Thread of fate is soon to be deactivated

Just check Kraken Latte video, Using ToF right now its the best option, once it’s removed there’s not any issue, you character will have to unlock covenants via SL campaing, any current ToF character can level up by any means to 60.

Besides that, I checked on Beta

https://scontent.fsyq2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/313221992_679833566702814_8961473615494827181_n.png?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=iZv2jii5u88AX-8AfvD&tn=ao2mXs6cY0AG9d7P&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyq2-1.fna&oh=03_AdQjX3iXANwKUzuK-wcyZZ3vRJjTdjIpH9nRPkvgX7jg3A&oe=6383156C

I can pick any other timeline with Chromie and level up

https://scontent.fsyq2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/312709572_1309148663159310_5532523042391888810_n.png?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=p0Z6xmOvNhsAX97nli4&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyq2-1.fna&oh=03_AdTE-8gJ7eCrMAw_H2Rxn8Mcw0QQUgBMC9AgzF8NhveIHQ&oe=63809325

There’s not anything to worry about ToF

4 Likes

I feel like the OP is confusing how threads of fate works (just completing/unlocking a few things) for how Chromie time works (a separate phase of the world with level scaling).

I can think of one or two corner cases where a bug could theoretically hide, but I don’t think they’re worth fretting about.

4 Likes

Uh yeah it’s always been like that. Only with the Chromie time update you do have a way out. Are you so over SL you can’t bear it anymore? Leave maldraxxus akd go talk to Chromie and do legion till 60. Voila. This is good not bad news

as has already been explained to you a multitude of times…

hopefully it’s a little clearer now…?

3 Likes

This was already answered. You stay in it.

Players currently in Threads of fate can continue through it, but the option will not be available for any new characters.

From Blizzards mouth. Not a player. Blizzards.

1 Like

Alrighty, better get more of my alts into that before it goes away then come back 2 years later when I finally get around to them.

1 Like

Nothing. They stay the same. The blue post literally tells you that.

What are you on about? Either finish ToF or don’t. The system doesn’t care. If you want Chromie Time, go use it. If you don’t, finish ToF.

5 Likes

I got trolled, and out of curiosity I looked to see what other forums the person had commented on and found this. The OP posted 4 comments that is out of 24 comments at the time of writing this. That is a ratio of 5:1 as in 5 comments telling him he is wrong to every 1 comment he made, that is very excessive. Blizzard flags label trolling as ‘This post is inflammatory, extraneous or upsetting’. This means while some comments may have overlapped in posting most likely half the comments on this thread are extraneous a.k.a. trolling. I don’t think anyone here mean to be trolls but if someone has already said what you want to say ‘like’ their comment and don’t post how you like their comment as that is trolling. Not going to flag anyone for trolling but hopefully this opens some eyes to reflect on their behaviors.

The issue with the change to Threads of Fate is that if you want to put characters in there for the purpose of transmog, mounts, pets, and achievements at some point in the future, you need to get them into Threads of Fate now. Because later, if you want access to Shadowlands, you will have to do THE WHOLE FREAKING FOUR ZONES WITH NO SKIPS ON EVERY NEW CHARACTER.

I’d be concerned about the continued mental health of someone who tried to do that too often, ie burnout.

So pop those characters into Threads of Fate before it disappears. My guess is you will be able to level with Chromie time at your convenience.

Or you can wait and pay me for a warlock summon. Will be available both Horde and Alliance, group discounts available!

2 Likes

Sounds like he needs a few more to me.

1 Like

Someday I would love to know how you can post a laughing Star Trek gif and nothing else and not get your post/account suspended for trolling, I truly can’t imagine a more perfect example at how not to act in a forum.

I would like to know that as well. My guess, and this is just a guess, is that most people enjoy various amusing posts. You should try having a little joy in your life, you might make some friends.

Thanks for the unwarranted and incorrect insult.

You are very welcome!

So sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

My only concern is on beta, last time I tried, if you’re in ToF, you’re trapped - you can’t access Chromie Time.

And if 20 of my toons are trapped in Threads of Fate, I may as well just quit at that point. Lol.

That’s pretty annoying. Would be nice if we could get a clarification.

They want you to stay there no matter what. No way homie, never ever ever touching SL again. Place is cursed.

If that doesn’t get fixed, then I’m deleting my level 50 alts. Because I am NOT going through SL content ever again.

1 Like