Time to start merging realms? Playerbase seems to have taken a big hit

Netherwind is good. I think it’s mostly because there’s still not many 60s.

People in this thread repeatedly point to lower queues as proof classic numbers are down are delusional. Did you not know they’ve had server transfers open forever on your realm? Any idea why that would lower your queue? Hm? Lol

2 Likes

There are posts like this every day. People asking for merged servers when they haven’t even removed layering yet.

Go back to private servers with your dead server meme.

2 Likes

Definately not the case on my server. Im 49 and cant quest in Hinterlands due to wall to wall people everywhere.

Either not enough people your level or most the server has you on ignore for some type of nefarious behavoir.

4 Likes

“I raced to 60 and barely anyone raced with me. This must mean the game is dead.”
-OP

9 Likes

Just correcting you for the 150th time.

2 Likes

I didn’t race to 60.

ok so, you’re describing sharding which is per zone and it actually 100 times better then layering. Still bad for a realms culture.

you mean DM.

Its called layering, all realms are high/full

Really, this comes down to numerous people who were racing to 60 burning out or completing what they wanted in the first month. Some are not paying for more game time because what they want next isn’t out yet - BGs (next phase) or Dire Maul or AQ.

No, it’s definitely not “realm merge” time. Spend a little time in just about any leveling zone. Heck STV is hard to quest in with so many people killing panthers, tigers, raptors, and trolls constantly. It only quiets down around 2 am server time. (Thankfully that’s 11 pm for me, so I get a few blessedly calm hours to quest.)

1 Like

It’s because majority of players aren’t at this stage yet. You’re still moreso on the front end of the leveling pack.

I’m on Mankrik and i’m starting to wish my realm wasn’t so popular. During the early afternoon to late evening, it’s impossible to gather ore and herbs.

As much as I dislike layering, it would be pants on head to disable it right now until tourist finally stop playing.

2 Likes

Plus, Blizzard has that data. We don’t. Im sure they are watching these numbers like a hawk, too.

They probably aren’t relying on anecdote from players.

2 Likes

Most people are not 60 in just five weeks

1 Like

Maybe the problem is actually the majority of players aren’t 60 yet lol

1 Like

Lol. You’re at an awkward level range. Too slow for the zoomers. Yoo fast for the casual players.

He’s just trolling with all of it.

Has more to do with your level and the zone. The fast burn people are already at 60 doing their end game stuff, the slowpokes are still 40 and under. And EPL is never a popular zone.

Things are still busy - it’s just not overflowing anymore with waves of people speed leveling

Annnnddd… you’re dead wrong. I’m on one of the LEAST populated realms and have no trouble finding groups for anything. Probably because I am not leveling in a hurry, and have lots of people doing what I’m doing. I’m not even in a guild!

I’m sure your lack of a group to finish a quest is a strong indicator that WoW: Classic is on it’s death bed, but I’ll wait for official word that server mergers are absolutely necessary…

3 Likes