Thrall is gonna save Baine and kill Sylvanas

I am really not a fan of Sylvanas, but that would be really unfortunate to reinstate Thrall. The story has moved on since 2009.

7 Likes

I guess Blizzjam’s loveboner for nostalgia went full circle. First it was the old horde during wod, and now Thrall will return the horde into a more peaceful existence.

Yes. Perhaps finally with a orc raised by humans we will have a warchief that can provide us stability. God knows we seem unable to do so without some form of Alliance influence, if only in a small way.

2 Likes

You act like Thrall is more ‘Alliance’ than Sylvanas when she lived as a High Elf for thousands of years fighting Trolls alongside Human allies

And took a human for her lover

4 Likes

Thrall, the guy who left us a lot of problems that we are dealing with the ramifications today becoming Warchief again?

He will be given the same respect as a dad who left their kids to get a pack of smokes.

Edit: I knew that is tasteless comparison but that is how I feel about him now.

4 Likes

You realize Thrall doesn’t exist right?

Thrall didn’t decide any of this, the writers put him on the bench.

It’s wholly irrational of you to hate Thrall for the writers benching him but hate the writers for what Sylvanas has done this expansion.

These double standards seem pretty common from the Sylvanas cohort as the only way you could still support her I suppose.

When Thrall was Warchief, the Horde barely did anything.

Naw I am cool with sylvannas or anyone else

Isn’t it equally irrational to hate Sylvanas for herself but to give the writers a pass on Thrall? People have meta feelings about Thrall. People have in-universe games about Thrall. Ibid for Sylvanas. Nothing unfair about it.

More to the point, fatigue with Thrall’s angst and apparent lack of commitment to the Horde is a perfectly reasonable place for players and characters to be.

2 Likes

The difference is I don’t give Thrall a pass for the writer’s benching him. I’m completely consistent in my judgment.

I am logically judging them both and disappearing seems far less criminal than what Sylvanas has done.

I don’t need to go through mental gymnastics to defend my opinions like it seems people need to do for Sylvanas. Giving Sylvanas a pass of ‘it isn’t really her, the writer’s ruined her’ but holding it against Thrall for disappearing randomly as if the writing team isn’t just as responsible - that is wholly inconsistent and double standards.

People are just fabricating excuses for any reason to hate anyone who turns against Sylvanas and no matter what she does, they will just turn it into an excuse to like her even more.

The whole position can be summarized as "any time Sylvanas does something I shouldn’t like, it’s the writer’s fault, but any time a character opposed to Sylvanas does something I shouldn’t like, it’s the character’s fault"

1 Like

I think it’s possible you’re being unfair to Sylvanas supporters, then.

1 Like

I’ve heard dozens if not hundreds of people this expansion echo the position I am representing on these forums so I fail to see how I’m being unfair to them.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue: There are hundreds of Sylvanas supporters on the story forum?

1 Like

Actually maybe, but I when I said ‘these forums’ I meant the Warcraft forums to include both GDF and SF.

Are you trying to tell me you don’t see this phenomena?

1 Like

Well, I live exclusively on SF, so I don’t know what things are like on the GDF.

On the SF, though–no, not really. Most people I’d classify as Sylvanas supporters…people like Darethy from back at the beginning of the expac, for example…try to use in-universe logic to justify Sylvanas’s unsavory decisions, arguing that she’s right to see the Alliance as an intractable enemy. This is where the pRAgMatiC meme comes from.

There are people who say “her character was ruined by the writers,” but with few exceptions I don’t usually see them as Sylvanas supporters. They don’t want to continue with her as warchief. They’re pretty burned out on the story in general and think the whole mess needs to get trashed.

Really, though, both groups are small. The first seems to have vanished completely after 8.1 or so, and the second group has like…4 representatives on the SF. The vast majority of people just don’t like Sylvie.

1 Like