Tier set bonuses for DF, go wild

Since we know tier sets are coming back in dragonflight, come up with your own tier set bonuses for whatever paladin spec is your favorite, or for all of them.

Ret 2set bonus: For every holy power you use, reduce the cool down on major abilities such as Wake of Ashes, Divine Toll, and Avenging Wrath.

Ret 4set Bonus: When casting Avenging Wrath gain Light’s Guidance. When Light Guidance is activated you will get free Divine Storm, or Final Verdict casts for 8 seconds.

Protection 2set bonus: After 15 casts of Judgement, or Avenger’s Shield gain Guardian of the Ancient Kings for two seconds.

Protection 4set: Become empowered while standing in Consecrate. Your Consecrate has a chance to let you cast Avenger’s Shield, or Judgement for free for three seconds with no recurring cool downs.

2 Likes

2pc: judgement does x% more damage
4pc: judgement generates 2 more holy power

Thats the most boring tier set idea ive ever seen lol, you could brainstorm a little more man

2pc: Final Verdict has a 35% chance to cast an empowered Divine Storm.
4pc: Divine Storm launches a Judgement at every target hit.

5 Likes

You roasted ol’ boys hypothetical fantasy tier set bonus! Tough crowd!

Prot

2-set: Consecrate becomes an “aura” that follows your movements and increases block chance by 2% for each unique enemy that enters for the next 15 seconds.

4-set: Consecrate ticks have a chance to cast Avenger’s Shield at three seperate enemies. Haste is increased by 1% for each enemy hit by bounce and lasts 20 seconds.

2pc: Art of war has a chance to proc wake of ashes and make it free.

4pc: targets hit by wake of ash has a chance to be hit by templars verdict/ or has a chance to cast a free tv or ds

Ret
2pc: While Avenging Wrath is active, each holy power finisher increases its duration by 2s.
4pc: While Avenging Wrath is on cooldown, each holy power finisher reduces its cooldown by 2s.

Though to be honest, I would prefer having some sort of baseline CDR on wings.
:crossed_fingers: for new talent trees

2 Likes

2pc Judgment debuff cannot be consumed or expire.
4pc Judgment debuff stacks infinitely.

BRING IT ON 14 MINUTE SYLVANAS, no big deal, just an extra 3500% holy damage.

2 Likes

This one pushes our damage outside of finishers, which would be a nice change of pace

• 2pc - Crusader Strike deals 100% more damage and activates Art of War.
  • 4pc - Art of War causes Blade of Justice to create an eruption of sacred blades from the ground after 1 sec, dealing (X% AP) Holy damage to all enemies within 8 yards of the targets initial location.

How about we make Consecration relevant to our rotation?

• 2pc - Consecration has a 15% chance to generate 1 Holy Power each time it deals damage to any enemies.
  • 4pc - Casting Consecration calls forth a beam of Light from the heavens. After accumulating power for 8 sec, the beam blasts enemies within for (8*X% AP) Holy damage to all enemies standing within.

Divine Toll is great, let’s keep it around a bit longer

• 2pc - Judgement damage increased by 50% and it increases the damage bonus of your next Holy Power ability by an additional 15%.
  • 4pc - Templar’s Verdict and Divine Storm have a chance to reset the cooldown of Judgement and cause your next Judgement to be cast on up to 4 additional enemies within range.

Putting the Wrath back into Hammer of Wrath, and encourages stacking some crit

• 2pc - Hammer of Wrath critical strikes cause you to gain Divine Purpose.
  • 4pc - Hammer of Wrath has a 50% increased critical strike chance against enemies above 80% health and below 20% health.

More wings uptime so you can get guaranteed criticals seems like fun

• 2pc - Avenging Wrath generates 3 Holy Power and causes your next Templar’s Verdict or Divine Storm to be a guaranteed critical strike.
  • 4pc - While Avenging Wrath is not active, Holy Power abilities reduce the cooldown of Avenging Wrath by 1 sec per Holy Power spent.
4 Likes

Great idea, the consecration one seems very focused on aoe but i love it so much

Also another idea i had using the current low damage of consecraiton.

2pc: Art of war drops a Concecration on the ground for 500% of its current damage.
4pc: Divine Storm consumes a Concecration increasing Divine Storm’s range, damage and duration to 5 seconds.

This would make our rotaiton more interesting by weaving divine storms here and there in single target.

Well, I’ve never done this before, so I expect I’ll make a fool of myself, but I have to crawl before I can run, so…

Holy 2pc: Three seconds after gaining the Infusion of Light effect, you can an additional Holy Power
Holy 4pc: Light of Dawn applies a HoT that heals for more the lower the health of the target.

The thinking is that granting more resources on a delay forces you to react but does provide a bonus, and that…well, Holy’s group healing could use a boost. Personally I’d like it if Blizzard unpruned Holy Radiance, but I’m not sure they’ll go that far.

I’d thought about adding one that makes Denounce provide Holy Power, but if that bonus existed, I suspect it might become OP mana-wise, since Denounce had no mana cost: we could spam Denounce, build Holy Power, and then cast LoD or WoG and be mana-positive while doing so. That’s assuming they unprune Denounce, which I very much hope they do!

The only real answer is to go back to the good old days

2set: Wings now has 3 charges.
4set: After using Avenging Wrath, your damage is increased by 5% every 1 sec for 10 sec.

1 Like

Holy
2set LoD range increased to 40 yards, allies healed gain Mark of Light for X seconds.
4set New Activated Ability Lights Grace, Heal all targets with Mark of Light for X amount.

Gives holy pallies a little more power when it comes to the AoE department as well as a strong on-demand group heal which in Dragonflight without divine toll or ashen hollow we’ll need.

1 Like