Those Are Chitin Words

quietly horrified, hand over mouth

1 Like

I finally stumbled upon the rare yesterday while apparently alone in the zone.

I’m somewhere around 24/1500 on the first stage. This is going to take a while.

1 Like

Just do follower dungeons. Echoes for first quest, City for second quest and Echoes again for third quest and your done.

Yeah, it does take a while, but I’m in the ‘no need to rush it’ group as well. I’m around 1300/1500 for chitin so almost done with step 1!

As an aside, it’s funny how Tka’ktath is up pretty much every time I fly over his spawn point now. Really goes to show how much engagement with a rare mob drops if its rare drop is guaranteed compared to being low RNG like Beledar or Lurker.

1 Like

I still do every rare i come across when i have time because renown, while i won’t bother with Beledar because i have to work a schedule (however minorly) around an item that i don’t want very much that i will probably not get. Got enough of that in mechagon (and i never got that wheel mount q.q)

Different strokes for different folks!

Just go to the siege area in az and farm there. It’s much faster.

Pro-tip is to farm chitin and venom off the nerubians by the meadery in Isle of Dorn. They’re marginally less efficient but you’ll get shards for the storm rook mount.

By the time I finished Bargie and the Bees I had that mount, too.

Blood is best in the siege area in AzK.

My main problem with it is that it’s not account-wide collecting. In an expansion championing alt-quality-of-life stuff, it’s pretty blech to have to grind this out on one character.

1 Like

Worst decision ever. I don’t know what Blizzard is thinking.

I’m at like 1200 on my main… and 800 on my alt.

Imagine my frustration. >(

yeah it does feel like the drops should be warband or it should be an achievement.

I am not even going to bother with this on multiple characters.

I didn’t want to.

But my main is BS+Eng. So I have to play an alt to farm my own mats (I refuse to buy Tokens).

So I get most of it playing my main … but I can’t help but continue to earn it when I play my alt.

Drive me CRAZY. >(

I haven’t even killed the rare on most characters. Just did it on a hunter alt and I was surprised I did because she was low gear and no one else was there to fight it. This hunter is the gatherer for my BS/Eng Paladin…

Off-topic but why does it feel like BS/Engineering over the decades has been the most consistent double-crafter combination (other than tailor/ench)? At least, it feels that way to me.

I would say it’s more accurate to people to have any profession… and then they pair it with Eng because it’s a way to min/max. If you’re pushing higher content, Eng tends to have some super small thing that helps.

Said another way: my main may be BS+Eng, but it’s the only chr with BS or Eng …

… but I have Alchemy on more than 10 alts.

That’s how powerful Alchemy is in this game.

Nothing else even comes close.