Timers added to Torghast

This also gives them another tuning knob to tweak by adjusting how quickly things get tougher.

I honestly wonder how many players complaining ever played a rogue like game as staying in one place too long tends to be fatal. I would argue this change is a less random way to be killed than a couple of powerful mobs spawning right on top of you.

1 Like

Yes, this is my main toon, just like your 84 velf priest is your main toon, right?

Also, do you literally just rio every dude you disagree with on the forums? lmao

8 Likes

Perhaps you should read past the title

2 Likes

People who don’t like being forced to do all these on a basis of GOGOGO aren’t going to start liking timers no matter how much you whine about them playing the game wrong.

Devs love GOGOGO. The whole game is built around it now.

31 Likes

I see no issue, this is the best way for them to keep people from waiting for CDs while still keeping it from feeling like a real timer.

1 Like

It’s not really a hard timer though, so I’m not worried. It’s just to keep people from sitting on their butts waiting for their big CDs to refresh.

1 Like

r/whoosh right here

It will become a mandatory variation of mythic+ dungeons, so people who have not been playing them in BfA will have no choice.

This is clearly what the devs think of as “player agency”.

4 Likes

These don’t kick in until floor 10 at present. In the last interview with Morgan Day, he says he expects the regular portion of Torghast to be ~30 minutes, which lines up right around floors 10-12. So you’re looking at this not really kicking in until you get to people who are pushing Torghast just to push Torghast.

Have you actually looked at the buffs btw? The harshest ones are +1% phys dmg stacking every minute; unles you’re spending 30 or 40 minutes per floor, you’re not going to run into any problems. (And half the debuffs just spawn mobs that chase you every 30-45 seconds you’re not in combat).

5 Likes

I still say a limit on certain cool downs would have been the way to go.

9 Likes

What do you even get from Thorgast, cosmetics only?

No the best way to manage CD use is to limit the amount of uses we get. So we use it sparingly and when most efficient.

Not another BS “timer that isnt a timer” to confuse the idiots into thinking its not a timer.

16 Likes

And who knows what the configuration will be when Shadowlands goes live?

Ion says a lot of things. A lot of things he says turn out not to have been true.

So, the 30-minute expectation (around floor 10) is anticipated to be done once per week and is how you’ll attain the resources to craft legendary items.

They’re looking to do an alternative, freeform challenge mode like Mage Tower with cosmetic rewards; these debuffs are obviously for that.

Well do I have good news for you!

However, at the start of each floor, you now get a small safe area where you can change talents and prevents the soft timer from activating. In this area, you get a buff called, which lasts until you leave the safe area, loot something or enter combat. This allows you to AFK or take a break during a run

1 Like

Well, one, I’m not quoting Ion, I’m quoting Morgan Day. Two, obviously things are going to change. That’s kind of how alphas work?

1 Like

Do you need to farm dailies every day to get enough currency to do a runs like with visions?

And then once you leave the safe area its “GOGOGOGO”.

When people say we dont want timers, we dont just mean we’d like to be able to afk every 10 minutes to go to the bathroom with timers forced on us in between.

7 Likes

No system discussed yet, but it will be keys of some kind.

Not from what Morgan said in his interview with Preach. I really recommend watching it; it has lots of useful insight on Torghast, raids, dungeons, their philosophy, etc etc. I don’t agree with everything, but most this concern about Torghast is just ignorance of the system.

3 Likes