Time to do away with individual servers

We already have region wide AH reagents.
We can trade gold across servers.
We can trade items across servers.
We can trade across factions.
We can invite other factions to guilds.

So why do we still even have the restrictions of servers and factions?

Aside from ping by being in the wrong guild on the other side of the planet, there is basically no reason everything isn’t just open and everyone gets to play with everyone. It would make the game feel more alive and active instead of sitting on your server in Orgrimmar during ‘peak’ time and seeing 3 people.

9 Likes

Yeah, see, the thing is that putting literally everyone playing WoW into one server (not server in the WoW sense, but in the tech. sense) is probably impossible at this point in time.

2 Likes

so… go out into the world, where the people are?

2 Likes

datacenter in 5… 4… 3…

21 Likes

See that tiny spark there on the left. THERE! that one, that was me.
:beverage_box: :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

6 Likes

Should make patch and launch days really fun.

Makes about as much sense as all the McDonald’s in a large city just using one central drive thru.

imagine trying to do a rift or goblin event with everyone at once.

AWAY WITH INDIVIDUAL SERVERS! Balance us across named instances if you want but we should be able to move freely between them to MYTHICALLY collaborate with friends we make.

1 Like

Never heard of sharding I guess have you?

Blizzard killed server communities, so it’s not a bad idea to combine the servers. Have 1 RP-PvE, 1 RP-PvP, 1 PvP, and 1 PvE server. Remove war mode and then remove the ability to play cross-server.

2 Likes
  1. Servers are still communities and there are names and guild names attached.
  2. Server lag is still something they cannot fix.
  3. Mega servers are absolutely horrid and people have quit other MMOs en masse due to them being implemented.
  4. Connected Realms are smart mergers and exist specifically to combat losing names and guild names, while still keeping communities intact.
  5. Factions are a gameplay aspect for PvP and for story.
3 Likes

Putting everyone on as few servers as possible is a bad idea, it’d cause severe lag spikes and people to be quitting en mass as the game wouldn’t be playable. So yeah no the multiple servers is doing the right thing right now, wish they’d done the same for diablo 4 as it was a laggy mess last I played it

It worked for EVE online plus you get nonconsensual PVP and griefing as encouraged gameplay too!

Dear god, no.

4 Likes

No, the sheer amount of problems this would cause wouldn’t be worth it. However I do believe Blizz needs to make more realm connections.

7 Likes

LOL they can’t even keep MG running during events without sharding it.

2 Likes

This ^
I know when WRA horde attacked MG Stormwind, it made a lot of people just give up on trying to do rp/events due to the lag it caused. If they fixed being able to handle that kind of event, maybe we could.
Even so, I think connections are more viable to retain names. I’d personally hate to lose names I value for RP purposes or have had for a long time.

2 Likes

This is a joke. There are no communities in retail.

5 Likes

Sorry your server doesn’t have a community. Mine do.

3 Likes