This Week in WoW: August 14, 2023

I have to say, at least in regards to WoW, I don’t understand this trope. Literally everything about DF was shaped from player feedback:
Tier sets? Check
No borrowed power/grind? Check
No cosmic / world ending threat story? Check
Professions matter and are impactful? Check
More frequent balance and content drops? Check
More fun events and cosmetics? Check
Seasonal affixes are wonky? Removed / Check
Doing the same 8 dungeons for 2 years is boring? Now they swap every 6 months
Upgradable gear? Check
Honestly, DF is knocking it out of the park in terms of listening to player feedback.

3 Likes

Hmm, so the “Developer Update” was just a pre-recorded video for a very niche part of the non-retail crowd? That’s disappointing :frowning:

So very disappointing. Was hoping for 10.2 not boring old classic. They should really be specifying which version of the game the developer updates are for. I’m sure classic people don’t care about live, and live doesn’t care about classic.

1 Like

No wonder there was no hype for it. It’s a discussion about something that isn’t even open yet, for the “included free” portion of the game.

1 Like

Knocking it out of the park with buggy/laggy/lackluster and unpolished content? Nah, I hardly call their broken mess listening. I call it rush-it-and-shuttemup filler.

Tier is still borrowed. Once the season/xpac is up, gone. No farm? Get it by mail? Nah…farm it in Raid/M+.Vault each full-patch.

DF was already planned. Wasn’t listening, was following the path already in place.

Have you seen the balancing? More frequent, maybe, but certainly not satifactory. They all but ruined M+ S2 due to lack of effective balancing.

We also asked for no major changes mid-season. So… they introduce AUG.

Events plagued by Lag and Bugs till no-one cares about it. Many many posts about this, in addition, to blues to acknowledge, but little fixed other then active player count way down = natural reduction in lag.

They remove SOME, but forked that with ones like incorporeal and such which only certain classes can even interact with. I think this would be a wash in terms of pros vs cons.

This is nice for alts, but not sure conducive to the game overall, as people level much quicker, up the elitism, and as a result, M+ and Raids are more toxic then ever.

Not sure we playing the same game, at all. :confused:

The game has always had tier sets (aside from BFA and most of SL) and no one complained. In fact, people begged for them back and we got what we wanted. That’s a win in my book.

The story is outline ahead of time for sure but the details can react to feedback. People were asking for a break from “win or we immediately die” story stuff and thus here we are. The bad guys technically won the last two raids: Razageth awakened her kin and Sark successfully distracted us from the Incarnates.

I agree the balancing could use work, but they are applying weekly hotfixed to address that. Ruined S2? If you’re pushing keys above 25 and are aiming for title, maybe. If you’re like 99.99% of the rest of us, it didn’t “ruin” the season.

The massive amount of people who did the world events in the 10.0 patch and the sheer number of still doing Time Rifts shows they are still popular.

Group comp is just as impactful now as it was in previous seasons. All three of the new affixes are brain-dead easy.

People have been asking Blizzard to “value their time” and let them gear up faster and Blizzard obliged. I don’t see how being able to gear up faster is bad at all.

I completely concur.

stop treating our talent trees like your old borrowed power systems. I don’t want my class nerfed so that you can buff some stupid talent you want to push next season.

just stop it, hello? :rage:

EDIT: double post soz :sweat_smile:

How do you start the Dragonriding Races in Azeroth…I see no race crew person in Val to talk too …there is one dragon there but can’t talk to them…