Tides of Vengeance Update Notes

What happened to the Warlock pvp buffs that were mentioned a few months ago in a blog post? I don’t think 10% stam is going to do anything (and really could’ve been hotfixed in)

So these notes have to be incomplete right? There are multiple shadow changes from the PTR that are not posted in these notes.

2 Likes

Found a mistake with AV patch notes, Ivus and lokholar only hover in the field of strife for 10 minutes not 15.

The Hype is real. -checks time till Tuesday. Rubs hands eagerly-

“Darkmoon Faire quest-based skillups now apply automatically to the most recent expansion profession progress that is not at its maximum.”

Thank you!

2 Likes

Cheers! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Keystone change sucks. Stop trying to force players into going through awfully balanced dungeons. Deleting keystones and trying to fish for better ones (which there is no guarantee of successfully happening btw) is a GOOD thing. It keeps people playing the game and allows them to do dungeons they ENJOY. Not the ones you are now trying to force down their throats.

Now, like everything else in this damn game, it’s just more RNG on whether or not you get a doable key.

9 Likes

“* Blizzard now applies a 50% snare for 1.5 seconds (was 50% snare for 15 seconds) and range increased to 40 yards (was 35 yards).”

Wasn’t this supposed to be buffed to 3 seconds from a previous PTR build?

Can blizzard tell us how much improvement we will see ?
“ * Integrated new multi-threaded performance optimizations for clients using DirectX 12 and Metal.”

Lol, I swear there are changes missing in these notes that were on the PTR. I’ll guess we will have to wait for the Reddit post to find out everything that was changed.

3 Likes

Priests of all specs had a lot of aura changes that aren’t in the patch notes at all. For instance Holy had a 4% buff to all healing. Shadow definitely did not have a 5% nerf to all damage.

I guess we just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

1 Like

so…basically my only fun in WOW are bgs, since BFA really sucks but I have fun in bgs even if I have to wait 15 min to play one.
I really don’t understand the nerf for the Horde in Alterac Valley, probably it means nothing because we will adjust and still win (not that we win all the time anyways) but I wonder, why this change in the map? any tactical reason or just a employee who wanted to made this random change?

• The relentless snow in Alterac Valley has raised the height of Stonehearth graveyard, making it more challenging for the Horde to assault.

Something not mention that might be useful info to know is what ilvl is needed for the new warfront?

2 Likes

Very easy to win altered valley these days . Go in the battle as alliance player .you can do it easily by talking to alliance npc standing at war hq in Zandalar

The horde has always held the tactical advantage in AV. The issue was that players generally want a fast paced easy honor game causing horde players to completely ignore their own advantages. Since the new changes implemented to NPC’s (scales with ilvl) the game has become longer and the horde has now taken advantage of their terrain features.

IBGY and Frostwolf keep both heavily outweigh the choke points that alliance have. As SHGY has two entrances, and Dun baladar has had a back door since vanilla. As a horde player I was 9/9 after taking a group of 15 to defend ibgy every game, the choke is the strongest in AV, and the alliance does not have a defensive point that comes near to the same strategical advantage that the choke provides for the horde.

What’s the point of removing dungeon groups from the LFG tool; why reduce functionality?

so, is Pathfinder 2 going to be released in 8.1? it’s hard to get around some of these places without Flying!

3 Likes

Whew lawd those Disc nerfs. Reaaadddyyyyy!

Looks terribly boring.

When your faction controls either Arathi Highlands or Darkshore, world quests will now be available in those zones, in place of the once-per-cycle kill quests that were previously offered for Arathi.

Overall looking forward to the new stuff, but kinda not thrilled about this, I gotta say. I like the current half a dozen quests that give a decently large reward and can be done once per cycle over more world quests that offer much smaller rewards because you’re expected to do more of them. Unless the rewards are the same, in which case, never mind. :slight_smile:

3 Likes