This ret discussion is so sad

that’s what i said. it adds longevity by keeping ppl in ulduar cause of gear not being outclassed by toc gear

But that is the correct response, just as it would have been in classic or tbc.

Yet you’re still going to stay subbed and accept it, aren’t you?

4th highest dps in sunwell doesn’t seem “terrible…” Particularly relative to where Rets are now.

I dont play Ret but they have a legitimate complaint. They were nerfed in the last patch because the itemization specific to that raid made them particularly powerful. However in Classic we got those last patch nerfs right from the jump, but they won’t have access to the gear that made them so strong for another year… So it’s not true to the original resulting in Rets getting the worst end of the stick

If you want to know WHY they said they would look at it, you should read this post:

In fact, it would’ve been better if you read this first before posting, perhaps your initial sentence would be different.

Were rogues great in original TBC but utterly garbage in classic due to a change Blizzard made for classic all the while Blizzard states they won’t fix the change because they want to be “authentic” as possible? Because if that wasn’t the case for rogues then the situations aren’t the same.

Had we truly gotten #nochanges ret paladins would be in a good position position early on, and a fine position later on. No one wants ret paladins to be #1, they want ret to be as it actually was.

Rogues were ABSOLUTELY OP at launch in TBC and because on how haste was scaling, plus world buffs that were still available and working.

With the nerf on haste for melee classes and removal of world buffs for TBC, rogues fell behind really hard.

Let’s also not forget that alliance rets got Seal of Martyr in TBC which they didn’t get until Wrath (and wrath current patch it is already gone anyway).

Ret will always be a meme spec and I think it’s hilarious

2 Likes

The gap between the top and bottom right now is extreme. Like worse than classic extreme. There were some nerfs like -10% dmg to Titan’s Grip right before Ulduar in original WotLK that makes ZERO sense with what we know today.

Frankly, they need to look at patch notes and roll back nerfs to classes that were totally unwarranted. Rets and Warriors were subject to some of those because in 2008 no one knew what they were doing still. We have a lot more data today and Rogues, DKs, locks, and Mages are just busted. Feral/Balance/Enhance/Ele are also hybrids and performing extremely will right behind the top classes. And then at the bottom are poor warriors with no damage and no utility and the prot spec that is the worst in the game for progression because theyre squishy AF. The only silver lining to warrior is youre good in dungeons and some speed clearing guilds might want you for piss easy content like Naxx lmao.

Titans Grip and Execute nerfs for warriors would be good places to start to look at.

2 Likes

agreed it was a terrible statement. There should be no tuning fixes for classic. Maybe in a SOM but not now.

2 Likes

Buffing warriors now will probably cause damage in the long run. I don’t think anything should be buffed or nerfed at all. Just keep it wotlk. Literally the only thing I could see being addressed is dk Garg having a cap. Otherwise I don’t think anything else is crazy to the point that it is game breaking. Warriors and rets will both get better with time and other classes will come back in line.

Only change I would like to see if windfury weapon giving extra swings while on a 2 hander and being able to use lava lash with a 2 hander. 2 handed shammies need some love!

1 Like

lolrets

already have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpowered specs that should in fact, if any changes are made, be nerfed. But they complain, like a fat rich kid complaining he doesn’t have the newest iphone despite having several high end tablets and phones collecting dust in a drawer

you people disgust me, you truly are the meme spec

Then can they please stop trying to make the raids/dungeons harder to encourage players to exclude people with underperforming specs.

1 Like

good point lmao.

Buffing ret not would be a bad idea. I dont think you guys realize how insane Rets are this patch when they get Smourne. The entire patch is based around that one weapon.

I can’t tell if you agree we should buff or shouldn’t you seem to have a double negative in there.

Oops lol just realized that

Both Shadow and Ret have their final talent and skills interaction from 3.3.5 and they are at the state they should be.

Further changing and balancing things around patches will lead to a even bigger wave of people complaining and asking for buffs.

For instance, you can add Blood, BM and Frost here as well.