. None of them are in Engineering. So yeah, make a class with his abilities, call it Tinker/Tinkerer and you’re good to go!

7 Likes

stupid gnome, don’t forget to Gazlowe, Gazlowe is best Tinker in WoW.

3 Likes

Sounds like you read my Post #7 or very uncanny similarities.

I go in a slight different direction, but it’s very true to form to align with your descriptions.

1 Like

If you want to be a tinker just be an engineer.

In fact, I’m sure you have better ideas, that’s my suggestion.

The important thing is that you stop comparing the class with a profession that Blizzard forgot, it is no longer as interesting as it was in BfA, WotLK, Vanilla and Legion, it is disappointing now with the use of other professions that… it really gives you money to work for using AH.

That’s why the Tinker is better than another cringe classes like the evoker, geesh… it’s disappointing seeing another class that they copied from the priest.

You’re still with the same crap, right? Anyway, I already said that it’s better than being an evoker and all the DF garbage that finally ended.

3 Likes

If you want to be a warrior just be a blacksmith.

8 Likes

personally I do not like tinkers so I’m going to vote no on this class idea.

but You’re missing one thing… WHY?

they are boring.

My god, this is the single greatest instance of receipts I think I’ve ever seen here before.
Watch them now move the goal post again, and again… and again

I find it especially hilarious that they’re arguing with a Mechagnome of all things. Like that race, their island, culture, people, are probably the most on-the-nose example of what they’re denying. Can’t make this stuff up. They’ve got to be trolling

6 Likes

hahaha… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: There is no such thing as boring, if not the class has done it yet, I like Markmanship hunter and the survival, but I don’t know why I fall asleep when playing it, so I have a class that would send me to sleep in my seat no matter how lucid and awake I am. looking forward to playing WoW.

In fact, I already showed the whole class, and one thing I always liked the fast classes like the melees, the DH is a good example of dashing and not just smashing one button like crazy, it’s totally funny.

The thing is that the evoker is an evolution of the caster or RDPS, but it lacks the atmosphere that had to be seen in Azeroth, which the Tinker would be a perfect evolution that would have of an RDPS that is also a tank and heals with use of rockets and rapids spell attacks, something that would need a lot for mail class that includes its first tank spec class, as I imagined if it has those specs in my previous post in this thread.

2 Likes

it’s really simple. I simply find the fantasy of tinker incredibly boring and I would rather not see them on my screen like ever so I am simply here to voice my opinion that they should not be a class.

My post was not, has not, and is not edited. You can view edits on people’s posts. That was my exact original post, and hasn’t changed.

The request was direct and clear. If you decide to read one sentence of a post, and furiously-reply about your fan-fics in rage… that’s on you. I can’t prevent that.

1 Like

Whatever you need to say to try and protect your personal headcanon against the deluge of evidence from actual official and in-game references given of tinkers.

6 Likes