Thundering Pandaren Spirit

When the Warring Clans assault is on, the Thundering Pandaren Spirit phases out when you get close enough to pick up the quest.

It is right on the edge of the Vale and Kun-Lai Summit. If I move into Kun-Lai he isn’t visible at all. If I move into the Vale he appears, but moving close enough to pick up the quest means he phases out again even though I haven’t shifted into Kun-Lai.

Edit: I spoke with Zidormi to change the Vale back to pre-BfA and it made no difference. The phasing issue still occurred.

7 Likes

This is still a problem

I am having this issue also. It phases out when I get too close, and even if I click the buttons quick enough before he phases, the fight doesn’t start.

Yeah this is definitely still an issue. You can get close enough to open the dialogue but he fades out before you can do anything with it. Funny thing is you can still see the chat bubble above his head hanging in mid air. And I also cleared the area of things that could affect it (Quests & Such) and changed the time lines, none of it makes any difference. Also I tried to abandon the quest, just to see if that might free it up, but you cant even do that.

Update: Finally managed to get past the issue. Someone in the area showed me how. Seems theres a serious phasing issue in that particular area. You have to be in just the right spot for it to work, not to close but just close enough. I accomplished this by walking up to him directly from the south untill he disapeered, then slowly inching back till he reappeared, once your in this sweet spot, you can actsually sucessfully open the dialogue without it drawing you closer to him and making him disapeer again. Also just to confirm how bad the phasing issue is in that particular spot, the person who showed me how, kept phasing in and out of my sight while he was talking to me, though he claims he could see me at all times. So yeah clearly its still very much glitched, but at least there is a way to do it. Hope it helps.

7 Likes

This is still an issue.

This is still broken. The NPC only behaves normally during the N’zoth invasion.
You can only talk to the NPC to start the quest and battle in one very tiny little spot. Then you have to find that magic spot again after the battle to complete the quest.

2 Likes

It would take at most a few minutes for someone to change a few lines in the map editor or to move the NPC a few yards over.

A year later and it’s still broken in the same way. Further proof that posting to the bug report forum is completely pointless.

3 Likes

This is still an issue. I have been able to defeat the other three spirits and this guy is the last one I need. I have tried talking to Zidormi (was in BfA a few days ago and went to the past then for other stuff, today went back to “present time” and then back again to the past). I tried clicking on the Thundering Pandaren Spirit then its dialog box really fast, but can’t click on the Accept button.

Anyway… yeah, it would be pretty cool if this could please be fixed soon. Thank you.

Still an issue… talking to Zidormi doesn’t help and I can’t seem to find the spot to sneak up on him.

:laughing:

All the time in the world to change a Big Love Rocket on a whim but no time to fix actual broken things which have been reported on numerous times.

Confirmed, still an issue 3/17/2022

2 Likes

There are FOUR open threads on this problem, not including comments in Reddit et al when this was first reported here three years ago.

My own opened ticket was thrown into ‘answer uselessly by automation’ queue, and I ranted at three GMs before getting an appropriate reply.

Meanwhile, both Obalis in Uldum and Aki the Chosen in the Vale were relocated as part of the Black Empire phasing.

Why couldn’t the Thundering Pandaren Spirit either have better phasing lines drawn around its location, or have been moved even just in its little valley towards Kun-Lai to avoid phasing issues? Why does it take a minimum of three years for anybody to do anything practical about a multiply-reported issue – not that anything actually has been done yet?

1 Like

This is not a glitch. More than likely you have not completed “Return to Mistfall” which starts with “Mogu at the Gates”.

Run this script: “/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(57076))”. This will check if you have completed “Return to Mistfall”. It is more than likely false and you must complete the quest chain to remove the Mogu threat from the Gate of the August Celestials on the Kun-Lai Summit side. This will stop Thundering Pandaren Spirit from disappearing no matter what phase Vale of Eternal Blossoms or Kun-Lai Summit is in.

To check your progress on all quests leading up to “Return to Mistfall” run these scripts in order:

Mogu at the Gates: “/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(57067))”.
Kite Surveillance: “/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(57068))”.
Cut Off the Heads: “/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(57069))”.
Mogu Massacre: “/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(57070))”.
No Brew Left Behind: “/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(57071))”.
Yak of All Trades: “/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(57072))”.
Our Backs to the Gate: “/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(57074))”.
Liquid Courage: “/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(57075))”.

If you are missing any of these quests search them by name using Wowhead to find the NPC you need to speak to. “Return to Mistfall” will be the last step.

Stormspeaker Qian starts “Mogu at the Gates” and is underground. The entrance is at “/way #1530 40 75.3”. He is in the back at “/way #1530 44.6 74.0” no matter what phase Vale of Eternal Blossoms is in.

I shouldn’t have to do a whole questchain to access a single NPC that I’ve had access to all along. I do appreciate your answer, and it yet does not answer the question of why two other pet tamers were moved (one in the Vale itself) and this one is still a problem years later.