Thrall and Jaina in Dragonflight?

So there’s an edit war going on over on the Dragonflight page on wowpedia, someone keeps placing Thrall and Jaina in the Returning figures without any evidence and it has me curious… Do you think that they will feature in the expansion? Do you want them to feature? Either way, what role would you suspect them to have in Dragonflight?

For me I do think that Thrall would feature. We are dealing with protodragons infused with the powers of the elements, which just screams get a shaman to look at that to me. Plus Thrall aided the aspects during Cataclysm, so it just makes sense for me to have him present.

Now when it comes to Jaina, I don’t know if she’ll be involved. Khadgar is involved and could fill the mage role for the expansion. Kalec is also seemingly going on a personal quest, though she could always have a small role helping him or something.

2 Likes

I would hope that Thrall does, since all they’ve done with him for ten years is repeat the same three story beats. It’s time for him to become a respectable main cast figure.

16 Likes

I could see Jaina appearing in Kalec’s story due to their offscreen history. As for Thrall maybe, but his role in Cata in relation to the dragonflights was to act as a stand in Neltharion as the Aspect of Earth. Plus as a mortal, Thrall can use the dragon soul without killing himself. Nothing more, nothing less. So basically Thrall was just a powerful mortal shaman that could act as a temp aspect of earth while the real aspect of earth was doing whatever N’zoth commanded of him.

3 Likes

Jaina’s had enough story for the next decade.
Being Kalec’s ex isn’t even interesting.

17 Likes

This is almost what the hardcore Sylvanas fans sounded like throughout BfA.

“They used her alot but havent used her right… one more time…”

No thanks please. Can Thrall go back to what ever he was doing? I had Thrall fatigue back when he was kill stealing us in WoD. And then he came back.

I can attest to the fact that many feel the same about Thrall.

I think it is a good sign that Blizzard decided to put Anduin and Sylvanas on a shelf for a while, but they could put away Jaina and Thrall too. Give some different Characters a chance to be relevant.

They both are powerful enough to be called upon for any crisis. Both have dominated the lore enough that their reach extends from the Afterlife to Dragons to AU Draenor. So they both can be in almost any mix - but how about giving other characters a chance?

5 Likes

I’d like to see Thrall actually lead the orcs for once. The only orcs we’ve seen him talk to that he wasn’t directly related to in like 10 years are Saurfang and Garrosh.

3 Likes

That argument is made in bad faith, as is Sylvanas’s.
Sylvanas has been the Horde’s enemy since vanilla. The Horde just wasn’t aware of that.
We’ve sat without an orc racial leader for multiple expansions now.
Hell, we had to find out that Saurfang was the one through Twitter.
Orcs have been poorly represented forever. So’ve the trolls.
I asked Dahar who the troll racial leader was in discord and he had no idea.

Big same, homie.

2 Likes

Well, neither really… don’t make sense in a setting like the Dragon Isles considering their personal histories with dragons.

Maybe they’ll get the Baine treatment and just sit somewhere visible for the entire expansion while the real characters do stuff.

Thrall would if he became a dragonrider.
Of course, being related to an expansion is an Alliance-Only thing these days, but a man can dream.

2 Likes

So true. If you want an expansion to be about your faction and it’s latest soul-searching storyline of genocide and colonialism, the Horde is waiting for you.

3 Likes

::He would look at Legion and Shadowlands.::
::He would look at this post.::
https://i.imgur.com/iXA8N6F.jpg

1 Like

Peers at Legion and Shadowlands, stories told entirely by factions that are neutral and have nothing to do with the Alliance, but the Alliance has some characters involved with, thus allowing the Alliance to relate to those expansions.

Yep, that checks out.

1 Like

No, it is a legitimate opinion.

People were complaining about Green Jesus/Moses hogging the screen in Cata. And that was before he was kill stealing us in WoD, and taking his sweet time picking a weapon in the Maw.

Sylvanas, Thrall, and Jaina are popular characters with intense fanbases… but there are folks who are tired of dealing with the same marquee names over and over, and want to see different characters. That is not a bad faith argument.

There are many Characters that are underused. Instead of Jaina, why not split the screen time between many mages - Rommath, or Thalyssra, and maybe some Alliance Mage, like Umbric or some Night Elf Mage.

Instead of Thrall doing… everything… split his role between lesser known characters. Or new characters. Blizz can expand on Zekhan, and bring some Dwarf Shaman out of obscurity. As far as Orc leaders, Thura has the pedigree, or maybe Garona, or Geyarah, or Cromush, or new ones.

One of Blizzard’s many missteps with Sylvanas is that they set up the Forsaken as so deeply entwined with her, she didn’t leave much of a bench behind to replace her. But they are putting her on a shelf, and working that out. Blizzard seems to be filling that roster in with new comers like Voss and Calia, as well as bringing Characters like Velonara out of the background. And there is Forsaken lore being discussed for a coming patch.

Putting Characters like Thrall and Jaina and Sylvanas away for a few years helps the whole lore develop.

8 Likes

I felt hella neutral riding Tyrande’s cat through night elven lands to save her night elven husband, to put her night elven dragon down as an act of mercy as the goddess of night elves herself made the night elven dragon into night elven dragonstars, then sent her to night elven ardenweald where the night elven winterqueen bound her to her realm as we saved only night elven souls with the Ardenweald quest chain.

He had less time than any of the Alliance figures who have led the day.
He absolutely had less time than Sylvanas, even in Shadowlands.
Bad faith is bad faith.

7 Likes

Yeah, just like I did helping out Baine’s future Girlfriend/beard while moving around Mulgore, Mountain Edition.

Oh, especially the multiple patches long story about the Nightborne, can’t forget about them.

1 Like

Firstly,

Secondly, Highmountain wasn’t Horde at the time. The Horde content got flat cut out of the story. Baine was originally going to be there.
Highmountain becoming Horde doesn’t retroactively change the questing experience that you and I had.
Tyrande is leader of ALL night elves.+*
Baine is not chieftain of all Tauren.

*Citation: a b c World of Warcraft: Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 88 - 89

7 Likes

Funnily enough, Val’sharah is more of a Cenarion Circle zone than a Night Elf one, so… yeah.

They can’t have Baine actually do anything, so no wonder it got cut.

1 Like

Where are all of the non night elven druids within Valsharrah?
The Order Hall?
:smirk_cat:

tru

1 Like

Where were they prior to World of Warcraft when Blizzard decided that the Tauren should also be Druids?

No idea, that’s irrelevant.
Your claim is that Valsharrah is druid territory and not night elven.
Your claim seems to be that we don’t see them because tauren druids didn’t exist before WoW’s launch.
Valsharrah happened after WoW’s launch.
If Valsharrah was Druid town and not night elf town, we’d see non nelf druids in all of the towns instead of just the order hall.

But really, you’ve forgotten about the temple of elune.

2 Likes