Timerunning and CM Sets

According to recent confirmation, originally retired items, such as, CM sets and the original phoenixes will not be returning with the new timerunning event, but we will be getting a very nice recolor of the old retired phoenix mounts and I was wondering if the recolors of the old CM sets might also be on the table?

5 Likes

I wish they’d reconsider. Retaining digital bragging rights because you were around when something was relevant is weak. The game is 20 years old; let people do things. They should honor the history of the game and let these things be available.

We have the technology to make the challenge/difficulty the same.

11 Likes

Yeah, I can definitely agree there. I really believe everything in the game should always be available in some way and prestige items through things of the same relative difficulty, but I’d also honestly be fine with recolors here. I’ve wanted those phoenix mounts for years and I’m excited we’re getting a recolor of one. I think I’d be really fun for people to get a recolor of the challenge mode models, as well.

5 Likes

This news just killed 90% of my want to play this remix. Rip

4 Likes

Recolors already exist in the files and should 100% be tied to the “hard” content within. It is such wasted potential to have those recolors never used. Look up the red and black paladin challenge mode one, it is awesome!

2 Likes

Most of the people who have the CM stuff were carried anyways.

5 Likes

That may be, but we should still use these great recolors!

When content was around and you made the challenging effort to acquire it. I don’t think that’s weak at all.

I would be delighted for them to offer the sets in different colors for some commensurately difficult and time-consuming challenge, but that unfortunately seems outside the scope of this event.

Maybe in the future they’ll create a new event for players looking to tackle more challenging content and win rewards such as these sets again. I hope it’s soon!

1 Like

This excuse is always brought out like it’s supposed to diminish the accomplishments of people who did it legit. Guess what; you can buy carries for literally anything in this game. Heck, you can buy experiences you aren’t qualified for in the real world too.
This is such a non-factor.

The constantly toxicity towards people who have these things is ridiculous, and precisely why they shouldn’t ever cave to people with mindsets like this.

But yes, the recolors should be put in, and are much more on theme for the event than the trading post sets. They already exist.

Demon Hunters and Dracthyr don’t have sets in the game files, not nobody reasonable is going to complain if they’re just given a unique colour of a different set to fill in the gap.

3 Likes

Recoloured sets would provide a very cool ‘remix’ to some excellent sets for new players without taking away the prestige of the original Gold CM sets from players who obtained it back in the day. All for it.

No one should be able to get the old stuff that was exclusive! I am here as the protector of the elite few who got this and they shall remain protected!

So I have the CM Sets for Mage and Warlock, but I was hoping that the transmogs would become available again for this event, for those who may have swapped mains since then, or was still trying to get other class specific sets. Such a bummer tbh.

3 Likes

What’s your actual justification for your lust for these sets?

This was sarcasm I don’t really care that much.

They should just let us do Challenge Modes again in this mode and let us get the CM sets that way.

3 Likes

Simply add the unused recolors that have existed since MoP, each class has a minimum of 2 recolors, use some or do the same as you have done with the elite/mythic variants of the DF raids, give an item that allows us to obtain the full version of our Legion Class Hall set and be able to enjoy it properly and not a nerfed version.

2 Likes

Listen, people have had this for what 10-12 years? I think its okay if we let other people get them now. Theyre just pixels let someone else enjoy them now.

3 Likes

I just wish at the very least we could have all the sets if we got the meta achievement (like what happened with CM Weapons in WoD).

My group screwed me. I mained a Warrior, always have. Wanted that set, but our group wanted to get it done one weekend and offered me a “deal”. If I healed the full run of the CMs on my Paladin alt, we’d do it next weekend with another Healer to get it for my Warrior. I do it all on my Paladin, I’ve got the Achievement/Set on that character and then they went and made up excuses and never did it with my Warrior.

1 Like

I can understand that they want to keep these things exclusive, however, as I have already mentioned before, there are recolors that they can use, those recolors would not hurt anyone, and they are true recolors and not the nerfed version of Legion Class Hall.

I don’t mind the armor being recolors of the trading post 3-set class armor, I just hope they don’t take forever to farm. :melting_face: