Thoughts on our tier set?

I play as Ret/Prot and curious what people have experienced with tier sets. Worth it or not?

From a solo perspective, if that matters. I solo in prot and if I do dungeon/raid, its as ret.

I think it made ret feel better since it allowed us to use DP which always feels very core to paladin, but in my opinion it only feels as good as it does cause it partly fixes a problem that paladins have which is relying too much on our cooldown, this gives us a smoother rotation and a better gameplay outside of wings which i hope gets fixed in DF, cause its not gonna feel good when we lose it and it stays the same.

5 Likes

tier set is really good, i can live without the serap 2 pc, but i hope the 4pc becomes a talent in DF. having extra wakes as filler and for hp generation for more finishers feels really good. having the option to run DP also adds to the spec as a whole.

2 Likes

worth it? Like as opposed to no tier?

Its a major passive buff and reset our biggest dmg cd, its really good.
I dislike seraphim as much as i disliked inquisition lol so gaining its buff for free is pretty good.

its pretty meh, wake of ashes is so nerfed from its original version it doesnt feel very impactful especially in aoe (the thing is reduced after 1 target lol) in a world where destro locks and survival hunters exist as they are it should be reduced after 5, as for the seraphim proc it shouldve been procs of wings like old visions of perfection was, not much thought was put on most tier set bonuses ours was one of them

5 Likes

I disagree, seraphim is as strong if not arguably stronger in some cases than wings, and it allowed us to use DP with its procs, i feel like yorue missing the bigger picture here.

3 Likes

seraphim is a stronger cd than wings fyi

1 Like

Ya i also failed to understand how passive seraphim isnt good or important lol.

in what world is seraphim better then wings??? did you forget that wings means synergy with the sanctified wrath talent that would give us on demand uncapped aoe burst damage on procs, not saying the tier set we have is bad, its just very bland, they for some reason gave cdr on wings and procs of wings to holy pallys something that wouldve been better used by ret paladins

1 Like

Inquisition increases your damage passively higher than AW does and also offer extra haste, AW will do more damage with sanctified wrath.
The major reason the tier set gives inquisition and not AW is prolly because inquisition is a talent which means you have another free talent which makes the bonus in fact much stronger.

shorter cd, the amount of raw stats it gives makes it better than wings overal but its a shorter duration so its balanced. which is one of the reasons why we ran seraphim and didnt mind it was the best talent in the row overal. before this patch we ran the 1 min final reck build because wings and SW didnt really measured up unless it was huge aoe situations back in seasons 1-2. heck we were about to run seraphim this season until the tier got buffed enough for us to take DP due to the buff making serap as a talent redundant.

you can say the tier is bland, but it doesnt make it a bad tier. ash procs can lead to crazy gameplay and with a high uptime of seraphim. btw if yo uwant to be broken and overtuned like destro/demo locks and surv hunter. then play those classes instead. because the amount of cope that’ll happen when those classes get nerfed in season 2.5 and or DF prepatch will be legendary

keep in mind, when the 2pc was 3 seconds of seraphim, you still took seraphim. we only started taking DP as a talent when 2pc got buffed to 4 seconds. yall really need to visit the paladin class discord

2 Likes

I like it. I’ve always been a Divine Purpose guy so having that Seraphim proc feels like a free talent. And that Wake proc leads to even more finishers.

Overall the damage is more consistent even outside of wings.

2 Likes

Not me, I always used DP. I never liked the one minute build.

4 Likes

yeah thats my point its bland not bad, wouldve been nice though to have wings on a proc like in endgame bfa that was the good stuff, we used to have 50% uptime on wings back then, oh so many good memories. My hopes are that ret is able to pick the holy paladin talent awakening with the revamp imagine “templars veredict or divine storm have a 15% chance to proc wings for 10 seconds” combine that with crusade+sanct wrath and your looking at an aoe burst and sustained powerhouse ret paladin iteration, looking forward to those new talent trees

13% Mastery and 8% vers means 21% damage increase, just right there its better than wings. Then you add the 8% crit and haste on top.

1 Like

Are you Lightblade Gaming on youtube?

Not quite how the math works…lol…

13% mastery is 13% increased holy damage, 8% vers is +8% damage done.

You’re telling me you care that much about BoJ, Crusader Strike and melee?

1 Like

The holy one is stupid and forces you to play necro. I want to stay kyrian so i only use 2set