Time to lift some Tmog restrictions?

I want my warrior to use a blade of azinoth, how come I farmed forever for it and I can only tmog it on a DH, but can equip the actual weapon in my hand? Not everyone wants to main an edgy elmo night elf

1 Like

Arbitrary restrictions have been a firm stance of theirs since the beginning. They don’t care that allowing me to wear a witch’s hat year round would upset absolutely nobody in game, they don’t care that my demon hunter wielding havoc warglaives as a tank would upset nobody in game.

They just don’t want us to use things for fun, because… well there’s really no good reason. It’s the biggest pet peeve I have with the devs. There is no good reason at all, it seems like the entire purpose is to upset their customers more for the sake of making them feel like they’re forcing an arbitrary fantasy idea that nobody wants.

If their goal wasn’t to ultimately frustrate us with this stuff, we’d have had a broom mount by now. That would be a guaranteed win for them.

But instead, they stick to their beliefs like a religion.

This is the main issue. What Blizzard doesn’t get though is that most armor we’re getting doesn’t fit whatever class we’re playing. Hell, they even stopped making class sets. If I want to make my mage look like a battle mage or my warrior like a barbarian, I should be able to.

I fully support the lifting of xmog restrictions, it will not break the game by having such changes though I can expect some visual bugs to come from it ie cloth <–> plate which may require some advanced coding? and who knows what other bugs can be discovered or opened up from these changes. Last thing you want is more tech support posts about loss of fps because they’ll not hesitate to say “Since the xmog restriction lift patch my fps…”

It’s bad enough that I’m re-acquiring mogs I had already previously collected for some reason

I think most of the current restrictions are fine. I really don’t want to see plate wearers on the battle field in silk. There could be some tweaks for weapon types.

Except you already can with certain armor, toys and food buffs. A warrior can already transmog a dress because of some of the armor made for paladins or the Noblewoman’s Finery dress. There are no longer any reasons to hold onto these restrictions, although if they HAD to hold onto some, at least do something like this:

Plate can mog plate and mail
Mail can mog mail and leather
Leather can mog leather and cloth
Cloth can mog cloth and leather

That ALONE would give everyone tons of new options to play with.

I really want holiday restrictions gone. If people can go around wearing plate bikinis and other ridiculous looking items, I don’t see why it’s an issue if I want a flower crown ><

3 Likes

I would absolutely love to be able to transmog into my black embersilk gown but it’s a white item even though it took a lot to make it back in Cata. I don’t understand why, There is a lot of white gear I would transmog into because I like some of the simpler looks.

1 Like

Nah, I kind of like the idea behind artifacts sticking to your spec it makes since and its kind of… yeah to even change that would defeat its purpose. However, it would be nice for other weapons and armors to loose restrictions like legendaries, etc.

Gandalf carried a sword, why cant a mage?

They should change the system so that you have to equip a TMOG item (which you can swap out for a price), that allows you to wear specific armor (cloth, leather, chain, or plate). You then would be allowed/limited to that category of armor for TMOGS. Where there is a clash between your normal armor and your TMOG choice, your normal armor would just look like body hair. This idea is gonna work for mounts and should work for TMOGS.

I really wish they would allow wedding dress to be transmoggable. I would love for my female undead character to be a ‘corpse bride’

OP are you aware that some mog restrictions are going to be done to the game as per QA March 2019? Ion made it so in that monthly address. I cannot wait for these changes in game.