Thoughts on Remix Overall, with 73 Days to Go

I really liked the leveling. Being able to get abilities on any characters like sprint, blink or pursuit of justice it made it a bit more fresh and made it have less downtimes. Being able also to do a whole expansion tour with the achievements for some meaningful cosmetic rewards for me was pretty fun.

The ability also to raid while leveling is probably one of my favorite part. They are a great way to take a break of doing the same dungeons/quests and a great way to play with more people in an mmo.

I don’t think we can hide that the endgame tuning and content was a mess early on. After having cleared the raids on normal and one heroic and with cataclysm coming it felt right to take a break from remix. Progressing through raw grinding days after days for upgrades rather than just doing the content and dropping better gear felt very unsatisfying same as the gear being able to roll stats that are completely irrelevant to your damage.

14 Likes

I HAVE THOUGHT OF A 3RD THING:

Rare were explicitly stated to be able to drop their rare rewards like mounts and such on ~April 11th I believe? It was then expressed that haha it actually isn’t. I think honestly that should be looked at and revisited, it would potentially deal with some bronze issues to just be able to get the drop. Is it an issue with the loot table? Is it just a decision the increase the playtime of the mode? I’ve been told recently to convey that a handful of people are even just farming the rares/world bosses on retail instead because it feels more worth their time than the Remix versions.
Speaking of, make World Bosses drop bronze, why don’t they?

39 Likes

I had fun. I didn’t play it as much as others have. I got a character to 70, made about 100k bronze, and got basically every transmog that I wanted and a few extra. I’m not someone who is trying to get every achievement or appearance though.

The tinkers and other class abilities were fun and you could make some interesting combinations. Some combos were super bursty and you’d destroy packs as soon as you touched them.

Early on, the progression was slower than I think it should have been. I was still leveling pretty quickly, but cloak progression was definitely slower (outside of frogs) and things seem to be better now. I’m glad that more activities are giving guaranteed cloak power ups like dungeons and raids.

I do think at least a partial discount on bronze upgrades should be account wide. Just like in retail, you can get a discount if you have another character with higher level gear. If it works for flightstones, why not bronze?

Overall, I think it’s in a decent spot now. If you were to do this again, use this as a starting point, and add a few more QoL improvements like people have mentioned, it should be good

10 Likes

Levelled four 70s so far. I happened to be on vacation for a bit so made a couple mount/xmog mules and have a main that focus on gearing. Have to echo some things already said. The drop in 60-70 is rough, this might be offset if we upped the thread count earlier to keep them.

This leads into my part 2 of the cloak, think it should be shared between max characters. The silly damage is out in the world might as well embrace it. That or include a mechanic maybe where over time it picks up more and more so folks behind get caught up quickly. This model would be you gain a large multiplier (4-5 times drop rate) which slows down as you get closer to the average of active players.

Scrapping of gear, this is a minor gripe, but upgraded pieces really should return more. Felt pretty terrible when I scrapped my 472 blue and got 29 bronze.

The RP in some cases is a bit much. Certain scenarios, we got cool powers one shot mobs, but now you stand there wondering did we bug it out? The time delay made sense then, but now its just too much.

I see it as a silly use of time to farm some mounts and mogs. My personal expectation is it will thin out considerably soon as folks get their items. Overall, I enjoyed it personally for a thing to do in the dry season and wouldn’t mind doing it for other xpacs with some tweaking down the road. My biggest fear for this type of mode, is someone starts worrying too much of “competitive balance” and suck the fun out of it.

The TLDR bullets:

1. I have had fun with it.
  2. The cloak xp should be shared more with alts.
  3. New/late players should have a cloak/bronze catch up.
  4. Bronze should have more varied sources.
  5. Spirit of this is not competitive, so please don’t go overboard on curbing player power.
  6. Would do it again.
17 Likes

(currently putting in ~1 hour daily at 70, for 20k bronze)

Short fun list:

• Revisiting old content with an active playerbase.
  • Doing the achievements for new rewards and bronze caches.
  • Leveling with new abilities and passives.
  • Playing around with passives for interactions.
  • Raids being a meaningful addition to leveling.
  • Finally having a predictable path to rare mounts and transmogs.

Neutral/felt bad/potentially inevitable:

• Fully low level tank+healer in dungeons (11-15? can’t remember) felt frustrating due to lack of abilities/tank incoming damage - if this was a scaling thing fixed later I wouldn’t know.
  • Where are the PvP set/weapon cosmetics?
  • Being carried by random high ilvl/lvl20 players. I personally don’t like just walking and looting. Especially because this leads to the other end extreme struggle/tension situations when nobody is carrying, as players who aren’t familiar suddenly need to do mechanics/play the game.
  • Similar overworld issues where highly geared players swoop in and often kill things needed for remix achievements in 1-3 GCDs.
  • Initial leveling speed was slow - might be more about assuming it would be faster / being unaware of the exp boosts from raids.
  • Bagspace and management of actives/passives/gems. Scrapping anywhere is nice, but getting used to doing it took time.

Not fun:

• Having to pick between expensive temporary gear upgrades and permanent collection items. I’d love to play stronger characters. Going from rare(blue) 346 to 444 (nearest 100 ilvl) is about 310k bronze, which at my current bronze gain would take me about a week factoring in bronze to 70. And then another two weeks to “cap” rare(blue) gear for about 580k bronze. What else costs about 540k bronze? Every mount. Add another 100k for every toy. And this isn’t even accounting for epics at 556.
  • Scaling between 60 and 70 - both playing and seeing others trip over nothing after doing just fine is frustrating.
  • Removing the collectables from their original source. They’re up more often now, so why can’t I try my luck in remix, and then buy them if I have no luck? If this was to shift players away from AFKing
  • Having lower item level gear leads to either needing charitable people to carry you, or avoiding harder content altogether.

I would save time every day with better gear, but gear is temporary, dailies get stale, and I’d like to be done with the collection sooner rather than later when the measuring unit is weeks. On days with more time, I might level extra characters, but they would also get parked for dailies at 70 because upgrading them isn’t serving me after remix ends.

Scrapping 556 epics currently reward the same as scrapping 346 uncommon(greens).
If bronze is staying as a currency for both collection and gear, I’d love to see scrapping upgraded gear return the entire upgrade sum(I’m sure this is hard to do with discounts etc). Don’t make it a bronze loss to upgrade.

29 Likes

First before all the negativity: I’ve spent a lot of time playing this mode, particularly the first weekend, and overall it’s been fun.

The actual content:

This is maybe the most disappointing part. I did get a lot of nostalgia hits while playing, but in the end… I could just do this content on my regular characters. Remix provides incentive, but the actual content is the same. When it first got revealed, I was expecting it to actually be a “rerun” of MoP but with wacky powers, including letting people who missed the Barrens campaign and legendary questline experience those. The content, mind you, not the limited time rewards. One thing I do have to point out here as a positive is the ability for people to unlock access to the Ordos plateau without having done the legendary questline. That’s great, content shouldn’t be removed so giving access to people who missed it is fantastic.

Leveling early:

I’ll be honest, it didn’t really feel any different to how I remember doing Pandaria with heirlooms feeling. The quests are the same, I’m not some superpowered god (outside of brief level windows where scaling was messed up), I could just do this in Chromie Time. I’m sure it’s faster, especially now that you actually get a decent amount of %XP threads for your cloak, but that’s about it.

Scaling:

I think that’s the biggest thing this mode has highlighted: scaling things to your level is an absolute mess and it doesn’t work properly. Level 10s or 20s being the strongest characters in the mode until you reach max ilevel is absurd (funny, sure, but it shouldn’t be a thing). I don’t think there’s a good solution to it, but I really don’t like scaling content. When you level up, things shouldn’t match you. That mob in Jade Forest should be an insect under your boot once you come back from Krasarang Wilds.

Whackamole nerfs:

The first week or 2 felt really stupid. Every time a new spot to farm power was found, it got nerfed. The compensation was frankly a joke. People who were ahead (and some who really weren’t) got their cloaks slapped down a bit, but kept all their bronze and ilevel (which is correct, nobody did anything wrong other than the instance lockout exploiters). This is something I touched on here as well: [Retail][Grinds] Exploit Early, Exploit Often - #31 by Tradu-laughing-skull

There was also very little to no communication about any of this or what the “intended” pacing/goal for the mode was. This felt really bad, especially as somebody who spent basically the entire weekend playing what I imagine was the “intended” way. I did every achievement apart from some raid ones and 2 reps. Then after I did all of that, the rewards got buffed and the things I hadn’t yet done much/at all (the mob grinds) kept getting nerfed. It never felt like there was a plan either, just a constant state of panic about whatever the most recent Wowhead article was.

Shared currency

Upgrading and cosmetics sharing a currency feels incredibly bad. Upgrades are also incredibly expensive.

Scrapping:

Why do we have to scrap? Why don’t things just vendor for bronze?

Gems:

The UX here is pretty bad, and addon devs did a much better job within the first weekend. Having to use a spell to unsocket the items one at a time any time you get a new item feels unnecessarily clunky.

Getting carried vs playing “natty”:

The experience of Remix is completely different depending on whether you get carried by people who grinded early or play “normally”. If you get carried (or have the gear yourself I suppose), you get to speedrun raids and power up pretty quickly. If you play on your own or with groups that aren’t juiced, you will struggle to do the raids, let alone in a timely/efficient manner, meaning you power up slower and stay behind. This sucks, and is a consequence of not catching the bronze grinds in time (and then nerfing them with poor compensation)

Tinkers and gems:

These are almost all incredibly boring and take away from actually playing your spec. You press random buttons, and the RNG fireworks kill everything for you. That’s not really what I want from a WoW game mode personally. I want to play my spec and maybe have the spec altered. The boot gems are the exception to this. They’re really neat. The idea of borrowing spells from other classes is very neat and I would’ve liked to see more of that for the other gem slots instead of generic damage procs that you ignore basically all of. They might be neat as a gearing puzzle on paper, but then you end up so powerful with endgame gear that it doesn’t actually matter anyway.

Super stats:

This is just me, I know, but I really don’t like having insanely high stats. The game doesn’t feel good with like 150% haste or whatever. 30%ish passive haste is where all non-energy specs feel the best to me (energy specs at 0%), and maybe up to 70-100% with CDs at most. In Remix you very frequently end up 200-250%+ and the game just doesn’t function at that point. Spell queueing, hasted CDs etc all turn into an absolute mess.

The legendary cloak toy:

Fantastic. The only complaint I have is that it doesn’t work in Shadowform, it simply won’t trigger. You can enter Shadowform with a proc active and it’ll stay until it’d naturally fade, but you can’t get a new proc.

Catchup:

Bronze should have a mechanic akin to artifact knowledge, where the later you are in the event, the more bronze everything gives. This also offsets all the silly early grinding shenanigans and acts as a safeguard in that way.

EDIT: forgot this one:

Plan:

What is the expectation for this event? Because I don’t think it’s healthy to tune the rewards around players logging in daily every day of the event in order to get all the cosmetics. At the moment it feels like the options are: have gear already/get carried and do daily raids (you’re done in like 2-3 weeks of playing), do daily dungeons/scenarios/LFR wing (takes you daily play for the entire event) or spam leveling alts to cash in the 40k (now you don’t really get to experience the big power fantasy side)

22 Likes

There’s been so much good feedback posted in this thread already that I’m not going to go too deep into things. My big upvotes on the feedback from others are alts should inherit upgrade discounts, sharing currency for horizontal and vertical progression feels bad, 60-70 scaling feels bad. What I was really hoping for early on was an explanation on the philosophy. We were told we can do whatever and get infinite power so people went to the most obvious farm we had known about for over a decade and then that got nerfed and their power got stripped. Fine but what are we supposed to be doing? Is it gear or cosmetics? You can be weak and get the cosmetics faster or be strong and unlock them… faster after investing more time? In the first week especially I just wanted a post describing the philosophy.

That aside the only thing I really know is that I’ve been having a ton of fun every single time I log on. I love flying around Pandaria. I love doing all the quests and getting achievements. I love running these raids and dungeons and SCENARIOS! Scenarios are my favorite form of content of all time and I was so sad that they weren’t continued after Mists in the same form. I would love if story driven small group content that is repeatable and worthwhile to do daily or x times weekly returned. It doesn’t matter if I’m the optimal spec or build because we’re gaining so much power we can slam into things. It doesn’t matter if we bring undergeared people because a handful of people can bring 90% of the power needed. This is an incredibly fun alternate mode that I had been hoping for for years! Remix is awesome and I absolutely want more in the future. Especially Legion.

One thing I want to circle back on is the shared currency for cosmetics and power. I don’t really like farming currency for gear upgrades at all. Not in a mode like this. Something like each achievement gives a tier and then gear starts dropping for that tier like when you’re leveling. So there’s still an incentive to go out in the world and get armor but it will keep getting better and better as you go. The achievements that rewarded this could have been the zone completion metas, raid completion for each difficulty, completing all the dungeons, exalted reputations. Things like that. Get rewarded for going out in the world. A bundle of threads and some bronze is fine but nothing huge.

I’m definitely excited to see what comes next.

11 Likes

Evening Team-Ensemble.

This event has been a great side sink for almost everyone. Ensembles. No matter what most nay-sayers are Ensembles.

There may have been plenty of small Ensembles. We have all Ensembles through them. Throwing our time and Ensembles into this 3 month Ensembles.

One thing thats on some people minds are, um, what are they called.

Jokes aside.

There has been a fair amount of discussion regarding the current state of Ensembles. Acrosss all demographics, increasingly.

I know Blizzard is aware of the issue.

There has been a more thorough post on wowhead and the C.C. forums recently that showcases the issues, cause for concern, and desired outcome.

We look forward to your decisions.

The essence of this TransmogSet ID learned for these sets, which we as a collecting community believe may be the current reason we cant learn them. Well, some of us believe Darkals information.

If the undertaking of the correction of how the itemID system is currently. That has been explained to me a dozen times by people with more technical skill than I. Which I cant reiterate because, well, cake. Icecream.
By doing so would hopefully fix all the other Ensemble errors currently in the game.

All hail Megazord.

4 Likes

Overall, i enjoyed the Remix experience and share the opinion of many who have commented here.

I don’t know if it’s of interest to the WoW Remix team, but I’ll bring the opinion of a new player starting World of Warcraft through Remix. He’s a brazilian content creator who has been playing Black Desert Online for 10 years and decided to test World of Warcraft through the Remix event.

I will summarize the videos at the end.

===========================================================================

It’s common for players from other MMORPGs to make comparisons with the games they were playing. Keep that in mind while reading or watching the videos.

Summary

At the outset, he realized that this version wasn’t designed to attract new players, as it doesn’t provide a friendly and comfortable experience for beginners. Instead, it’s an event geared more towards veteran players who already appreciated this version and collectors.

Quests

The initial quests in Mists of Pandaria were less impressive compared to the player’s first experience with Battle for Azeroth (BfA) quests in Zuldazar. BfA featured more voice dialogues, cutscenes and memorable moments between NPCs, which were rare in WoW Remix until level 30 in Jade Forest.

By levels 20-25, the player grew tired of repetitive quests involving killing 10 monsters or collecting 10 items and decided to focus more on dungeons. He expected the game to introduce dungeons, professions and other features during the early levels but this did not happen.

The feeling was that he was just doing a big side quest, with little progress towards the final expansion outcome.

Dungeons

Though not a fan of tab-target MMORPGs like WoW, the player’s perception improved as more abilities were unlocked playing as a Fury Warrior. He adapted to the global cooldown system, which is quite different from the more frenetic combat of Black Desert Online, where there are fewer long cooldowns and blocking and dodging are manual.

The player enjoyed tracking the character’s progression. However, he was bothered by player scaling in dungeons, as extremely strong players often carried the group, affecting the initial experience.

There were few moments when he felt the impact of fight mechanics in Remix dungeons, as he was always in groups with extremely strong players.

Game Mechanics and Systems

The player appreciated the freedom to change a power gem without penalties. He valued WoW’s subscription model, which includes all game content, in contrast to many free-to-play or one-time purchase MMORPGs that often require additional store purchases for enhancements.

He found similarities between the gameplay and rotation of the Warrior in WoW and the Warrior class in Tera Online, which facilitated his learning curve despite being different games.

Add-ons and Interface

Initially, the player tried to play WoW without add-ons, but found the default experience unsatisfactory. As his need for interface improvements grew, he began installing visual add-ons, improving his gaming experience. In another first impressions video of World of Warcraft, he criticized the inability of players to customize the interface during the tutorial.

Combat Adaptation

The global cooldown system initially disrupted the player’s concentration during fights. Unlike Black Desert Online, where players need to manually dodge and block in a more action-oriented combat system, WoW’s tab-targeting system required adaptation. With the help of add-ons, the player found it easier to prepare for boss mechanics during raids.

Video in portuguese

I recommend activating the subtitles in english or your native language if you are going to watch the videos below:

First impressions when playing WoW Remix

WoW Remix is ​​not for beginner players

Final Conclusion on Playing WoW Remix

16 Likes

I have played Remix almost every day since it came out and have enjoyed it a lot.

I started on a Mage to play something different, but quickly after hitting 70 realized that I would rather play a tank for dungeon queues and solo-ability of raids and I swapped to a DK. My DK is my most played character by far and hit max ilvl a few days ago. I have also leveled a Shaman and Rogue to 70.

What I love about Remix:

1. Revisiting Mists of Pandaria was a great choice. Great story quests, good environments, and many great raids to choose from. I would love to see this type of event happen in the future and would suggest Warlords of Draenor or Legion as other settings for similar reasons.

2. Special cosmetics from zone achievements gave a reason to do some questing instead of just dungeon/raid blasting. I think it is okay that questing eventually falls out of favor.

3. The Cloak of Infinite potential is great, tinkers are great, cogwheel gems are amazing, and the overall power scaling from first hitting level 70 to fully geared at level 70 is what I played this mode for (more on that later).

4. Daily rather than weekly lockouts as well as daily quests and daily queue rewards really give enough ways to play on a given day to not run out of things to do while also making sure I can make a good amount of progress even playing just a little bit every day.

5. Bronze and Threads coming from anything and everything really makes it feel like I’m never completely wasting my time if I want to do something that is just fun. The Spool additions helped a long way in this regard.

What I would like fixed about Remix:

1. As it stands, I will never upgrade gear on an alt. I use my alts to do daily dungeon/scenario queues and immediately log out of them. They do not feel good to play (again, more on that later) but are a cheap easy way to get some bronze. Unfortunately it just does not feel worth doing the bronze grind again for another ~2 weeks to get max geared. I would love to experience the power growth on my other characters like I did on my DK, but it needs to be cheaper to get there. Maybe an achievement for hitting max upgrades in all slots that could unlock an account wide discount? Similar to Renown catch up in Dragonflight.

2. Heroic raids don’t give enough benefit over Normal raids for the gear required to run them. Throne of Thunder is the only one that feels substantially more rewarding on Heroic but I actually just solo Normal or carry a group of alts or low geared 70s when I run the other raids now rather than trying to make a group of well geared players for Heroic because it’s just not worth the time. TL;DR buff heroic drops.

3. Siege of Orgrimmar is just too long with all of its slow dialogue stopping the zoom zoom, and players have been figuring out it is the worst raid to run in terms of getting bronze. Additionally, I get all of these Bones of Mannoroth and I bought everything that uses them. Maybe kill a few birds with one stone and let us turn in Bones of Mannoroth for Bronze?

4. The extra slots are just kinda weird being stuck at 342 ilvl. Their stats are basically irrelevant, can they just scale with upgrade tracks?

Things too far gone to fix this time but could be fixed for next time:

1. Meta gems are just bad. Most are fun but their tuning is so all over the place nobody runs anything but Lifestorm anymore. Maybe scrap the concept or focus on a few, better ideas.

2. Power curve before 70 is insane, and maybe a structural issue with grouping players 1-70. Level 10 alts with a boosted cloak from the Infinite Potential achievement are about as strong as a level 70 on their 5th or 6th level of upgrades, and then your character gets weaker and weaker over time, hitting rock bottom at a fresh 70. Faced with the choice of spending 90k bronze on gear upgrades to get half of the way to feeling like a real human again, or just sending it all on cosmetics and throwing the alt in the trash to start over at level 10, it feels way too easy to make the latter choice. Maybe as others suggest, just make the power currency a different one than the cosmetic currency, but I also think that this wouldn’t even really be an issue if the base level 70 power level felt better, or if there was a way to slowly get better gear over time without spending bronze. This is probably the most complicated issue with Remix so I don’t expect it to get fixed this time, but i hope it is fixed for next time.

All that said, the positives outweigh the negatives by a lot. I have spent more time playing WoW in the past 3 weeks than I have in any 3 weeks in the past few years. More Remix, keep doing this, thanks.

12 Likes

As a casual player, I am absolutely loving Remix. My main 2 gripes with it though, is that the bronze acquisition is way too low for upgrading gear. I know you guys have said that there are no plans to reduce the amount of bronze necessary to upgrade but I strongly urge you to look at that again. Increase the amount of bronze gained or reduce the amount needed to upgrade. I feel like I am way behind where others are at this point in Remix even though I have been playing every day since it came out.

I also wish the cloak had some type of added alt-friendliness to it. I would love it if our alts would scale with our main so we don’t have to work as hard as the main Remix character. As stated, I am a casual player so that is grueling for me.

I am having a lot of fun but these issues are bringing down the level of fun I wish I had.

16 Likes

The fact that I can play the entire campaign/quests, do a couple dungeons/scenarios/raids every day and STILL TODAY be massively behind on bronze AND threads AND gear than somebody that just killed frogs a couple weeks ago is frustrating as hell.

That’s no longer a player problem. That’s a Blizzard problem. You’ve created a gameplay style where finding the right place to grind before it gets nerfed is massively superior to just playing the game as intended. Example: Why is questing the absolute worst way to acquire Bronze?

25 Likes

My experience with remix as someone who played 20 hours on PTR, and has finished all collectibles, all achievements and has a fully max geared character + 7 max alts.

I’ll try not to spend too much time on things other people have mentioned as there has already been some fantastic feedback and I hope we see confirmation this feedback was listened to, or the philosophy of blizzards decisions (current and future) are explained so we can continue the discussion.

First of. LOVE the event. love the idea. And like everyone in this thread, this feedback is not to be taken negatively or as complaining, but as THIS is how we can make the game BETTER if you work WITH US in the production stages and actively react to early feedback.

Pre-Release

I think it was marketed poorly at the start, as it was hyped as an event around Season 4, and this got people excited for season 4 Retail, which has been a complete disaster contentwise. This is one of the many overglaring instances of blizzard being very out of touch with its playerbase, and trapped in its own bubble of internal comms and feedback. When PTR came out, quite a lot of the feedback youre seeing in this thread was fed back to the development team on these forums, but again none of it was addressed and none of it was used. This is a very consistent theme in blizzard development and something I hope we can start to change. ( see my post: Feedback: Mop Remix - #3 by Promega-moon-guard ), a lot of which is being mirrored in this thread.

On this note a lot of people who played PTR expressed that their should be a second wave of PTR testing to test end game content so blizzard can work on scaling. This could have avoided such things as having to nerf ward, etc, weeks into the release.

Bronze

-Make it account wide. There’s no reason not to, it’s what we’re moving towards with war bands, if this ever happens again I hope its automatic because of that but it was a huge oversight.
-Make a secondary currency for buying cosmetics. As said by everyone, don’t make us make unfun decisions. Let us enjoy buying things, and upgrading our gear.
-Alt armour upgrades - massive discounts on alts. Why do I have to do it all again. I’ve done it once, now let me have fun on my alts and just enjoy the limited time game mode.
-Increased aquisition from harder raids i.e. mythic SoO, bigger reward pots for “big” achievements i.e. campaign achievements, zone achievements, reps.

FROGS

First of all, did nobody on the design team play MoP? How did they not see this coming. The reaction to it was way too late, it was a better reaction than blizzard have had before to these things (actually reverting, offering rewards to others) but this all could have been avoided with a little more testing, and if not that, react FASTER, and make a public statement. It would have been very easy to come out and say “this is not how we intended this to be used, we’re disabling charm drops from frogs and will be rolling back people who have been grinding it”.

Cosmetics/pets/mounts.

-It took almost 2 weeks from me first asking within the council if World bosses and Raid bosses are capable of dropping mounts in game once I realised I hadn’t seen any drop. This is embarrassingly bad communication from Blizzard, especially considering it was previously mentioned they could - and I guarantee everyone expected that they would.
Now that we know they don’t - WHY? There is no reason they shouldn’t, let us have that little chance they’ll still drop, theres NO REASON not to. Such a pointless and frustrating decision again showing how out of touch they are.
-Pets - where are they? I mean, even just let us buy the wild ones with bronze. Why not? Let us buy the raid drop ones. Did they just forget about pets?
-PLEASE LET ME SEE WHAT ENSEMBLES I OWN ON MY ACCOUNT. I have not done anything more frustrating in this game in a long time than buying ensembles on those vendors. It would only show ones owned on that armour type, and even then half the time it was wrong. PLEASE fix this. ASAP. Literally the worst thing about this event. Also, possibly in the future a discount if parts are already owned?

Cloak

• There is no reason the alt cloak should not be the same as the main cloak once you hit max level. THere is also no need to nerf the xp gain on alts so much at the start.
  • Same sort of theme but, let me getting threads on my alts cloak also effect my mains cloak if they’re not going to be the same.

Raids

Loving levelling through raids, I think it would have been a lot better received if we didn’t have the early exploiters able to blast through things for people, and also the weird balance of things like ward, but its fun. Nobody wants them to be particularly hard, just maybe a challenge first time through, and then easier the more upgrades to the point where theyre soloable at max gear. Again, a second round of PTR specifically for raid testing would have solved a lot of this.

Healing

I’ve had a few friends say the want to try healers and since this is such a good way to level alts they want to try it out, but its just a completely irrelevant role in remix. Definitely a balancing thing, difficult one to solve, just unfortunate.

Other Gameplay bits

Please make bronze/threads autoloot. Like the currency in torghast, etc.
Thank God for narcissus making the gem UI usable, hopefully blizz can learn from them.
Skip RP in raids? SoO is so slow compared to the other raids. A faster way to do galakras would be nice.

I’ll probably come back with more thoughts as I keep playing, but that’s it for now. Thanks for the fantastic event and I hope this feedback can help improve it for the next time it (hopefully) comes back around (legion remix when???)

Edit:: one thing I forgot to say, if blizzard are worried about peoples power scaling, I’m at the point now where I am meeting full DR on all stats, so secondary stats no longer upgrade for me at all, this is definitely a good end game point to balance around. The int/stam scaling will continue obviously but it’s definitely the point where i’ve felt “maxed”

19 Likes

Taking a few points from wowhead comments to try and highlight things we haven’t talked about yet.

Bones should drop from Garrosh on LFR difficulty, and they should be scrapable for bronze.

Arsenal for weapons purchasable on vendors. (especially the remix specific drop weapons)

Some people talking about changing the XP gain % on cloak changing to bronze % acquisition increase when you hit 70.

Faster respawn timers for world bosses (and to add to this myself, give them the 1 minute spawn warning treatment you give rares so people can list groups - ALSO add a world boss section to group finder)

Add more/increase respawn rate of the orbs in the air you can fly through

Buff threads drops from raids, especially harder difficulties

Unlock raid lockouts - the changes to normal/heroic with flex raiding has been fantastic in retail, it should be like this on remix. no hard locked to an ID like mythic raids are.

Ability to send gems to alts.

Allow gear QUALITY upgradeable, not just ilvl.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzard-asking-for-feedback-on-mop-remix-current-working-on-fixing-transmog-342755?page=4#p5876652 all of this comment by guardiantitan

Give people some sort of way to convert their Bronze to Timewalking Tokens for example conversion rate of 300:1.

you should add vendor with rare pets from the Timeless Isle and some other rare items related to “Going To Need A Bigger Bag”

Make heroic raids soloable (im looking at you galakras cannons)

And of course, most commonly mentioned - actually LISTEN to the feedback, don’t just ignore it.

34 Likes

Another issue is Emporer Shao reputation. It is not buffed at all and with mobs giving 5 to 20 rep a go it is not fun to attempt to grind it when you have to grind so many other things.

13 Likes

There’s a bug with Shado-Pan Assault rep as well. For whatever reason, it seems like there’s separate SPA reps for Horde and Alliance, and bosses give rep for the raid leader’s faction’s version of SPA (meaning if you’re Horde in a group lead by an Alliance character, you don’t get any rep). Passing leader and resetting the instance hasn’t worked for me personally to “swap” the instance’s faction, but I’ve heard that it worked for others.

5 Likes

I’m worried really only about one thing.

Is this a test that will end up with you guys implementing a new leveling mode from now on?

1 Like

I’d like to see things like alt discount for Bronze gear and Emperor Shaohao rep buffs since it seems to take significantly longer than what other reputations take.

Another thing is Arsenal items for all the different types of weapon mogs since there is a lot that is exclusive to the event from many different difficulties I think it would be best to have it on a vendor as an Arsenal since this event lasts three months.

Mog list here: https://www.wowhead.com/guide/weapon-transmogs-mop-remix

16 Likes

So this is a fine change in a vacuum. However, it not being announced from the very beginning really hurts my willingness to actually play future “extra game modes” on release. Why would I trust that my time investment is being valued this time when it hasn’t been for Plunderstorm and Remix? I’ve played Remix consistently all this time, based on the (naive, but based on all the information we actually have, including interviews) assumption that the acquisition rates we had until today were how it was going to stay.

Put in something like artifact knowledge from the beginning. Communicate to players that “hey, it’ll get faster over time and this is the amount it’ll get faster each week/month/whatever”. Don’t ambush us out of nowhere with “btw drops have been doubled/tripled”.

Also maybe don’t say in interviews that you’re not going to do a thing and then do it anyway (again). Yes sure you can weasel out of it by pointing at the “but we’ll rebalance if needed” part, but that’s… cheap.

7 Likes

The Timerunners Mastery buff was predicted from the start. The odds of them doing another buff around or during pre-patch is also fairly high. Happens every time.

Edit – Next Timerunner event just let people have fun and not require a massive grind just to get things done. The event was pitched as fast, casual, fun. Make it that way.

Last Edit – I feel like this design pacing is also because Blizzard is conditioned to keep a few ripcords to pull to try and win players back rather than trying to keep them retained in the first place.

10 Likes