Thrallmar Mage won't port to Dark Portal?

I understood that to get to the Dark Portal, since Blizz. decided to remove all of the portal hubs in the game, you talked to the Thrallmar Mage in the Portal Room in Org., and he would send you, but he does not do so, he simply explains the portal to Shattrath??
Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug??
Thanks in advance!!

5 Likes

I could be wrong but my understanding was that some portals like that come and go based on whether or not you are in the correct level range pr doing the relevant content.

Could be wrong tho and i cant remember where i heard that. Tho i will say if thats how it works its dumb that the portal mages would ā€œforgetā€ a portal.

heā€™s bugged imho, he works for my rogue, but not others characters.

4 Likes

When youā€™re on the Outland intro quest, the Thrallmar mage will port you directly to the other side of the portal. There is no way to port to the Blasted Lands now.

He has offered different ports to my different characters with no rhyme or reason. Some get ported to WoD intro Blasted Lands. Some get ported to Outland. Some donā€™t get ported anywhere. Some are on-level for Outland and canā€™t get a port there. Some have done all the quests in Hellfire and are lvl 100+, and he ports them there. I reported it on day one of the portal room, but so far as I can tell, nothing has been done.

I personally feel the whole deal of removing portals was done very poorly. A portal room is a great ideaā€“if it actually had all the portals we need.

17 Likes

Completely agree on all points.

Half of it makes no sense. A guy that canā€™t decide if or where he will port you; no portal to the Shrine, because we couldnā€™t very well leave the portal to Jade Forest right where it was with other zone portals; and no portal to Dalaran in Broken Isles, because we all know that the middle of nowhere Aszuna is exactly where we all want to be.

7 Likes

Thanks guys, but he is not offering anything except telling you to go to Shattrath now, no portals nothing to click at allā€¦
Going by way of Shatt. is slow and tedious really, but I guess if I need to get to Eastern Kingdoms, I can just port to UC. because that is why I wanted to port to the portal, to be in EK, from Kalimdorā€¦
In any case, Thanks for the responses!!

Personally, I feel it was a ridiculous move to wipe out all the portals in the game, but they seem to be on a sweeping changes kick nowadays, for some reason. It is almost starting to seem like not the same game anymore, with SO many of the fun and helpful parts being trampled out by these Devs on a mission.

I truly wish they would just STOP IT. and just leave the game be.

2 Likes

Take the portal to Silvermoon, maybe?

They seem to think that by making zones more of a pain to get to, it makes the world fullerā€¦

1 Like

My 2 lvl 60s couldnā€™t get the guy to port them, they were told to go to Shatt :woman_shrugging:

I figured they did this whole thing to increase their time played metric. It is too bad as the old portal system was fantastic and I never heard anyone complain about it.

ā€¦ just go through the Dark Portal from Outland to Blasted Lands (?)

If you guys want an easy teleportation system, the mage class is waiting for you.

@ Leinadh
That seems ignorant honestlyā€¦
what so now the only enjoyable class in the game will be Mage?? Then why even bother to offer other classes??

1 Like

The alliance one works. The horde one doesnā€™t.

To get to blasted lands the fastest way for Horde isā€¦
Go to undercity. Go to the mage portal there to HFC. THen go through the portal to blasted lands.

(They wanted it to be less complicated but itā€™s sorta more complicated right now)

4 Likes

It was a parody of a famous devā€™s comment, nothing more.

Your not alone. BFA was done poorly.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand why they canā€™t have a Nethergarde Keep mage that will teleport you to Nethergarde Keep and an Honor Hold mage to teleport you to Honor Hold. And the same thing for Horde locations.

I swear, the people who set up this stuff havenā€™t done anything but raid in a decade.

1 Like

It seems odd that this has been made so complicated.

The only way I could see to make it work was to:

1. Go up the Zeppelin tower and use the portal to Undercity.
  2. When you arrive, click on the portal there to Hellfire.
  3. Turn around and go back through the portal.
4 Likes

This is the fastest way right now, if you donā€™t want to wait for the zepellin. Those things take forever. (not to mention they occasionally bug)

Iā€™m 99% certain the portal to hellfire peninsula is no longer in under city, all that remains is the portal to silvermoon upstairs and the portal back to org in the mage quarter.

Fastest route now seems to be:

Org to UC using the zeppelin tower portal.
If you arrive by Zidormi, ask for her help to ā€˜view past eventsā€™.
UC to Stranglethorn Vale using the zeppelin tower portal between UC and Brill.
Then fly / flightpath east to Blasted Lands.

2 Likes