Time Period RP

Thinking of starting a new event on Fridays. The idea behind it is role playing in different parts of Warcraft’s history either with a younger version of a character or an existing character’s ancestor. Time periods I thought of are the following.

-10,000 Well of Eternity

-7,300 Before the Founding of Quel’thalas in Eldre’thalas

-6,800 At the Founding of Quel’thalas

-2,800 At the Founding of Dalaran

0 Before the First War

6 During the Second War

20 Before the Third War

25 First Raid on Zul’gurub

28 Second Raid on Zul’gurub

28 Kezan Before the Cataclysm Perhaps even earlier.

Due to asking around on the discord. First attempt at this is going to be year 6 in Lordaeron. On Friday the 31st 6pm server in the past version of Trisitfal Glades above Undercity. If you have any questions feel free to ask here, discord (Zurom), or even in game (Zurom-CenarionCircle).

3 Likes

I’d totally be down for RPing the Well of Eternity. My main character was a cute little 200 years old at that point! Barely an acolyte in the Sisterhood of Elune! And like… you know… still… happy…

1 Like

I’d have to make him a night elf, but Randarel here would likely have a place in the Well of Eternity era too.

1 Like

Me! Oh, pick me!

My various elf characters are probably most applicable, but the oldest of them is only 3k years old. So Well of Eternity stuff would be right out, unless I roll up an ancestor.

1 Like

Might not need to make a separate character for Well of Eternity era if we can think of somewhere other than the instance to stand in for it. That is the biggest problem for that one. The others can easily be down out of instance.

1 Like

Well the idea is that it’s during that era, but not necessarily during the War of the Ancients. We already have outdoors for that with the Broken Isles, which is Tyrande and Malfurion’s homeland in Suramar. If we don’t go quite that far, we could do an era just after the War of the Ancients, which would open up Mount Hyjal and Ashenvale and Dire Maul.

2 Likes

Ah yes, serval Broken Isle locations would work. Don’t know why I blanked on them. Was kinda avoiding Dire Maul for the -10k time period since we’d be using it for the -7,300 one, but I suppose we could use it for both. Nar’thalas or Suramar might be better though.

1 Like

Well Dire Maul was relevant after the exile of the Highborne. So that’s correct to use it for the 7300 year mark. However, we’ll have to make sure we get that one right, as technically the group that founded Quel’Thalas was not the same group as those in Eldre’thalas. Another splinter group also went to Northrend in the Crystalsong Forest (which is why it looks the way it does), and another group went to the Grizzly Hills (the fallen world tree). Hyjal and Ashenvale/Felwood/Stonetalon Peak would be where the elves eventually fled during the Long Vigil and the War of the Satyr.

1 Like

I love this idea, and I have a NE who could do well. There are raids we can use as well. If you have a smaller group like 5 we could use the ones in the Caverns of Time. I love that we can use those for something.

Crystal song forest could be used for an older NE rp, and I think we can use the one in the Hinterlands as a stand in for a village for NE

So glad you are doing this, sounds like great fun.

1 Like

The quest “Verinias the Twisted” leads me to think they at the very least had some cross over though. In the quest Verinias says “I will leave to follow Dath’remar and the others.” So at the very least the Shen’dralar where aware at Dath’remar at the time as well as them leaving for what would be Quel’thalas.

At the -7,300 year mark I was planning to have groups talking about the political aspect of leaving Eldre’thalas for what would be Quel’thalas etc.

2 Likes

I wanted to thank everyone that came to the first time period rp event. As for next week, Would people prefer to continue year 6 but in Eversong. Or go way back to the Well of Eternity.

Tomorrow’s time period rp will still be year 6 but this time it is after the Burning of Quel’thalas in Silvermoon’s Farstriders’ Square.