This shouldn't have happened.. (SENDRAX ; v ;)

Sendrax was so cute! when she was all excited to be the first one to meet you at the start n stuff. its so upsetting that she got killed off to save those eggs. I FELT SO BAD! My character could’ve easily found another way to get them without the need for her to facetank lava/fire >:[
p.s this is the first forum post ive made since some time in vanilla > >;

10 Likes

But don’t you just hate those darn, evil Primalists now? Good. Go forth and kill them for epic loot, no need to consider any further motivations behind their actions. Someone you liked died fighting them. You now have all the justification you need to muderhobo your way around the Dragon Isles.

11 Likes

i forgot who this was.
for me its that blue dragon that died to the centaur in the cutscene rip

1 Like

Why did people get so invested in this character? Sure she was cute, and I understand maybe finding her charming, but it was also in a part of DF that is really oversaturated with Cute. And that’s saying A LOT. Every quest and moment reminded you of that. We knew her for a grand total of a half hour of gameplay. She had maybe 12 lines of dialogue, most of which were about the eggs.

She died to settup those angry, angry, primalists, which I thought were Twilight Hammer when we first saw them. In a part of the map that’s never really explained or that we go back to. If the eggs and Dragonflight history are SO important, why were so many of them seemingly left unattended in this part of the map Sendrax admitted has been largely abandoned for quite a while? And if this scene was supposed to be tragic, why are all the books we manage to save gags and references? Who knows?

4 Likes

For me, it’s the novelty of having a drakonid grunt coming up to you and acting all giddy and excited as if she was just a regular person lucky enough to meet a celebrity for the first time. You never see one acting so disarmingly unprofessional before.

It’s the same kind of “treating monster races like normal people” presentation told in a fun way that made me like the horde to begin with.

10 Likes

Alot of people were under the impression that she would be our standard leveling companion that we would see grow throughout the story. And then she died taking us off guard.

4 Likes

Anyone thought it odd that none of the other dragons seemed sadden by Sendrax’s death? I wasn’t really sad either (it was spoiled for me), but I thought someone would have said something other than fawning over the egg.

They weren’t wearing a red shirt of anything…how could we have known?

4 Likes

It’s kind of annoying to play these quests as a healer (I’m speaking of my other characters, naturally). I mean, I’m standing right there with healing and rez spells, but you’re telling me I can’t do anything? It’s just like that guy in Legion all over again, the one who sacrifices himself for his sister.

5 Likes

I am pissed not only about how she died but more so about the fact I don’t even think our characters tell anyone…
I think we just come back and are all like “hey look, an egg.”
Made me feel really weird like bro, my guy would have 100% said something at the least.

BIG SAME!
I legit was thinking, wait, I cant just heal her? The flame thing didn’t even look that bad.

1 Like

Yes I thought it very cold hearted that this young cadet gives up her live to save an egg and no one seems to notice or care. Im thinking the quest writers failed on this one.

They telegraphed it way too hard for it to have any emotional effect for me.

“Wow, look at Sendrax, what a bright young drakonid with a greeeeeeeeeat future ahead of her! ^.^”

2 Likes

I was glad that thing died… I was not a fan. But I was a little surprised no one in the narrative seemed to care.

I could go with it, though. Kind of like:

“Hey dragons… that annoying thing that just died was your friend right?.. You don’t care about it?.. I didn’t really either… what ever… what’s next?”

1 Like

They would have been more grief-stricken by the egg’s destruction.

Sendrax wasn’t a dragon, she was more like a pet to them.

So are we for that matter.

1 Like

Yeah I get the feeling that Drakonids are just servitors to the dragons, and thats just how its meant to be.

After Sendrax dies, you can talk to the commander at the Ruby Life Shrine and he gives his thoughts on her death.

2 Likes

My battlecry is “For Sendrax!”

I also felt blindsided by this quest!! I really liked her personality and character. RIP a real one.

2 Likes

Sendrax was a walking deathflag from the moment you met her. I remember going “this girl gonna die tonight” by the time I left the landing zone and Wrathion telling us to do stuff.

They were created to be soldiers, servants, and whatnot. They were originally made from the tarasek or whatever the lizardmen are called. Then other races were added in over time. They just have their own subculture within the Dragon one just like most groups do.

I liked her. I legitimately felt sad when she sacrificed herself. I was surprised by how much I cared.

3 Likes

Remember it’s the only surviving egg out of a batch of 10.