Time and Time Again ((Sign Ups/OOC))

A couple of things to note:

• This takes place before Darnassus was burned.
  • There is a designed story, but I have no problem if it ventures off, but the goal will be established in the first part below.
  • Too many people can cause chaos, but I want to bring in as many as possible.
  • This is not meant to follow lore to the T, the object that this story revolves around is only hinted at, but nothing is really clear. I thought that this way, the story can happen how it happens, without the object being constrained by lore.

Veryssia Ravenshadow opened her eyes slowly, blinking back tears as the ray of sun tried to pierce her eyes. She slowly sat up and closed her eyes again, absorbing the sounds of Teldrassil. For once, she was glad she had returned to her home. She hadn’t been here since her parents died. Her heart still ached to think of them, but rather than letting it dig its way deeper, she shook herself and began to get ready for the day.

After getting dressed and throwing her hair into a loose ponytail, she slowly walked outside. Varyssia pat her black nightsaber between the ears. It had no saddle and nothing tethered it near the inn, but there is stayed. She walked along the trail through the trees, arriving at the lake in order to attend her session with Shan’do Nightbloom.

She came to Teldrassil on his request, which seemed very urgent by the looks of his letter. Lost in thought, she was startled when he spoke to her. “You’ve arrived.”

He simply stated this, without his usual greeting. Something must be bad if he doesn’t greet me as he used to, thought Varyssia as she looked into his eyes.

As she opened her mouth to respond with some kind of affirmation, he cut her off.

“The Elun’dris is gone.”

Elun’dris is translated to The Eye of Elune. I pulled this from the Wowpedia page of Darnassian words and phrases, and it fit. Shan’do Nightbloom has gathered others by sending letters to assist. Not everyone who signs up needs to be a part of this group, feel free to be a part of the group that stole the Eye, or someone who joins later, if your signup happens to be after the start. :smiley:

Please include the following information:

Name:
Race:
Class:
Physical Description:
Group (Adventurers, Villains, Later, or None):
Background that leads to what group:

For example, here’s mine:

Name: Veryssia Ravenshadow
Race: Night Elf
Class: Druid
Character Description: Veryssia Ravenshadow has light purple skin and dark blue hair, which she usually has in a ponytail or braid. She is usually always in loose fitting leather or long silk robes, depending on what she is doing or where she is going. She usually has a slight smile when anywhere outdoors, so long as she can hear nature around her. She is generally friendly, but is usually not found in cities or towns. She spends her time in one animal form or another, enjoying the nature around her.

She is very protective of friends and family, but she lets very few into her close circle. If pushed, she tends to lash out, usually physically, as she prefers the agility and safety of her cat form, rather than hashing something out with words.

Group: Adventurers
Background: Varyssia grew up in Darkshore with her parents. Her parents were killed during the Third War. After hearing news of her death, she mourned for a long time. She journeyed to Teldrassil with a later group of Night Elves, including her teacher. She threw herself into her training, progressing quickly, and reached a point where she felt she couldn’t stay here. Her parents should be with her. Instead, she traveled around Azeroth, finding things to spend her time on. She lost contact with many of her friends from Teldrassil, but one day, her Shan’do contacted her, his message urgent, and she journeyed back to hear what he had to say.

Edit: I fixed an error with my lore. It’s been a while since I have studied some of the lore, so I made it better.

Edit 2: Accepted/Pending Characters below.

Accepted:
Zaramai Duskblade
Nayssa Swansong
Haraak
Ryu Doseki
Theran Dragonson
Nanaai Coolbreeze

Pending:

Declined:

Name: Zaramai Duskblade
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Battle Mage
Physical Description: Zaramai is an elf of average height and slender build. Her body is relatively muscular considering she is a practitioner of magic, mostly from training in martial combat with her elder sister. Long dark hair cascades down from the elf’s head to slightly frame a face of typical elven beauty that was free from any notable scars or markings. Her eyes shine with a golden light, but the slight tinges of fel green remain.
Group (Adventurers, Villains, Later, or None): Adventurers
Background that leads to what group: Zaramai, a member of Silvermoon’s Magisters, was a emissary before the Dalaran Purge during the Pandaria campaign. Her history with peace attempts with the Alliance make her a prime choice when the call for aid reached Silvermoon - who seek to establish more friendly relations following the events in Suramar (at least officially).

Name: Theran Dragonson
Race: San’layn
Class: Blademaster (not the same variety as the orcish warriors of the same name)
Physical Description: Bright red hair frames the face of this bloodthirsty nobleman, a scarred right eye and glowing red eyes filled with malice. He wears thick, padded leather armor adorned with skulls and gems, and wields two, cruel serrated blades, that drain the blood of his foes to mend his wounds and sate his thirst. He is well-muscled, and can transform, temporarily, into a monstrous, red-skinned fiend that is both agile and brutish, using the blood he has shed to fuel this transformation.

He is accompanied by his favored slave, Liara Leafmane, who wears traditional huntress armor, though defiled by Scourge runes, and her forehead branded by Theran with the symbol of the dragon. Liara has flowing emerald locks, gathered back into a braid, and her lavender-colored skin is only lightly-marred, a testament to the skill of whomever heals her when Theran has finished with her.
Group: Villains
Theran Dragonson was once a loyal swordsman who followed Kael’thas to Icecrown, when the Prince of the Sin’dorei sided with Illidan. However, in Icecrown, he fell to Arthas himself, and was swiftly raised to stand amongst the San’layn, the Darkfallen. This process twisted his mind, amplifying his vainglory, and drawing out a new, dark joy- he cared not from whence the blood flowed, only that it did. Whatever loyalties he once had were shattered by this addiction to violence and blood.

But when the Lich King fell at Icecrown Citadel, Theran found himself bereft of a patron who would indulge this need, this driving hunger. And for years, he found himself alone, save for a scarce few other survivors of the Argent Crusade, as well as his prisoner from the same order, Liara Leafmane.

Eventually, he would go on to find a patron in Sylvanas Windrunner, but, for now, he seeks merely to sate his addiction.

Name: Nanaai Coolbreeze
Class: Druid

Physical Description:
Her hair is white from age with a healthy (if mystical) silvery shine. Her skin appears soft and vibrant. Her features full and healthy. In the manner of Night Elves she possesses a fairly common, if understated, beauty.

Her robes (as she often wears) are a living weave of vines, moss, leaves, and assorted vegetation usually reflecting the ambient flora. Her outfit has the appearance of having grown around her. Small leaves and bramble sprout from her thick bark-like shoulder guards while a variety of wild flowers bloom randomly about her robes.

Her armor (which she currently wears) usually derives from nature according to her need, however currently (as seen in her profile pic) she’s wearing a set of muted leather armor, dark shirt, dark hood, clad with the tabard of her kin. She carries a single curved blade at the back of her belt.

She always has an aura of a fresh cool forest, though the potency of that aura may wane when she dwells for any length of time within dead or fel corrupted lands such as Argus and the Broken Shore.

Group (Adventurers, Villains, Later, or None): Adventurer

Nanaai had just spent the past year aiding in the front lines of the fight against the Burning Legion. She once commanded the title of Archdruid, a title many a Druid carried during these harrowing times. Every one of these Druid was worthy of their station. Personal tension between Cenation Circle leadership and Nanaai’s shifting world view had finally come to a head. With respect, she’d only just recently abandoned her title of Archdruid, resigned any and all affiliation with the Circle, and had retreated to her home within the Val’sharah wilds.

Returning from tending to some matters with the local dryads, Nanaai was surprised (to say the least) to find the door to her home left ajar. Inside nothing was touched save a simple letter, penned by hand, was left resting on a small table near the door. Nanaai poured over the letter’s contents. It wasn’t terribly long or very descriptive, yet there was much implied by it’s tone; and then there was the signature. Shan’do Nightbloom. She’d known him. A good man, by all accounts, and an excellent Druid worthy of his title, Shan’do. Honored Teacher. Their time spent together was always professional. No personal connection to speak of between the two, so if he was reaching out to her…

Nanaai returned the letter to where it had laid and secured the door behind her. A short distance off a forest nymph (dryad) stood watching Nanaai. The Druid met her gaze. “Nayari,” She called out to the nymph. “I’ll be away for a time. Personal matter. Keep after the woods, yes?” The forest nymph smiled with bright eyes and gave Nanaai a confident nod. Nanaai double checked her small bundle of items, among them her bindings of Ur and her pair of daggers called Lothien blades. She caressed the crest inscribed upon the handle of one such blade and she muttered a prayer. “Ela’lothe-Adorme.”

Tucking the small bundle away Nanaai called to her the power of the great Stag, and her shape changed to that of a powerful Doe. In the blink of an eye she was silently away, bounding through the forest toward the Dreamgrove. There to make her way to Darnassus.

Teldrassil was only planted a few years ago, so your character couldn’t have been raised there. But, here goes nothing.

Name: Nayssa Swansong
Class: Glaivewielder
Physical Description: Nayssa Swansong is pale for a Kaldorei. She has whitish skin with a purple hue and darker purple freckles on her hands and neck. Her hair is a deep purple, the colour of wine. She ties it into a tight ponytail. The clothing she wears is usually a light plate-leather mix, somewhat resembling Warden armour. She carries two large glaives shaped like nightsaber fangs.
Personality: Nayssa is serious and stoic, and rarely cries or gets angry. She has learned to control her emotions in battle, and not let feelings influence decisions while fighting.
Background that leads to what group: Nayssa turned away from the fringes of the Felwood, trudging to her house. It was near the edge of a stream, and that’s were Nayssa went first. Her glaives were covered in green blood, the result of a day’s work of killing demons. She bent over to wash them, sliding the metal into the water. When the glaives were clean, she left them out to dry on a cluster of smooth rocks.
“Min’da! Min’da!” Shouted a little Night Elf girl. “Someone left this at the door!”
Nyssa walked over and picked up the paper the child was holding. The Elun’dris was gone.

I edited in my profile, all except for the background. I need a little bit more info.

You said this takes place before Darnassus (really the entire tree) was burned. How long ago? During which expansion does all this take place? Knowing this will help me understand where my character is at in her progression.

The Eye of Elune. Is this an item you came up with for your story? I’m looking around to see, but it feels connected the the object Tyrande used during her Night Warrior ritual. Wasn’t that the Eye of Elune?

Name: Haraak
Race: Draenei
Class: Monk
Physical Description: Haraak is a tower of blue muscle under a stiff grey jacket. He relies on his own immense strength and martial prowess in combat, and the closest thing he has to weapons are the wrapped leather gauntlets covering his forearms. He has dark hair tied in a short ponytail behind his rounded forehead plate and a stubby, neatly trimmed beard framing the tentacles on his blocky jaw.

Background that leads to what group: For most of his life Haraak served his people as a Paladin, but after the Draeneis’ mounting defeats on Draenor he fell into doubt. After losing everything in the years of war against the corrupted Orcs, after all his struggle ended in the near utter slaughter of those he had sworn to protect, he lost faith in himself and in doing so he lost the Light.

After fleeing Draenor with the other survivors and crashing on Azeroth his sense of duty drove him to continue the fight, though in his heart he no longer believed that anything he did truly mattered. In his self doubt he no longer thought himself worthy to wield the Light and as such he could no longer serve as a Paladin. He abandoned the title and fought with the Alliance as a warrior.

After years of aimless fighting he eventually happened upon the teachings of the Pandaren monks. Their philosophy of inner strength spoke to his own hopelessness and through training in their ways he made peace with himself. He’s found purpose again as a defender of the innocent, and upon hearing of the theft of the Elun’dris he would come to help.

I think my game time has lapsed by now but I seem to still be able to post for the moment. So Thought because this seems to be a Kaldorei-ish specific thread I would throw mine up. Don’t know when or if my posting privileges may be revoked but until then Why not try.

Name: Ryu “Falcon of the Kaldorei” Doseki of the Wildhammer
Race: Kaldorei raised Wildhammer Dwarf.
Class: Ranger
Physical Description: At first glance Ryu looks like your typical Wildhammer Dwarf. Short with a long sandy colored beard and tattoos. It is when one gets a closer look they realize that this dwarf is not your typical Wildhammer. His skin paler due to his years under the Kalimdor trees instead of the open skies of Aerie where he was born. His tattoos, not Wildhammer but Kaldorei in origin. Eyes, those of a predator track even the slightest hint of movement in the darkest of nights. His gut, tone and tight in complete contrast to the typical beer belly dwarves are known for. The muscles in his arms and legs coiled like a spring aching to be released.

Ryu is a Ranger, his weapon a bow crafted from a branch of the World Tree atop Hyjal and whatever animal companion that tags along. Second is an axe blessed by Elune from the waters from a moon well. Dressed in animal hide leather strengthened with mail plates Ryu stalks the trees of Northern Kalimdor with his Elven family.
Group: Adventurers
Background that leads to what group: Ryu was born a Wildhammmer Dwarf but events when he was young twisted his destiny. A fateful storm cast the ship he was on to the bottom of the Maelstrom, the only survivor marooned on the forgotten shores of a land that wouldn’t be discovered for near 100 years… Kalimdor. There he was believed lost at sea until the events of the 3rd war.

Ryu grew up in this foreign land and was adopted by a Kaldorei couple whom taught him the ways of their people. The language and customs. As a male Ryu would become a druid. That was the plan to follow in the footsteps of the other males. Oh how Ryu wished to become one with the Emerald Dream. It was not meant to be as Elune had other plans for the shipwrecked dwarf. Unable to master the druid forms she blessed the dwarf instead with the tongues and eyes of the beast. Capable of speaking directly to any creature under Elune’s ever watchful eyes and sharing sight with them. Ryu cannot take a true druidic form but the blessing granted by Elune he can enter a primal state and connect on a level others cannot.

Years past and Ryu started learning how to track and use a bow. Unlike druidism the young dwarf took to this quickly. The enhancements to his physical form from Elune and the constant days of training with those whom had thousands of years of experience over him made him a deadly ranger. Though it was not until after the Battle of Mount Hyjal when males were allowed in the ranks of the Sentinels that the small dwarf became an official member. Ryu considered himself an honorary member as did many whom were already within the ranks.

Let me know what you think.

I fixed this, thank you. It has been a long time since I have RPed with a night elf, so I forgot my timeline. Actually, it’s been a long time since I have RPed in general. I appreciate the notice.

To address your questions:

I feel it would be best to take place between Legion and Battle for Azeroth, when Azeroth is still recovering from the Legion, but there is a momentary, if not rocky, peace between the Alliance and the Horde.

Also, yes Teldrassil was burned, not just Darnassus, my mistake. :stuck_out_tongue:

I do remember the Eye of Elune somewhere from that point, but I couldn’t find any information on it, so I felt it could be expanded on without going against lore to much. I saw the phrase in Darnassian, but since it isn’t really well known, I figured it could be used freely.

Could I get a little more information on the race? I feel I’ve heard something like this word before.

That’s alright! Feel free to join, but I can give you my discord or Battle Tag if you need to contact me if your game time runs out.

I will be posting the first post as soon as we get a few more people. List of accepted characters will be posted on the first post. I work most of the week, so I will check every evening/night for more sign ups and questions. Thanks to all who have signed up recently!

Yeah I am on my mother’s computer right now. My gaming laptop went up in my house fire at the end of April. Along with that my gaming files, Discord, and alike. Took me some doing just to get my account back as my authenticator went with it.

So yeah the forums are all I got for a while until Blizzard says otherwise. Any Issues with my Profile you’d like me to address?

San’layn were the Blood Elves risen in Icecrown by Arthas, becoming vampiric in nature. Their magic strongly revolved around blood, and using it to empower themselves, harm their foes (be it through pressurized blood bolts or curses that used blood as a vector, such as the Embrace of the Vampyr), and heal each other. Additionally, they were addicted to the drinking, or at least shedding, of blood. Whether they physically needed this blood is unknown, but it can be presumed to be a psychological need, similar to Death Knights and inflicting pain.

San’layn seem to be unable to spread their affliction properly to non-elves, though as evidenced by Embrace of the Vampyr, this doesn’t necessarily mean the vampirism part of their curse can’t be inflicted outside of elves, just that it will be temporary, and moreover, not cause true undeath.

I updated my character post. Let me know your opinion, if it’s ok with you as is. I took the liberty of creating a past connection between Nightbloom and Coolbreeze. I figured that during this recent Legion crisis, with so much movement going on within the Druid community, there’d bound to be a time when these two had met and perhaps completed a task together. If that was too presumptuous let me know and I’ll fix my post. :slight_smile:

No worries. It wasn’t an attempt to correct, but just to clarify… because I can be fastidious like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just stumbled across while writing up my background, and figured I’d share it with you.

Elun’dris is mentioned in the wowpedia page-list of known Darnassian words. Following it’s link took me to the Zin-Azshari page. Turns out, Elun’dris is the name of the capital city and heart of the Kaldorei Empire that was renamed Zin-Azshari when queen Azshara ascended to the throne. Here, Elun’dris is an ancient city, not an object.

For your rp story the Eye of Elune as an object will still work. As you’ve said you’re loosely following lore, so I don’t think there’d be an issue here. I certainly don’t have one. Again, I just wanted to share what I’d found.

For the record, Liara Leafmane is a former Darkshore Sentinel, so if anyone wants to RP recognizing her, despite the abuse she’s suffered, that’s fine by me.

Sorry to hear that. No problems with your profile, it looks great! You’re accepted now, can’t wait to see what you bring.

Okay, awesome! I just wanted some clarification, so you’re accepted now!

I love the background, and it is quite alright that you created a past connection between your character and Nightbloom. Since he’s a character I made it, I allow him to take on a life of his own. Kinda how I create all my characters. I’m planning on making him a full character sometime during the RP, but for now he’s just kind of existing.

No worries! I like being reminded of lore and things of that nature, makes my RPing much more… um, realistic?

That’s good to know! I don’t think it’ll really matter much if it’s an object in this RP. Also, apparently there is a page on WoWhead for the Eye of Elune as an NPC? So yeah, kind of all over the place.

1 Like

Maybe the Eye of Elune could be some artifact from Zin-Azshari from before the sundering. Priestesses of Elune would use it to help focus and amplify their magic. (Just and idea, and in no way connected to the lore lol)

Also, the Eye of Elune object and npc you saw on WOWhead is a fruit from around the moonwell in Malfurion’s breach. The npcs are the twin eyes of Elune used by (Tyrande?)

The quest that was in question is https://www.wowhead.com/quest=53990/in-darkest-night

Though the page lacks information regarding what happens in the quest so…

Spoiler Alert in link:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287754/battle-for-darkshore-the-night-warrior-alliance-questline-8-1-spoilers

It appears that, yes, it was the Eye of Elune that Tyrande used during the ritual to become the Night Warrior. Whether or not that should impact its presence in this RP, however, is up to Theta, as it is her thread.

Can a Dwarf become a Night Warrior? Ryu here already has a Primal side.

No, it’s a Night Elf only thing. I mean, if you really wanted to it’s okay.

The only race that’s been observed as being capable of undergoing the transformation is the Night Elves, though why is uncertain. Is it due to a special enchantment from Elune bestowed upon the race as a whole, or something in their physiology - perhaps something to do with the time the race has spent in Moonwells, or the Well of Eternity from millennia ago? Or is one simply required to have appropriate devotion to Elune - which only the Night Elves do, in game.

Without more information about what exactly occurs in this transformation, and the associated ritual, we can not say what the prerequisites for undergoing the change are. Though this IS stated that the ritual is so dangerous that all attempts to recreate it have failed… until Tyrande, that is.

I like that idea! Let’s go with that!

Now, concerning it’s use in the Night Warrior ritual, I feel that can play a big part in this RP if everyone wants? Does everyone want to stick to lore as closely as possible? If not, how would you guys feel about possibly making our characters go through the ritual if the RP advances that far ahead, possibly if we want to extend the RP past finding the Eye of Elune? Just an idea.

Also, I’m considering writing a story to help me define Nightbloom into a fool fledged character. It usually helps me to do this to make my characters feel more realistic since I can let them develop how they may. I was thinking about posting it into the forums, what do you guys think, since he’s kind of a main character in this RP?