Thread of fate is being removed from shadowlands (soon)

Keep calling me a troll when I was spouting out facts. The ignorance of it all is insurmountable.

Yeah, I mean can they really deny it now?

Threads of Fate was my favorite way to level up. You could earn tons of renown, gear, and experience just by doing objectives in the four zones. It was always just an option.

There is no way I am ever going to do the Shadowlands leveling campaign again. And now, I will never choose Shadowlands for Chromie Time.

9 Likes

Yeah, it was pretty awful.

2 Likes

They’ve been doing the head in the sand thing for quite a while now, eh? But if getting access to all four zones means a player has to do all the quests, they really don’t want new characters going there.

It was probably a technical issue that they don’t have the expertise or resources to solve, even though the announcement is doing mental gymnastics to convince you that this is somehow for game design reasons.

1 Like

Yeah, I hadn’t thought it through all the way, but Blizzard keeps making poor choices.

1 Like

So my question is if they’ve already put in the work to make sure it’s functional, since it won’t kick anyone out, then why not just leave it in? You’ve literally already done the hard part!

Threads wasn’t perfect (I wish I could have done story missions, just out of order) but it was nice for tons of people and a nice change of pace for those levelling alts, both old and new.

2 Likes

Oh, given their post history, I don’t blame you. lol

My take on their removal of it:

“We decided that the Shadowlands experience wasn’t bad enough, so we removed Threads of Fate to make it worse.”

2 Likes

The way I read the removal post, if you don’t start Threads of Fate on a character before it goes away, you won’t be able to access Shadowlands level cap content tied to story progression without actually doing the whole Shadowlands story.

1 Like

I doubt there were technical issues. I think they realized that Shadowlands will continue to be bad for player retention as long as players level there. They want everyone to forget.

That’s what I’m assuming, as well. Which makes me wonder if Chromie Time isn’t changing until DF release. Because otherwise, what are Dracthyr supposed to do? How would they get the conduits and soulbinds added for them?

damn didnt they say they would bring threads back in DF

Yep.

Not many would go here. Necrotic wake with a bunch of level 15’s? that crap will make freehold look good. I’ve been the only interrupt in freehold in a noob crew… Not a good place to be really.

interrupt DPS! I did dude. its called a cd…I am on it. and I am the only 1. freehold at least you can skip to boss 4 after 1. it has that.

and at 70 ding like BFA, legion, TBC, etc new players can take a portal and jsut be there no story at all.

They could kill it now but its needed for new/boosties still.

My boosty draenei rogue did the SL intro bits via TOF start in case I needed a covenant to get all those renown based pvp unlocks.

I think it’s called “Adventure Mode” in DF and allows off-rail leveling in the zones once you have done the leveling campaign on your account, but it is different from Threads of Fate in that it doesn’t auto-complete (i.e. remove) all of the story quests. So with Adventure Mode, you’re adding objectives to the zones rather than simply replacing the story campaign.

1 Like

I’d like to set coordinates for my tactical nuke, instead of the garrison, set it to shadowlands.

No it is real:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-beta-development-notes/1278546/20

If I didn’t need that rogue to lose crap boosty gear with shake and bake pvp gear…mograine would eternally be in front of SW looking for my champion. Champion come see the fate that has befallen your leaders.

Mograine…I wanted blood elves or z trolls making sure Jaina never left that tower. alive and in one piece anyway…

No, they said something similar. But it’s more like Legion or BfA. You get to choose your zone and do all of the quests, including main story, plus world quests and bonus areas.

Same - so very, very same. I mean the dungeons were okay, I might Chromie time into them now and then. But level there? Heck naw