Time for full quel'dorei/high elf customization on Void Elves

Fairly certain an intern with a basic 3d degree can copy pasta then shape the haircuts onto the different race scalps. Worgen would be a bit tricky, but still doable.

1 Like

I think you bring up a fair point, but a counter argument is that while races shared hairstyles, they didn’t also share models. So if a Draenei and a human shared a hairstyle, their models were vastly different. What I’d love is for all races (void elves and blood elves included) to get brand new hairstyles and colors that are 100% unique to them. Or, at the very least, if there’s a few shared here and there, make them different models.

2 Likes

touche’. sadly, that was the whole point of allied races - shared models. and they wouldnt consider half elves for alliance with brand new models.

1 Like

Having done 3d modeling, It really isn’t that much of a difference to change the shape of the scalp to match and then the drape over the shoulders and back. It’s hardly considered a whole new model. Something any 4th year intern can do.

apparently, they have some convulted system for modelling. and then theres the pipeline of approvals from every big wig and his uncle.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s only the latter. We’ve seen those student contest entries using Blizz’ engines that rocked socks.

The fact is… they just don’t want to spend time/money on it.
Heck, I’m sure there’s plenty of skilled players/fans that would do the tweaking for bnet balance!

1 Like

Super respectfully, not many players are going to look at models the same way you do, or will have that understanding. Different animations, heads, faces, voices, hands… those are different models.

1 Like

Oh I’m just talking hair. not the entire model. My apologies if it got mixed up.

It’s still one model being bent and moved around by those animations. It’s not like cell animation where everything is a separate drawing.

Oh okay. I didn’t pick that up. Well if it’s so easy, I would sell an organ to get more hairstyles!

1 Like

they just need to copy paste the hairs of allied races to each race. As long as it shares the right skeleton.

Dark irons dwarves and reg dwarves should both get each others hairs

velf / belf

1 Like

I think they should repurpose void elf hair to be light themed for BEs and then share the hair styles between both races, that way it finally feels like void elves are sharing back w blood elves but both can get something.

2 Likes

problem is, the only style void elves have that female blood elves would want is the long hair over one eye. think its called melancholy, and the males would like male void elf facial hair. velf hairstyles are kinda bad. the males all have receeding hairlines and the females look like their hair is greasy or sopping wet - its all stringy and…well they look like they forgot how to hygene.

It’s not about what specific individuals want it’s about parity

velfs would be getting more than parity, whereas belfs would get stuck with velf grunge lol not parity. for parity, belfs would need new styles, so they could look different from helfers.

Biggest mistake was exiling the Velves instead of just killing them. Now we have a bunch of purple elves wanting to be high elves while hearing whispers from the deep.

5 Likes

i dunno how you could light theme stringy, greasy hair

i swear ion hates alliance players lol

1 Like

I wish the void elf customisation pass had emphasised the void aspect instead of the blood elf copy/paste. The only change I was happy with is adding the black and white hair colors. Starcursed options would’ve been cool for example. Differentiate blood elves and void elves more instead of making them look the same. Every blood elf option added to void elves takes away from options to increase the void aspect that I would prefer.

3 Likes

In a perfect WoW world they’d write all of the off shoot High Elves as coming back to Silvermoon City and the Horde and then just put Alliances force as Void Elves, they could easily do it when they add the lore for Druids and Shamans for Blood Elves like as healing the land, heck we could even take Veressa as a new Horde NPC since she’s not void corrupted like Alleria, more nature based and of course we already took Calia as a major Horde NPC so yeah it could totally work they just have to write it that way.

2 Likes

i was so glad when we got the white and black hair. though i disliked the gray roots on the chalk white hair. starcursed would look amazing

artist: Ramavatarama

from

but we were asking for human skin tones, which most of the races have to one degree or another and different hairstyles. we did not want to be a copy paste. for example, we wanted braids in place of tentacles. instead, they just toggled the tentacles which leaves gaping holes in our hair. it looks so odd. glad we could toggle but wish the choice was tentacle or braid, not tentacle or nothing. lol