Thunderfury

Okay, I ran MC for warlock gear, on my warlock, and, for the first time ever, looted the Left side binding for Thunderfury, but I did not get any quest and I can’t click on it. Locks can use 1H swords and google is saying different things, that it was opened up and any class that can wield a 1H sword can do it. Other people say that only certain classes can actually get the quest and complete but Locks and other 1H sword users can transmog it.

So, can locks get the quest and complete the sword?

did

did someone say…

2 Likes

IIRC, you need to get both bindings and take them to an NPC in Silithus to start the quest. The bindings themselves don’t give it to you. (edit: apparently you can pick up the quest with just one, but you need both to complete it)

Now, an obligatory Thunderfury, Blessed Pile of the Thunderfuries:

2 Likes

[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

Pretty sure this is how it’s done.

Hope you have better luck on the right half than I’ve had.

Almost looks like a General Grievous kinda thing lol

1 Like

Right binding makes me twitch.

I have 7 characters killing that jerk. 3 Lefts 0 Rights.

i got a warrior with right and a pally with left

You just need one of the Bindings to start the quest and yes Warlocks can start it as my Aff lock has started it. I currently have 10 toons running it every week and who ever gets both first will be the one to finish the quest.

Yep, confirmed, I got the quest on my Lock.

The binding does not begin the quest when you loot it. You have to travel to Silithus to find Highlord Fancypants (just watched Army of Darkness on blu ray for the billionth time!), and talk to him. After several conversation pieces, he asks if you will undertake the mission to free some other Mr Fancypants, and then get the quest for the sword.

Highlord Fancypants is located in the Northwest of Silithus where the earth elementals are hanging out. Won’t have a quest marker on his head, you have to talk to him to initiate the quest.

This blade can even be found in the Urban Dictionary.:

“Sword used to be the ultimate troll and start crazy spamming in World of Warcraft.”

1 Like