Time for a wow break. What other games you like?

My wife likes classic games, so Im thinking of building her a rasberry pi for her upcoming bday. Looking at getting RDR2 for myself. What games do you like to play when you get bored with wow?

I usually bounce around the various Steam games I never finished. Right now though, I’ve been getting into Diablo 3 again since there’s an anniversary event going on until the 31st. Before that I was playing some Pillars of Eternity, Battletech, and War for the Overworld (one of the better Dungeon Keeper knockoffs).

4 Likes

RDR2, on Xbox One. It is pretty insane. The single player alone is worth it, while I’ve played Online enough (in “beta” but we keep characters/progress/stuff) that I’m level 44 or something.

I don’t even have a 4 K xbox/tv, but it is still incredibly detailed. I’m impressed just out riding about. They’ve REALLY improved the horses, even though they were amazing in the first game. In this one the realism is NUTS.

My online character is a female, looking kind of like a red-haired Sandra Oh. I was impatient, but if you get the hang of the facial constructor you can make it look like anyone. I just wanted a sharp departure from Arthur Morgan, in the single player. So it is fun for her to color coordinate her “Prairie Skirt” and “Blouched Blouse”(or however that was spelled), with a purple derby.

In both single player, and online(albeit more dangerous, because of players), you can while away the time doing something like fishing and wonder where the hours went. They nerfed Red Salmon selling for $4.25, but that made economical sense; It is still fun.

1 Like

Super Mario Bros 3 (you can fly)

6 Likes

This. I’m waiting until next week for Season 16 to start. It’s a nice distraction.

2 Likes

I’m playing SWTOR at the moment. That is where all my friends have migrated.

I just unsubbed from WoW, but I’m not going to make a big thread about it. I’m sure I’ll be back in the future.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing Marvel’s Spider-Man on the PS4 in my non-WoW gaming time. Swinging around Manhattan is an awful lot of fun.

2 Likes

I like Cities Skylines, and the Uncharted-style games on my PS4.

1 Like

I’ve recently started playing Smash.

My place of work is having a Smash Tournament. lol I wonder how I’ll do.

Smash is fun, but if you don’t have anyone to fight lol it get’s old quickly.

2 Likes

WC3, of course!

I took a mini break from WoW and got WC3 Reforged, but got WC3 Classic anyway. Fun game, like the story telling. Love the “cinematics”. I’ll wait for the new version to do Frozen Throne.

1 Like

I like the Sega Genesis Classics which has 50 Sega Genesis titles and is now available for the Nintendo Switch which is a pretty good deal for $30.00.

The Legend of Zelda:Breath of the Wild is also fun to play.
And my favorite The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition for PlayStation 4 is a game I play a lot.

4 Likes

Playing RDR2 and Battletech right now myself and next week there’s the Resident Evil 2 remake.

1 Like

The only other games I play besides WoW is the Dragon Age series and Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

2 Likes

Definitely try RDR2. It is amazing.
I’ve also taken a trip down memory lane lately and have been playing p1999 Everquest.
For MMO’s, I still play SWTOR.
I think I average about 2 hours a week on WoW now.

2 Likes

I might haul out my PS2 once the movers get it here and fire up some old games. Or my Sega Genesis.

I’m not entirely old skool…I got RDR2 for Christmas but then we packed up the PS4, lol! It looks cool in the plastic though!

1 Like

If you are into MMORPG-like-wow(aka lots of QoL) still i recommend ESO and FF14.
If you want a more “root” with more freedom, housing, building ships but grindy etc MMORPG, archage eliminated its p2w model and is pretty good now.

2 Likes

DAoC is going free-to-play soon. I expect I’ll be spending a lot of time in Camelot.

1 Like

believe it or not I just started playing maple story 2 and toontown rewritten… there cute and fun and free

2 Likes

I plan on getting the Switch primarily so I can have this collection on the go. My Sega Nomad dreams living on through Nintendo.

4 Likes

Awesome game, I played it all through the holidays

2 Likes