This literally would make me quit if I wasn't leading World First NA Alliance

So if it wasn’t for the fact that our Alliance Community (not a guild) is going for NA Alliance World First, I’d quit over this horsecrap we call looting. All of us have several toons, many of which can play any role at a very very high level. I am usually tanking or healing and shot-calling timers when needed. We have an outside leader doing most of the lifting. I used to be the outside leader (21st man) but I’d really love to prog this season.

Anyway, my goal was to play one of the following specs: Prot Paladin, BDK, Prot/Fury Warrior, MW/BrM or Resto/Ele Shaman.

We were supposed to declare mains by Tuesdays reset. The sooner your declared your main, the more likely you’d have a starting role.

Week 1: 8/11N+8/11M+8 mythics
DK: 1 tier from the vault (legs)
Paladin: 1 tier from the raid (legs)
Shaman: Zero tier
Monk: Zero Tier
Warrior: Zero tier

Week 2: 11/11N+11/11M+8 mythics
DK: 0 Tier
Paladin: 1 tier from the vault (Hands)
Shaman: 1 tier from raid 1 from the vault
Monk: Zero Tier
Warrior: Zero tier

So by reset, we had our main tank (prot pally), so I cannot play prot, the 5 starting healers and 2 backups, all melee and all range filled. In order to get a starting spot you must have at least a 2 piece. Which I have as a paladin, but now I can only be in reserve.

Let’s talk this week:
BDK: 11/11N 11/11H and got a second tier piece, legs AGAIN, traded

I was told that Prot Warriors are not viable this tier which I agree with, cosmic damage just destroys them. So my ONLY shot is to get my 2 piece on my monk or I am out on sub duty.

After talking to the raid, it was voted that I have been benched and moved to the 21st man position AGAIN. We have plenty of subs on the bench and we got 3 more tanks, 1 BDK (starting) and a prot pally+BrM on the bench.

So thanks blizz, I took 2 weeks of PTO to gear up toons for our NA Alliance Race and I got benched because your RNG is awful. The “bad luck” protection is a joke…

3 Likes

You know, the RNG feels bad, but I do also think this rush rush rush content is part of what’s wrong with the general feel of WoW. People have wanted tier sets to return since they were removed, yet now that they’re back there are people criticizing them. Back when they were still in the game, it isn’t like there was anything ensuring that you’d get them in a reasonable amount of time, but the community has really become this rushing mentality and I worry that Blizzard will start designing more around that mentality which honestly will shorten the lifespan of the game.

Still, that does suck about being benched. That’s an awful feeling.

6 Likes

World first mythic raid? You know cross-server doesn’t open until hall of fame closes, right? Or world first heroic? I guess your community is all from the same realm.

1 Like

Community is on the same realm.

1 Like

2 weeks pto to play a video game…yikes…

Sorry for your luck, but you did it to yourself.

I mean the race to world first Alliance NA, good luck prepping for that while working 40 hours a week.