Thoughts on the proposed shadow changes

Because they’ve essentially been regected (along with their “fantasy”) :rofl:

Fantastic to see change, but as mentioned, feedback is vital :purple_heart:

Now, with change, and the removal of band aid solutions, there’s a chance Shadow can mechanically shine.

We’re not stuck with the Legion / BFA loop. Make the most of this.

4 Likes

same I cant wait for people to test it on stream, so i can see if its fun or not and resub

thats cool and all but that shouldnt come at the expense of people who played the class for over a decade. people who play shadow as an alt or rolled one in legion shouldnt take precedence over those who had this class for years. like i said in another thread. if blizzard wants a new class make a new class. dont literally delete one and replace it. especially with something like voidform that naturally doesnt work in this game. suck it up, voidform fan boys.

3 Likes

Having better numbers, or a better flow of damage that matches up better with the meta doesn’t mean it’ll be fun

For someone like me, I highly dislike big CDs, or damage windows. Even if this change provides better on demand damage and flow, I still have to manage a big CD, and that is not fun

1 Like

Not banned, you never ban someone for disagreement or you become as bad as they are. That said everyone needs to come out hard against them and ensure that the Developers understand they do not speak for us on any level.

I don’t think Ryeshot will be happy unless everything is reverted to the ruinous state we’re on Live and were on course for in SL. Part of me wonders if they aren’t Odinreborn’s main or perhaps a Developer who had a personal investment in the original Voidform concept.

We need to overwhelm them with our thoughts and we can’t relent until this goes live. But even then, we need to stay vigilant as we’re always one loudmouth away from being changed again and for the worse. Look how we got here to start, and you’ll understand why I say this. Bad ideas need to be shot down and fought tooth and nail.

10 Likes

Yeah I agree with you 100%. I also mentioned elsewhere that it should have just been made a different class or spec.

Their rage is warranted, as was ours when our favorite characters were deleted for basically no reason other than to “fulfill a fantasy” we didn’t ask for. I just don’t think being rude to Void Form lovers is really the way to go. Not that we anti-VF players haven’t received the same thing in the past…

Anyway. I’ve been playing priest since Wrath. I’m happy to see the changes and I welcome them with a smile on my face and childlike excitement that my favorite character may finally make me happy the way it did when I was younger.

4 Likes

I think they meant specifically for arguing / derailing the feedback thread.

6 Likes

Are they trying to do that? If they are, then maybe a silence but not a ban.

I dunno a ban seems draconian to me, but I get you.

i dont even know why ryeshot cares. rye can still go to the barbershop and farm old content for mounts with these changes.

1 Like

I tried to pull the thread together twice. Thankfully it stopped. Arguing, especially where Blizz is looking for feedback and not insults between players, will get us nowhere.

Do me a favor and point that out to Kaivax, Vamp. Tell him Ryeshot does not speak for us and that he should merely look to the General forums if he needs feedback . Might also mention that she’s going to troll that thread, much like the efforts by Odinreborn to undermine feedback on our forum.

For everyone else, I recommend we simply perma ignore Ryeshot and leave it there. We can do that on the forums and it’s the best way to excommunicate a player that’s trying to damage the class because ‘they lost the argument’.

That’s not something I will be doing. But their comments / lack of willingness to provide feedback to make what we have now got as good as possible, does sadden me.

5 Likes

I still recall how she said: “Shadow Priest isn’t for you now.”

Now she knows how this feels, and how most of us have felt for four miserable years. I am sorry for her, but I won’t respond to her at this point, because unless she showcased a willingness to heed other views beside her own, and work with the greater community as a whole; I see little reason to trade words with her.

Right now we need to focus on giving feedback on the changes, not fighting them as she seems to for petty reasons. She should consider herself fortunate. Legacy of the Void will allow her to at least have the playstyle she wants somewhat. No such affordance was given to the rest of us who mained Priest for near a decade or more.

5 Likes

As much as I’d like to make all feedback in favor of Legion/BFA Void Form disappear I don’t necessarily think that’s fair or professional.

I’ve already had a few moments where I’ve been rude to Blizz on the feedback forums and it would be hypocritical of me to bash Shot or Nyelle for defending something that they loved. My displayed frustration was significantly less intense than what happened earlier but anger or frustration can come out in many different forms.

Even if I don’t agree with their opinions I think it should be heard. I think they deserve to have the spec that they are passionate about, just not shadow priest, because that’s not what shadow was before and it shouldn’t have been forced into it to begin with. But arguing incessantly in a place that should be displaying brief periods of thought and reflection on the current situation is a bit unacceptable.

It’s important to remember that the feedback forums are there as a way to discuss something with Blizzard and not insult each other based on the feedback they give.

This.

2 Likes

i know right. “shadow isnt for you.” like wtf? ive been playing priest since vanilla. maining it since tbc. what do you mean its not for me? ryeshot is an entitled pos.

1 Like

Not banning for disagreement. Banning for spamming without constructive feedback. That thread isnt for back and forth nonsense

4 Likes

Not going to say a PoS myself, but definitely s/he’s been very condescending and rude.

Well I’m not on the beta, so I’ll leave it to you guys consensus.

Edit:

Here’s the post for people who wonder what we’re speaking of. Linxy posted the changes, and the first words to come out of Rye’s mouth was this give or take. It was very much a “You didn’t do what I commanded, so I’m taking my toys and going home” statement.

ill say it. ryeshot can get bent.

3 Likes

That’s fair. I just don’t want to see this whole thing go to pot after how hard everyone’s worked because of a few people who are spamming or attacking people trying to get the class back into a workable state. The changes are solid ones and this feels like a step in the right direction finally.

1 Like

I have to agree. Seeing all of that unravel on the feedback forums was kind of worrying. More in a sense of “this is can get this entire thing thrown out and we are back to square one” rather than “this is uncalled for and unprofessional.”

We made significant progress with these changes. The fact that Void Form is still present allows players who enjoy it to have the peace of mind that it could be used elsewhere, anyway. Whether they choose to find peace in that or not it is still there. When we lost Devo Plague it was just gone.

7 Likes