Time to Hire GM's

Don’t ever tell me ActiBlizz can’t afford to hire more staff and get some GM’s in-game. With Kotick’s 200 million dollar bonus amid layoffs, it’s insane for anyone to even suggest this.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/activision-blizzard-ceo-receives-200m-165908759.html

This whole company needs an overhaul.

12 Likes

You really can’t argue with this.

That $200 million payout is disgusting.

9 Likes

Go overhaul it!

You totally can. It’s just an attempt to frame it in a way to prevent people from doing so.

Capitalism is the way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s that boot taste like?

3 Likes

Oh, I just disagree with your distaste for rewarding those who do well. Apparently that leaves a bad taste in your mouth :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

No one does that well.

1 Like

Some people do.

1 Like

Nope.

2 Likes

Grats to Kotick for having his industry benefit greatly from Covid.

3 Likes

Research suggests that the impact CEOs have on the success or failure of a company is negligible. 🤷

4 Likes

That’s a very interesting understanding of what a CEO is.

It’s true. It’s not saying they don’t do anything, but their impact as individuals is nearly non-existent.

Statistically, it is extremely (around 99%) likely that Activision would have had nearly identical successes in the previous financial year if it had a different CEO.

It depends a lot on the sort of role the CEO plays, as well as how involved the board is. I can’t claim to be familiar enough with Activision and Bobby Kotick to have insight or even an opinion there.

I do suppose that that statement may be reasonable in regards to some companies.

But somehow they just don’t have money for servers and constantly try to crz everything or connect realms to save $200 a month. So disgusting.

We can be reasonably sure that Bobby’s influence as an individual was negligible in Activision/Blizzard’s financial success these past 12 months. There are a myriad of much more important factors that resulted in this outcome.

Therefore, the $200m should be a commensurate that the role of CEO for Activision is immensely demanding. If it is because the company believes that Bobby “led them through COVID” with his “wisdom” and “insight” or any such narrative based explanation, 99 out of 100 times they just wasted $200m.

Again, this is not to suggest that CEOs don’t work hard. More that the statistics suggest we grossly overstate the impact CEOs have on the outcome of a company. Naturally, this calls the practice of such large CEO bonuses into question.

4 Likes

It isn’t an ethical nor moral question, imo. It’s a business, and up to the shareholders and/or the board to decide that.

You may be right, but maybe not. I certainly would need more information and a much better perspective before making a decision as to whether to kill the golden goose. :wink:

2 Likes

He didn’t say it was.

Do you keep defending multibillionaires because you think you might be one someday?

2 Likes

I don’t think that being resentful of others’ accomplishments is an opinion I particularly agree with.

The point is there was no accomplishment. Blizz fell down in a puddle of pandemic and Bobby popped up dripping diamonds.

And they’re still laying people off.

As reasonable as that may seem, I don’t think it’s something that we can really know.

The end results though that seem to follow Bobby Kotick around, year after year, may suggest that he’s either very lucky, or actually competent, and delivering value to the shareholders.