This Purposefully Created Inflation is Brilliant for Battling Bots and RMT

TL;DR Increasing gold from quests hurts people who bought gold and botters.

Blizzard has recently made a few changes that will cause a natural inflation of the in-game economy. They have raised the reward cost of waylaid supplies. But, more than that, they will be increasing leveling speed by 100% and increasing gold given by quests. This means that players playing the game normally will have significantly more good than before.

Why is this a good thing? It diminishes the value of gold that was bought in phase 1 and gold that has already been farmed by bots. As we all see, the Classic dev team is actually trying to stop RMT and botting, which is a nice fresh change of pace. Of course, they aren’t going to be perfect. There was already damage done by RMT and bots, and they will never be able to complete stop 100% of either. However, by having quests give more gold, they have dealt a heavy blow to goldbuyers, goldsellers, and botters.

Kudos Classic dev team. Keep up the great work.

3 Likes

People dont remember that every single MMO, even ARPGs are all plagued by bots lmao. Nobody has ever been successful dealing with them. Nobody probably ever will be

2 Likes

Completely agreed. Getting rid of bots 100% is impossible. But, this team is actually trying their hardest. First, there is the new anti-bot detection that they plan to roll out soon. However, more than anything, they have already made big changes with layers that make bots more visible than ever before. This visibility is fantastic because it allows players to more easily report bots. Bots are actually getting banned.

Of course, as said in the first post, this team is taking steps to make botting unprofitable, which is really the only way to defeat it. I am really happy with how they are approaching things and I think that their efforts will pay off.

1 Like

Agreed brother. The ban of gdkp and these other changes have exceeded my expectations for this game. Probably the most fun ive had in any version of WoW

1 Like

This is brilliant logic and because of that I am not surprised that the title contains the word “inflation”

youtu.be/KjdKAYBbeZk?si=oPWA1PQY9UhUz65x

Inflation on acquired gold will literally do nothing to stop the bots, do you honestly think bots won’t quest?, farm bots are just one type.

Consider what this approach has done to retail though. Raw gold farms gutted/commodities basically worthless etc. You could even say the shift of professions shifting from being product based to services via crafting orders further funneled players into few options for farming gold.

1. buy a token
  2. sell boost
  3. spam dragonriding/gold wq on an alt army

I’ll will be honest and it is probably going to get me in trouble.

This is the worst take I have read all day. Congratulations, I just had a stroke…

Where do I even begin…. Wow

Give me like……. A decade and maybe I will explain everything that is wrong about the OP

make gold worthless to stop RMT
that’s where we’re at :expressionless:

Everybody is reading far too much into this increasing gold rewards while leveling. They are increasing the amount pre level 40 because with the 100% exp you are going to be doing far fewer quests to get to max level. If they kept the gold rewards the same people would not even have enough to train skills while leveling.

1 Like

Bots are banned and have to relevel…all blizzard did was make that faster for them and pay them more gold to sell while they do it. your theory is dogwater.

:point_up_2: This :point_up_2:

People… you are not going to be buying pizzas with wow gold. NPC prices don’t change with fluctuations in the money supply.

The player economy expands at the same rate for everyone.

I’ll be honest. That is all I got. Once you get this far into the weeds I have a hard time pulling you back out.

You are definitely lost in a jungle of blurred realities and definitions that do not fit with one another.

I am loving the tears of goldsellers and botters. They are being banned faster than ever before, their business is becoming less and less profitable, and they are crying and lying more than ever before on the forums. :rofl: