Thoughts on Blue post about Pre-patch

Was just wonderin what the Community thought about the Blue post Blizzard made on Pre-patch. Bored.

Which one?

It is missing a date.

11 Likes

And info on prepatch events

From what iv heard nothing of value will be lost.

EARNING FLIGHT IN WARLORDS OF DRAENOR AND LEGION

With the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch, flying in Warlords of Draenor and Legion will no longer require earning the achievements Draenor Pathfinder and Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two, respectively.

Should make some people happy.

1 Like

They’re not giving a date, they’re saying “be done with this”. That means they can flip the switch whenever they want. Expect it 9/29, I’d wager.

“The gates will soon close on Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 4 with the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch. Don’t worry though, you’ll still be able to take part in competitive PvP in a special post-season, which will end with the launch of the expansion. The new Shadowlands Season 1 will then go live shortly after the launch of Shadowlands”

Is this something they normally do?

A big argument about pre patch is ending the PVP season on short notice…

Yes, there always a “poster-season”. It allows playing, but there aren’t any rewards for ladder, just the normal conquest and stuff.

1 Like

I think the forum mods suggested they leave out the actual date because they are having too much fun laughing at everybody arguing about it.

1 Like

I swear the forums are like a bunch of kids on a road trip. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now?

1 Like

the only thing that makes me mad is that they are removing the rep gate from the allied races, when they were asked to do so from the beginning and are now acting like they are giving us a gift, like the majority of people have grinded and worked for those unlocks and nows its like meh who cares about your hard work to unlock them.

The post itself is basically what they say, near word for word, of every “end of season warning” post they’ve ever made. Fan term being “2 week warning” for a reason.

What’s confusing is the timing. It’s 2 resets before the 29th but it’s posted on a Monday… So does that mean it’s these 2 lockouts, today and next weeks? Or is it closer to 2 actual weeks and pre patch is October 6?

6th. Not that complicated

Why? The advantage to your hard work is having those ARs earlier than other players.

What it’s like is seeing the Disney World sign and still having to drive 10 or so minutes to actually get there. You think you’re there but you’re not. That’s what it feels like right now. So close and yet so far

1 Like

Well are we there yet? :rofl:

Past couple I believe have been under two weeks. Still think its the 29th.

I read it as theres no set-in-stone prepatch date. Everyone was convinced they were waiting for the final Afterlives. Then that came and went.

They’re probably mulling a best case/preferred date but they know everything might not be done by then so they’re holding off on giving a concrete date. I also took this as a final warning, I doubt we’re getting 2 weeks notice like a lot of people are expecting.